19. Saginaw Valley State (3-0)
    20. Albany State (2-1)
    21. Colorado School of Mines (1-2)
    22. Virginia Union (3-0)
    23. New Haven (2-1)
    24. Henderson State (3-0)
    25. Nebraska-Kearney (2-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Frostburg State, Indiana (PA), West Texas A&M, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Kutztown, Sioux Falls, Assumption, Midwestern State, Minnesota State-Mankato, Tiffin, Washburn, West Alabama, Bowie State, Wayne State (NE)

Can't say I put much faith in this poll, it looks nice Augustana at #13, but probably too high. Vikings last playoff victory happened in 2010. Would say AU belongs in the 20's along with USF.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
      AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/19)
      1. Ferris State (29) (2-0)
      2. Northwest Missouri State (3-0)
      3. Grand Valley State (1) (3-0)
      4. Angelo State (3-0)
      5. Shepherd (3-0)
      6. West Florida (2-0)
      7. Harding (3-0)
      8. West Georgia (2-0)
      9. Ouachita Baptist (3-0)
      10. Newberry (3-0)
      11. Slippery Rock (3-0)
      12. Ashland (2-0)
      13. Augustana (3-0)
      14. Pittsburg State (3-0)
      15. Valdosta State (2-1)
      16. Indianapolis (2-0)
      17. Notre Dame (2-1)
      18. Lenoir-Rhyne (2-1)
      19. Saginaw Valley State (3-0)
      20. Albany State (2-1)
      21. Colorado School of Mines (1-2)
      22. Virginia Union (3-0)
      23. New Haven (2-1)
      24. Henderson State (3-0)
      25. Nebraska-Kearney (2-1)

Others Receiving Votes
      Frostburg State, Indiana (PA), West Texas A&M, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Kutztown, Sioux Falls, Assumption, Midwestern State, Minnesota State-Mankato, Tiffin, Washburn, West Alabama, Bowie State, Wayne State (NE)
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

LOL
        Wait til you see the D2.com poll
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

I don't know how much thought the coaches (or SIDs) put into this poll, or how closely they follow other conferences. Mankato has the reputation so they get the votes unless they lose several games. I'm kinda surprised USF doesn't garner a little more respect, but their schedule has not been good so far. If the Coo win this week they will be ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Wait til you see the D2.com poll
            It's like the equivalent of St. Cloud preseason basketball ranking, haha.

Polls are meaningless other that for tweets and and website posts so it doesn't really matter, just find it funny.

Comment

Surprised to see Mankato still getting votes, guessing someone is checking a box based on name without looking at performance / record. Sioux Falls could crack the top 25 with a win this week against UMD they just havent had the schedule yet to get more respect.

Comment

Mankato checks in at #23 in the D2Football.com poll. I would've thought Witt would have a little more sway there and if there was a second NSIC team to be ranked it would be USF. Guess this goes to show that even the writers that follow D2 football can't take their eyes off that beautiful Maverick reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
                  Surprised to see Mankato still getting votes, guessing someone is checking a box based on name without looking at performance / record. Sioux Falls could crack the top 25 with a win this week against UMD they just havent had the schedule yet to get more respect.
                  I think to many people, USF is still "that little NAIA school trying to compete with the big boys." Just as Mankato gets a bump up due to their name, USF is often held back for the same reason.

As others say, it doesn't really matter other than bragging rights. Polls are mostly meaningless. Win/loss records are what matters.

Comment

I agree with NSU4LIFE, rankings at this point are still humorous. I think USF is a top 25 team at this point but you can only play who's on the schedule and it's been weak sauce so far. Hoping Saturday changes that.

The D2 polls have the same issues as the D1 polls. Name and recency bias. Texas losing to Bama and jumping into the T25, no love for Jake Dickert's Wazzu, Coach Deboer's Huskies being below MSU still, etc. Polls shouldn't even come out until October at the earliest but that will never happen so we can go round and round here. The only poll that matters is the regional rankings, well yea. But we still have a few weeks. Let us complain about something!
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

The funny thing is all the panty-bunching over meaningless rankings :)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        The funny thing is all the panty-bunching over meaningless rankings :)
                        I've only seen laughter so idk where your panty stuff is

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                          Mankato checks in at #23 in the D2Football.com poll. I would've thought Witt would have a little more sway there and if there was a second NSIC team to be ranked it would be USF. Guess this goes to show that even the writers that follow D2 football can't take their eyes off that beautiful Maverick reputation.
                          I'm just one voter among like 20.

I will release my pod here around noon..and I speak to the polling process a bit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I'm just one voter among like 20.

I will release my pod here around noon..and I speak to the polling process a bit as well.
                            Yes, my comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek. I didn’t realize there were that many voters in the poll though

Comment

I will mention something that I think many of you will find....interesting/enlightening. If you get bored this week, try and drum up your own top 25 nationally. I mean this honestly, not in the least bit snarky, etc. Use different tools like Massey or whatever to drum up your own take on what the top 25 should look like. With 18 conferences (or whatever we have in D2), it makes for an interesting exercise. Then post it here to compare your poll against the AFCA or the D2 one. I would be interested to see how and if you'd have NSIC teams ranked..and where, etc. (Don't think you need to mimic either poll, but drum up your own thoughts. That's honestly the exact thing that I do. Lemme see a few here guys before the weekends games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X