Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4....Witt Podcast..

The moment you've all been waiting for in your week....(eye roll)

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...1663776890388/

We debate/discuss the top 5 quarterbacks in the last decade of NSIC football..

Thanks again for the pod Witt. However, if you were to give me the multiple TDs you and Tom favored Augie by this weekend, I’ll take the Wolves. I don’t know that NSU can win, but I expect it to be closer than most expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      The moment you've all been waiting for in your week....(eye roll)

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...1663776890388/

We debate/discuss the top 5 quarterbacks in the last decade of NSIC football..
      Witt made a comment about the 2015 time frame on the podcast (and I'm including 2012-2015 in there too.. slightly before) of having some incredible QB play and he couldn't be more accurate. Looking at the "all-time" ranks statistically in NSIC history - it's pretty crazy. Arguably had the greatest QB in program history for: Heid (Augie), Jaeschke (UIU), Nelson (Winona), Papillion (USF), Klaphake (SCSU), Bauer (UMD), Osborn (Wayne), Jacobson (NSU), Gimbel (SMSU), Hein (Bemidji). All those also ranked in order of total yardage in NSIC history (only updated through 2019 per NSIC site). What a golden age of QBs we had in the 2013-2016 time frame.
      Last edited by #WolvesNation; 09-21-2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Another great podcast. Agree on the Golden Age of QBs.

Question on punts and yardage- when a punt is blocked, how do they measure the yardage? Zero? I've always wondered about that- sometimes it gets past the LOS, sometimes it is returned for a TD, sometimes it becomes a safety. Any statisticians know?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Another great podcast. Agree on the Golden Age of QBs.

Question on punts and yardage- when a punt is blocked, how do they measure the yardage? Zero? I've always wondered about that- sometimes it gets past the LOS, sometimes it is returned for a TD, sometimes it becomes a safety. Any statisticians know?
          You know who wont be looking into this topic of punting....if you've been listening to the pod..haha

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            Thanks again for the pod Witt. However, if you were to give me the multiple TDs you and Tom favored Augie by this weekend, I’ll take the Wolves. I don’t know that NSU can win, but I expect it to be closer than most expect.
            But I'm impartial and you're a Northern fan..ha!

I think the NSU offense is going to struggle and they haven't seen an offense as complete as Augie's yet....and it's at KO. If I'm wrong, you know that I won't shy away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

Witt made a comment about the 2015 time frame on the podcast (and I'm including 2012-2015 in there too.. slightly before) of having some incredible QB play and he couldn't be more accurate. Looking at the "all-time" ranks statistically in NSIC history - it's pretty crazy. Arguably had the greatest QB in program history for: Heid (Augie), Jaeschke (UIU), Nelson (Winona), Papillion (USF), Klaphake (SCSU), Bauer (UMD), Osborn (Wayne), Jacobson (NSU), Gimbel (SMSU), Hein (Bemidji). All those also ranked in order of total yardage in NSIC history (only updated through 2019 per NSIC site). What a golden age of QBs we had in the 2013-2016 time frame.
              I recall after 2016 in my final column (which is no longer avl on the site when the site had a minor facelift)..I talked about we probably won't see something like this again. We kinda haven't..ha.

There was some signs that we might be having a reboot of those times with guys like Alt, Saddler, Bohn, Logan Nelson, and such....but that's still tbd.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                Honestly I was surprised by that as well.

Comment

Thanks again for the podcast. Some thoughts, CSP is the best team with no wins and will win a game their not expected to this season. I firmly believe Trey Heid is the best QB of the decade, he started for 4 years and set so many records, plus was incredibly durable for a QB who ran often. Am happy for SMSU loyal fans, nobody expected this production from a first-year coaching staff.

Comment

Enjoyed this week's podcast. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

But I'm impartial and you're a Northern fan..ha!

I think the NSU offense is going to struggle and they haven't seen an offense as complete as Augie's yet....and it's at KO. If I'm wrong, you know that I won't shy away from it.
                      All true, even if I'm one of the more "impartial" Northern fans you might find, ha. If Northern can win the turnover battle, they have a shot. If not, this game could get lopsided as the offense doesn't have the firepower to score a bunch and as good as the defense might be, if Augie gets a bunch of short fields they are going to put up some points.

Comment

On the QB talk, I feel like Demetrius Carr looked like he was something special after the 2016 season for Minnesota State University Moorhead, throwing for 2,710 yards and 31 touchdowns with just 7 interceptions, plus running for 297 yards and five touchdowns. A total of 3,007 yards and 36 touchdowns, leading the Dragons to a seven win season, their most victories since 1999.

There was hype for his senior year. In 2017, though he took a step back, throwing for just 9 TDs and tossing 12 interceptions with 1,735 yards. The Dragons overall took a step back in wins, going 5-6. Despite this, he still is the career leader in yards (7,564) and touchdowns (65) in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
                          On the QB talk, I feel like Demetrius Carr looked like he was something special after the 2016 season for Minnesota State University Moorhead, throwing for 2,710 yards and 31 touchdowns with just 7 interceptions, plus running for 297 yards and five touchdowns. A total of 3,007 yards and 36 touchdowns, leading the Dragons to a seven win season, their most victories since 1999.

There was hype for his senior year. In 2017, though he took a step back, throwing for just 9 TDs and tossing 12 interceptions with 1,735 yards. The Dragons overall took a step back in wins, going 5-6. Despite this, he still is the career leader in yards (7,564) and touchdowns (65) in the air.
                          I would agree..he was looking like he was gonna be in the mix..but then faded. Hodge ended up being similar.

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              No.

Can't even argue about a College Hall of Famer. They should have been in the playoffs that year. Darn Halloween storm cost them.

Jeff Loots named to College Football Hall of Fame Ballot - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X