Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    Just got back from the Bob a little bit ago. Man oh man what a game.

Was cursing the Coo's untimely penalties and TOs once again in a big game after squandering a 10-point second half lead. But then, they get a stop, force UMD to kick a FG, who misses, then drive 80 yards with 2mins to play with no timeouts and score. 34-31 the final in front of an excellent homecoming crowd. Seriously USF fans, the entire bottom was filled, took me a while to find a spot. Why can't we do that more often!?

Loved the resilency of this team, need to clean up the mistakes. The conservative playcalling Tman mentioned is still an issue under Coach A. Has been since 2017. But they found a way. I agree and hope they open up the book a litlte bit still. UMD was a solid squad. I was disappointed in the lack of pressure the D-line had for much the game but a lot of that was due to UMD's O-line. They had to get creative on O today and it nearly paid off. GG Bulldogs.
    Good summary. That game completely exhausted me so I'm too tired to add anything right now.

Comment

14-3 SMSU up at the half.

Sherwood has something like 108 yards, but didn't see him on that last drive.

Comment

Minot with a TD and we have our play of the game - MSU lineman snags a batted pass and has to be dragged down by half the defense, but still secured a first down.

14-10 SMSU...

Comment

I hope people aren't surprised if Wayne wins the conference the year

Comment

I was at the Coo game today, as well. Ran into a lot of people I knew (which is the point of homecoming, I guess). Heckuva game and yeah, I’m tired, too…

Comment

Wow... Minot making this a game. TD with 1:53 left, then recovered the onside kick.

20-17 1:52 left.

Comment

Who would have thought this game would be this interesting...

28 seconds left...

Comment

15.6 left but MSU well within field goal territory

Comment

10.6 left, MSU's FG unit on.

Comment

20-20. We're headed to OT.

Comment

Minot won the toss but wanted to go on defense. Quick TD by SMSU makes it 27-20

Comment

Couple of big Onte Burns tackles put it away for the Mustangs.

Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            I hope people aren't surprised if Wayne wins the conference the year
                            I like what you're selling

Comment

Cats beat Concordia 48-21.

Comment

Alright, I'm back from watching my son's band play, and I have settled down from the excitement at the Bob this afternoon. So here are my thoughts:
                                • Stadium was probably the most packed I've seen it since the 1st Augie @ USF game in 2014. Nice to see.
                                • Offensive play calling by the Coo was way too conservative. Until the last drive of the game they probably hadn't thrown the ball 10 times total.
                                • How many 3rd and longs did USF allow Duluth to convert? Seems like the Coo defense would play well for the first two downs, then suddenly forget what to do on 3rd down.
                                • Despite having some struggles this year, the Bulldogs still seem to be pretty good in the trenches.
                                • The USF MVP of the game is the Duluth kicker. The shanked kick at the end caused a huge change in momentum. Up until that point I think everyone in the stadium had assumed a Cougar loss.
                                • Hope the USF kicker is OK. He went down on the last extra point when Duluth jumped offsides and blocked his first kick. The punter had to come in for the 2nd kick attempt.
                                • Never mount a big USF flag on your Model T prior to your drive to the stadium; wait until you get there. Driving a Model T is difficult enough without having a flag constantly whipping you in the face.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X