Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I hope people aren't surprised if Wayne wins the conference the year
    Thinking you are correct young man. Don't be surprised if Northern wins in the North.

Comment

Inkblot puts out some interesting stuff. Surprise team so far? Southwest Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Inkblot puts out some interesting stuff. Surprise team so far? Southwest Mustangs!

Woo!

I'm sure that will change by the end, but you never know...

Comment

You can count me as one that would still be surprised. The road to the NSIC championship runs through Sioux Falls. We will find out next week if that is 33rd St or 69th St.

Comment

Not sure the better team won at Kirkeby-Over Stadium yesterday, but a win is a win. If Augie plays like that the rest of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose three, maybe four games (Sioux Falls, Duluth, Mankato and Wayne).

Not exactly a groundbreaking observation here, but the offense isn't the same without Jarod Epperson at running back. If he's out for any time at all, I hope we see a lot more Tate Johnson. He seems pretty shifty and elusive.

Any news on Casey Bauman? Thomas Scholten deserves credit. He's kept the ship headed in the right direction. But the offense needs a jump-start, and, even though we haven't seen much of Bauman, I like the dual threat of his feet and arm.

Comment

You can see the full numbers at https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr4.html.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                Not sure the better team won at Kirkeby-Over Stadium yesterday, but a win is a win. If Augie plays like that the rest of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose three, maybe four games (Sioux Falls, Duluth, Mankato and Wayne).

Not exactly a groundbreaking observation here, but the offense isn't the same without Jarod Epperson at running back. If he's out for any time at all, I hope we see a lot more Tate Johnson. He seems pretty shifty and elusive.

Any news on Casey Bauman? Thomas Scholten deserves credit. He's kept the ship headed in the right direction. But the offense needs a jump-start, and, even though we haven't seen much of Bauman, I like the dual threat of his feet and arm.
                Agree we need to figure out offense, but the QB was not the problem, it was the o-line. Scholten was the jump-start the offense needed when we had no passing game 1st game+. He a some miss fires Saturday but was pretty good considering the pressure and no picks. The o-line is supposed to be an asset this year, so I think they'll fix whatever went wrong last game.

Comment

Yesterday I watched the Lions @ Vikings NFL game. The end of the game played out eerily similar to the Duluth @ Sioux Falls game:
                  • In the 4th quarter the momentum was clearly in favor of the visiting teams who had the lead.
                  • With just a few minutes left, both the visiting teams shanked a gimme field goal.
                  • In those last couple minutes the home teams were able to drive the entire field for a touchdown to take the lead.
                  • The visiting teams both got the ball back with 45 seconds left on the clock.
                  • The defenses of the home teams suddenly were able to shut down the visiting teams offense after not being able to do so the entire game.
                  • In the end both home teams snatched a victory out of what looked like certain defeat.
                  • Both home teams wear purple. :)
                  Really weird that both games I watched this weekend pretty much turned out the exact same way.
                  Last edited by Tundra_Man; 09-26-2022, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                    Not sure the better team won at Kirkeby-Over Stadium yesterday, but a win is a win. .
                    Hard for me to be able to make a determination on who was the better team based on just watching on TV, but...what I would note is that I have been really proud of how Augie is able to work through difficulty. Bauman goes down and Scholten is right there and sparks a win. Epp goes down for a couple of plays and Addo and Johnson jump right in and go. Need to out-offense a team-done. Need to out-defense a team-done. I would also add that Northern was a really good team that could have won that game.

Played and watched a lot of football in my life and one thing that has remained constant is getting the right bounce of the ball. Either with lucky plays or by keeping your team close enough to seize your opportunity. Seems like both USF and Augie were able to make plays when they had to, and both got some pretty timely luck. That has always been the mark of good teams to me.

Again, I am an NSIC rookie, but the entire conference seems to have a lot of parity, or at the very least is top-heavy with really good "any given Saturday" teams.

Hope everyone has a great week!

#VFND

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Woo!

I'm sure that will change by the end, but you never know...
                      One huge development this year in SR4.

It looks like the RMAC will only get one team in this year unless Black Hills surprises everyone and runs the table.

Colorado Mines and Western Colorado already have 2 losses.

That game will probably be a winner take all for the conference title and playoff berth.

Pueblo already has 3 losses and out unless major parity starts to happen in all conferences.

My prediction is 3 LSC, 3 NSIC, and 1 RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

One huge development this year in SR4.

It looks like the RMAC will only get one team in this year unless Black Hills surprises everyone and runs the table.

Colorado Mines and Western Colorado already have 2 losses.

That game will probably be a winner take all for the conference title and playoff berth.

Pueblo already has 3 losses and out unless major parity starts to happen in all conferences.

My prediction is 3 LSC, 3 NSIC, and 1 RMAC.
                        If you look at the Mustang's schedule, they head into the thick of it after next week. Best prediction I can give is 5-6.

Comment

Never forget who loved you first wscsuperfan haha. Congrats

Comment

Never forget who loved you first wscsuperfan haha. Congrats
                            haha

Never! ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X