Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Again, thanks for the podcast. Was great to hear Jeff Fylling on the show.
    Yes, I enjoyed the banter.

Comment

Another article about the key to the city game: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...w/69521235007/

Last edited by Tundra_Man; 09-29-2022, 07:09 AM. Reason: Erroneous information due to a mistake on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
        Another article about the key to the city game: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...w/69521235007/

The article states that Augie has won 13 regular season home games in a row. I don't believe that is accurate, as the Vikings lost to USF at home last season.
        Game was at The Bob last season.
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Game was at The Bob last season.
          Was it? I watched online last season. Could have sworn it was at Augie. My mistake, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            I'm once again joined by Tom Frederick, radio voice for USF..but then were have Jeff Fylling, who is buddies with Tom and also the longtime radio voice for Augie with us from about the middle of the show.[/URL]
            Wait, you're telling me a USF guy and an Augie guy can be friends?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Wait, you're telling me a USF guy and an Augie guy can be friends?!
              Sometimes even forced to remain family as my brother and brother-in-law can attest.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Sometimes even forced to remain family as my brother and brother-in-law can attest.
                My cousin started at Augie this fall. Now she's my 2nd cousin.

Comment

The author of the article stated “Somehow, the Vikings and Cougars managed to build up an intense rivalry by not playing each other for 26 years. It had a lot to do with Augustana being a mostly mediocre Division II team and USF being a mostly (at times wildly) successful NAIA team, and the players and fans arguing over which was a superior existence.”

I asked the author in a conversation who he thought would win between Augie & USF in 2008 and 2009. He said Augie would win both those years. I told him he was wrong. Nothing to do with this year or the past years, but in 2008 and 2009 USF would have beaten Augie and it might not have been close.

Comment

Still not sure how Matt Cartwright can live with himself. Oops, wrong sport.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...itle-contender

Nice article on Deboer and his ties to Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Awesome article. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Another article about the key to the city game: https://www.keloland.com/sports/usf-...y-to-the-city/

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Very good article....agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                              The author of the article stated “Somehow, the Vikings and Cougars managed to build up an intense rivalry by not playing each other for 26 years. It had a lot to do with Augustana being a mostly mediocre Division II team and USF being a mostly (at times wildly) successful NAIA team, and the players and fans arguing over which was a superior existence.”

I asked the author in a conversation who he thought would win between Augie & USF in 2008 and 2009. He said Augie would win both those years. I told him he was wrong. Nothing to do with this year or the past years, but in 2008 and 2009 USF would have beaten Augie and it might not have been close.
                              I agree here. Those teams were loaded and powerful. Athletic too.

Comment

For the Northern vs. Augie game I'm assuming Logan Nelson will be playing after missing the end of the game last week. The Marauder offense is still very scary this year even after losing Little. Kittner is going to get his and I believe Mary will put up some points. However, I can guarantee Mary won't put up 42 pts in a half like they did last season. I don't think Small will have the same type of game he had last year in Aberdeen with 133 yds. The NSU defense is much better overall, but especially against the run. However, I don't think they've faced any prolific passing attacks through 4 games. If the DL can continue to get after the QB I think they will be able to put Mary in some tough spots. Hopefully the DBs can hold their own as well.

On the other side of the ball the Mary defense does seem to be better than last year as well. My hope is that the Wolves get Haskins going running the ball and that will open things up for Madler to hit some open receivers. This will be an important bounce back game for Madler after the disastrous way things went down for him in Sioux Falls last week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X