Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    For the Northern vs. Augie game I'm assuming Logan Nelson will be playing after missing the end of the game last week. The Marauder offense is still very scary this year even after losing Little. Kittner is going to get his and I believe Mary will put up some points. However, I can guarantee Mary won't put up 42 pts in a half like they did last season. I don't think Small will have the same type of game he had last year in Aberdeen with 133 yds. The NSU defense is much better overall, but especially against the run. However, I don't think they've faced any prolific passing attacks through 4 games. If the DL can continue to get after the QB I think they will be able to put Mary in some tough spots. Hopefully the DBs can hold their own as well.

On the other side of the ball the Mary defense does seem to be better than last year as well. My hope is that the Wolves get Haskins going running the ball and that will open things up for Madler to hit some open receivers. This will be an important bounce back game for Madler after the disastrous way things went down for him in Sioux Falls last week.
    I had forgotten..Mary beat NSU last year in Aberdeen in a game where they jumped out to a big lead and hung on....high scoring affair.

I think we might see much the opposite this Saturday. Northern's D should be able to really disrupt the Mary downfield passing game..but the NSU offense is seldom going to blast them off to a big lead. NSU is pretty young on offense this year..but building for the future. They could be a top squad next year if Dakota comes back..Ingram too..along with a far more experienced offense, and keeping guys like Marshall upfront for a 2nd year, etc. I didn't pick a score on our pod....if I were a betting man, I'd take the Wolves 27-17..or maybe a one score contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I had forgotten..Mary beat NSU last year in Aberdeen in a game where they jumped out to a big lead and hung on....high scoring affair.

I think we might see much the opposite this Saturday. Northern's D should be able to really disrupt the Mary downfield passing game..but the NSU offense is seldom going to blast them off to a big lead. NSU is pretty young on offense this year..but building for the future. They could be a top squad next year if Dakota comes back..Ingram too..along with a far more experienced offense, and keeping guys like Marshall upfront for a 2nd year, etc. I didn't pick a score on our pod....if I were a betting man, I'd take the Wolves 27-17..or maybe a one score contest.
      Yes, losing to Mary last year in front of a large Gypsy Day crowd was one of the few stains on an otherwise very good inaugural campaign for Coach Schmidt. In his postgame interview right after the Augie game last week, he even alluded to the fact that many in the NSU program had circled this game with Mary as one that they really wanted to get this year. My expectations for the game are very similar to yours. The lower scoring the better for the Wolves in this one.

Comment

Concordia and Mankato playing the fastest game in college football history.

Comment

Play by Play and color guys for UMD are horrible. Biased, cheer and are hard to listen to. 3rd rate operation.

And the camera work is not good!

It bothered me so bad I logged in the for first time in 3 years...
          Last edited by DoubleNickels; 10-01-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

USF 14-7 at the half. Augie 2 best RB injured, Bauman not an effective passer. Scholten should come in IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              USF 14-7 at the half. Augie 2 best RB injured, Bauman not an effective passer. Scholten should come in IMO.
              Ive worked with a key players mom for a decade now. Kind of what i hoped with Bouman starting.

Comment

Wayne has fallen off the rails in the second half....was leading 14-0 and now Winona up 38-14. Two big special teams scores for Winona

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                  Wayne has fallen off the rails in the second half....was leading 14-0 and now Winona up 38-14. Two big special teams scores for Winona
                  Noooooooo! This is all my fault Superfan....I'm sorry.

Comment

Game is now tied is Bismarck, which is as big a bummer as no volume.

Another evenly matched game.

Mary playing with back up QB. Multiple times he has slid late (assuming trying to draw a penalty) which is a heady play, but man....idk if I'd be able to risk my life like that...haha

Wolves have been called once for it, but could have been more or could have not called the one. They're all close enough to go either way

Comment

Heading to OT....this should be something

Comment

Wolves score first possession on a nice throw and grab, Will to Lux. Mary then blocks the XP for the 2nd time today.

Comment

Mary runs a wildcat, reverse, with a beautiful corner Tuddy. XP good, what a heartbreak.

Comment

Mary with some wonderful sportsmanship at the end...congrats on getting the Dub. What a frustrating loss.

Comment

Mary is better than an 0-4 team, but that is a team NSU needs to beat, especially with their backup QB. Maybe this is just what Northern is, win a good game each year, lose a bad one. At least the offense last year was exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                                Mary with some wonderful sportsmanship at the end...congrats on getting the Dub. What a frustrating loss.
                                Could not believe my eyes when they went wildcat in OT. What a win. Needed this one bad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X