Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Could not believe my eyes when they went wildcat in OT. What a win. Needed this one bad.
    That was a great play and just ass good as the throw and catch NSU had in OT. Amazingly, I though Mary looked better than anyone we have faced so far. But just my opinion. Lot of backup play in this league...crazy

Comment

Just got back from KO. What a fun game and environment.

Pretty much the game I expected. Even when the Coo were up by three touchdowns going into the 4th I kept telling my wife that this game is going to come down to the end. I knew that the Vikings weren't going to give up until the whistle blew.

Once again the Coo offense went way, way too conservative in the 4th quarter. Repeatedly running straight up the middle when the defense knew exactly that's what we were going to do nearly let the Vikings come back on us. Giving the ball back to Augie down a touchdown with a few minutes left on the clock seemed to be a recipe for disaster. Glad we were able to hold on for a win the 2nd week in a row.

That makes 8 out of 10 years the Key to the City resides at USF. But who's counting? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        Mary is better than an 0-4 team, but that is a team NSU needs to beat, especially with their backup QB. Maybe this is just what Northern is, win a good game each year, lose a bad one. At least the offense last year was exciting to watch.
        Probably accurate. We've seen the offense, Madler is limited and looks like he doesn't see the field a whole lot. Going to need some big Gypsy Day vibe to win next week. Plenty of back story motivation there.

Comment

Oofta...

Comment

Maybe if Rb's Epperson and Johnson were not injured and Bauman would have thrown the ball better in the 1st half or didn't stand in the pocket so long getting sacked or 2 fumbles blah blah blah........Those are all excuse's and they are worthless. The better team won in a good game. Mullen's steady play was a big difference. The door is wide open for the Cougars to win an outright conference title. Maybe we will meet again in the playoffs or maybe not.

Comment

SMSU 47, UIU 7

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Oofta...
                Being mostly of Viking heritage I believe its's Uffda. Congratulations to the Mustangs. I got to believe "Stang" nation is euphoric.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Being mostly of Viking heritage I believe its's Uffda. Congratulations to the Mustangs. I got to believe "Stang" nation is euphoric.
                  As part Swede, part Dane, half Kraut and a pinch of Finn you are absolutely correct.

Comment

SMSU 47, UIU 7

Good team. Especially offensively. I did not know that Justus Mcomb was a 3 star kid out of California as well. Had an offer from Eastern Kentucky and a PWO on TCU....

I looked at the stangs and had them winning maybe 1 more this year. Probably going to up that to 6-5 or 7-4 this year. If Stangs can improve the talent level and keep your quality coach that adds another good team in the NSIC south!

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Good team. Especially offensively. I did not know that Justus Mcomb was a 3 star kid out of California as well. Had an offer from Eastern Kentucky and a PWO on TCU....

I looked at the stangs and had them winning maybe 1 more this year. Probably going to up that to 6-5 or 7-4 this year. If Stangs can improve the talent level and keep your quality coach that adds another good team in the NSIC south!
                      Underwood is the top candidate for COTY right now and well deserved.

Comment

MSU spoils Concordia-St. Paul homecoming (keyc.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                          That makes 8 out of 10 years the Key to the City resides at USF. But who's counting? :)
                          Yea who's counting!!

(Immediately updates post signature to 8 keys)

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Coo decided to make it interesting as always with a 21 point lead but got it done down the stretch. Excellent day of college football in Coo Falls today.

7, yes seven, sacks for the Cougar D-line today. Much better showing than last week against Duluth. Were really able to shut down the Viking's run game and forced the game to Bauman and the pass game who did not rise to the ocassion. Really surprised Augie stuck with Bauman as much as they did today. My Augie student brother agreed with me and then some as well but I'm not complaining, just saying.

Coo in the driver's seat in the South and overall now. One week at a time boys. Still super early but glad to see them rise to the occasion today. Lots of big games to play w/ the thorns in our side that are always Winona and Kato, a much improved SMSU, and Wayne who stil has plenty to play for.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

SMSU 47, UIU 7
                              Last night I saw the score and was impressed with how we took care of business. Didn’t even realize until this morning that Sherwood sat out. Great sign for the program!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Last night I saw the score and was impressed with how we took care of business. Didn’t even realize until this morning that Sherwood sat out. Great sign for the program!
                                Crazy thing is, if you look at the stats - Austin/Allen combined for almost as many yards this week as Sherwood/Austin last week. We have depth at that position. Not to mention McComb has some wheels too.

Just blows my mind what has happened with this program in less than a year. Obviously, we're headed into the thick of it now - but I can't help but think year 1 has been a massive success.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X