Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Players of the Week (10/3)

NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #4 Jesse Forknell (QB, 6-3, 205, So., Fargo, N.D. / Fargo Davies HS) - University of Mary

- In his first collegiate start, rallied the Marauders to 27-26 overtime win over NSU
    - Completed 18-of-30 passes for 264 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions
    - Connected on touchdown passes from 12, 19 and 21 yards out, all in the second half
    - Threw 21 yards to Collin Gapen for the overtime equalizer

NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #90 Zach Durfee (DL, 6-5, 250, R-Fr., Dawson, Minn. / Dawson-Boyd HS) - Sioux Falls

- Produced three sacks for a loss of six yards in a 31-24 win over No. 11 Augustana
    - Tallied five tackles with three tackles for loss
    - First sack came on a third and seven ending Augustana’s second drive of the game
    - Third sack came with 1:27 left setting up a second and 21
    - Added a quarterback hurry
    - Leads the NSIC in sacks with nine on the season

NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #95 Ian Kopf (DL, 6-4, 240, R-Fr., Walla Walla, Wash. / Walla Walla HS) - University of Mary

- Blocked two extra point attempts in the Marauders 27-26 overtime wins over NSU
    - The first block came at the end of the first half as Northern State took a 20-7 lead
    - His second block came in overtime after the Wolves scored on their first possession
    - UMary then won the game on a Jesse Forknell to Collin Gapen TD pass and a successful Kevin Powell extra point kick

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #4 Jesse Forknell (QB, 6-3, 205, So., Fargo, N.D. / Fargo Davies HS) - University of Mary

- In his first collegiate start, rallied the Marauders to 27-26 overtime win over NSU
    - Completed 18-of-30 passes for 264 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions
    - Connected on touchdown passes from 12, 19 and 21 yards out, all in the second half
    - Threw 21 yards to Collin Gapen for the overtime equalizer

NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #90 Zach Durfee (DL, 6-5, 250, R-Fr., Dawson, Minn. / Dawson-Boyd HS) - Sioux Falls

- Produced three sacks for a loss of six yards in a 31-24 win over No. 11 Augustana
    - Tallied five tackles with three tackles for loss
    - First sack came on a third and seven ending Augustana’s second drive of the game
    - Third sack came with 1:27 left setting up a second and 21
    - Added a quarterback hurry
    - Leads the NSIC in sacks with nine on the season

NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #95 Ian Kopf (DL, 6-4, 240, R-Fr., Walla Walla, Wash. / Walla Walla HS) - University of Mary

- Blocked two extra point attempts in the Marauders 27-26 overtime wins over NSU
    - The first block came at the end of the first half as Northern State took a 20-7 lead
    - His second block came in overtime after the Wolves scored on their first possession
    - UMary then won the game on a Jesse Forknell to Collin Gapen TD pass and a successful Kevin Powell extra point kick
    Not sure if Logan Nelson gets the go vs. Duluth. I know he was banged up, Forknell had a great game. I'd imagine Bagnell gets him some reps even if Nelson is back. I liked what I saw from Forknell, nice release and awareness. When he came out of Fargo Davis and went to Mankato was there much hype on him any Mankato fans out there?

This is a great test for UMary to build off last weeks win, two player of the week nominations and an OT thriller, need to continue with the same urgency. A let down would really put a dagger in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Not sure if Logan Nelson gets the go vs. Duluth. I know he was banged up, Forknell had a great game. I'd imagine Bagnell gets him some reps even if Nelson is back. I liked what I saw from Forknell, nice release and awareness. When he came out of Fargo Davis and went to Mankato was there much hype on him any Mankato fans out there?

This is a great test for UMary to build off last weeks win, two player of the week nominations and an OT thriller, need to continue with the same urgency. A let down would really put a dagger in the season.
      No hype, but it would be great to still have him here now. He’s better than what the Mavs currently have in the QB room.

Comment

Durfee is an athletic freak. Hard to believe he just started playing D Line last season. He has a high ceiling

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

No hype, but it would be great to still have him here now. He’s better than what the Mavs currently have in the QB room.
          Thanks Purple Mav Man, I was glad to see him come our way, can never have too much depth at QB, especially with how often our pockets collapsing.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Thanks Purple Mav Man, I was glad to see him come our way, can never have too much depth at QB, especially with how often our pockets collapsing.
            Well, to not make myself a liar… no hype outside of the coaches being ‘very excited to sign him’ :) But again, very solid QB. You guys should be alright there going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
              Durfee is an athletic freak. Hard to believe he just started playing D Line last season. He has a high ceiling
              I'll be honest, I did not see this immediate impact coming this quickly.

Also, just look at the body transformation. Last year as a true freshman, he was 230 lbs. Now up to 250 lbs.

Comment

Maybe Witt or someone else can help me out...I'm seeing 16.5 as the NSIC single season sack record dating back to 2004 (Gordon, MSU '14; Garrett, CSP '18). Does that sound right? With 9 through 5 weeks, there's a legitimate chance of the record going down.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Maybe Witt or someone else can help me out...I'm seeing 16.5 as the NSIC single season sack record dating back to 2004 (Gordon, MSU '14; Garrett, CSP '18). Does that sound right? With 9 through 5 weeks, there's a legitimate chance of the record going down.
                  I think you’re correct on the 16.5 number being the record.

The pace is there. But consistency may be the ultimate factor. 9 sacks in 5 games is very good no matter what, but his numbers come from 3 total games: 4 sacks, 2 sacks, 3 sacks. Then two games of zero. Either way, the man’s a menace!

Comment

By no means do I have anything to do with the record keeping of the league..but that sounds about right. Gordon was the first person that came to mind.

USF was pretty excited about this guy before the season..and being newish, has em on their 2nd DL. Being an old hoops player, he's got athletic moves an looks more like a tall backer in terms of his movements and athleticism..often getting around the corner faster than a bulky offensive lineman.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X