• Week 6 Chat

Mary at Minnesota-Duluth
    Minot State at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Minnesota State-Mankato at Wayne State
    Southwest Minnesota State at Sioux Falls
    Concordia-St. Paul at Bemidji State
    Winona State at Northern State
    Augustana at Upper Iowa

Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that SMSU at Sioux Falls would be one of the games of the week? SMSU is having a great season so far. Going forward we'll get a better idea of who they really are now that they're on the tough part of their schedule. The Mustangs have yet to beat USF since the Coo came into the NSIC. I'm kind of thinking they'll play tough, as they've got some momentum.

Winona at Northern should be a good game. I think last week exposed Northern a bit, and Winona is playing pretty well. The Wolves aren't going to want to lose two weeks in a row, especially on homecoming. I still think Winona takes this, but it will probably be close.

Mankato at Wayne should be an interesting game as well. I could see that one going either way.

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that SMSU at Sioux Falls would be one of the games of the week? SMSU is having a great season so far. Going forward we'll get a better idea of who they really are now that they're on the tough part of their schedule. The Mustangs have yet to beat USF since the Coo came into the NSIC. I'm kind of thinking they'll play tough, as they've got some momentum.
    I wish I could be more optimistic about this game, however I'm just hoping we keep it close. I'd like our chances slightly more if we were at home, but at this point I'm just hoping we make it the closest margin of victory in a game at Bob Young Field (which currently sits at 18 points).

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I wish I could be more optimistic about this game, however I'm just hoping we keep it close. I'd like our chances slightly more if we were at home, but at this point I'm just hoping we make it the closest margin of victory in a game at Bob Young Field (which currently sits at 18 points).
      If Vegas set a line on D2 I would guess it would be USF -21 or -22. So not sure we are even expected to keep it close. I hope we do. I thuink we can. Just saying what the betting line would be .

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

If Vegas set a line on D2 I would guess it would be USF -21 or -22. So not sure we are even expected to keep it close. I hope we do. I thuink we can. Just saying what the betting line would be .
        Was Jesse Sherwood injured or possibly given a week off as RB is a body brutal position.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Was Jesse Sherwood injured or possibly given a week off as RB is a body brutal position.
          Dinged up but I think SMSU knows they have some guys who've done well when given chances....and they let them carry the load and rest up Sherwood.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I believe he had a slight injury . could have played but rested/

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I believe he had a slight injury . could have played but rested/
              Might as well let him heal up so he's available for tougher opponents. SMSU did fine without him at UIU.

Speaking of Upper Iowa, are there currently any active UIU posters on the board? They used to have a pretty active contingency, but I don't recall seeing any posts from their fans lately.

If I'm wrong about that, Otis can correct me. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Might as well let him heal up so he's available for tougher opponents. SMSU did fine without him at UIU.

Speaking of Upper Iowa, are there currently any active UIU posters on the board? They used to have a pretty active contingency, but I don't recall seeing any posts from their fans lately.

If I'm wrong about that, Otis can correct me. Lol
                Peacock has been on here along with a couple of others.

Upper Iowa 2022 - D2 Message Board (d2football.com)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Peacock has been on here along with a couple of others.

Upper Iowa 2022 - D2 Message Board (d2football.com)
                  Cool. Looks like they haven't posted in a couple weeks, but at least they're still around.

Comment

Trap game for USF coming off a VERY emotional game with Augie. Augie was a hard fought battle in the heat with lots of pounding. Now comes SMSU with more physical punishment. Coach Underwood is a fundamentals guy, his teams rarely beat themselves and will line up correctly and make plays. The stats say SMSU is a 2-1 run to pass ratio, USF’s strength is getting to the QB. SMSU only gives up 155 ypg rushing so that battle will be interesting.

Comment

I thought the Scheels in Eden Prairie was big. The one in Moorhead has a college football field in it.

Comment

WSC out to a big 24-3 lead early on Mankato in the 2nd

Lots of big plays

Comment

Coo running all over SMSU. Mustangs have not helped themselves with some bad snaps and bobbled exchanges

Comment

Trap game?

SMSU down Sherwood but Coo up 35-7 at the half.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Halftime:

WSC 27
                              MSU 13

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X