Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 NSIC Podcast....and go..

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...-preview-2022/

Jeff Papas (UMD Vox - forum user and radio fella for the Bulldogs) joins us to talk games..and also the top 5 DL in the last decade....plenty of names discussed. (tell us if we missed anybody)

Apparently I said CO Mines and said the Lonestar conference after that..trust me, it was a slip. I had Angelo on my mind..ha. I'm sure there's other mistakes, just haven't found em yet.

Regional Rankings come out Monday....FYI..

..also....if you haven't tried the pod, just click on the line provided and then hit the play button. It's essentially like a 30 min radio show..but with Tom and I....and whatever guest may join us.

Try it out.....or else!

Comment

I enjoy listening to you and Tom break down the NSIC and the players. I have been fortunate to have had both Sawyer and Bergstrom as head coach for my son. I like the defense for Winona #24 and appreciate your recognition of them. It should be a great game with Winona's Homecoming and Sioux Falls coming in Nationally ranked. Look forward to meeting you and Tom when you are in Winona.

Comment

Originally posted by Winona Warrior View Post
        I enjoy listening to you and Tom break down the NSIC and the players. I have been fortunate to have had both Sawyer and Bergstrom as head coach for my son. I like the defense for Winona #24 and appreciate your recognition of them. It should be a great game with Winona's Homecoming and Sioux Falls coming in Nationally ranked. Look forward to meeting you and Tom when you are in Winona.
        I appreciate the follow. I enjoyed Coach Sawyer quite a bit and you guys in good hands with Bergy going forward.

Living in Sioux Falls..and having boys of my own (12 and 15 years old)..I don't typically have much weekends open for football travel..which is why it's nice for me to catch teams/games in Sioux Falls..such as Bemidji, Duluth, and Wayne....when they came to USF and Augie. So....I won't be in Winona this weekend myself. I will have the 3 big games on my TV's..as I have a main big screen with 2-32" screens mounted on the wall..to each side. Dorky..I know.

As for Tom, he travels with the squad since he's the radio guy. I would love to say that you would catch up with Tom, but like most announcers..they are tuned-in to calling the game before and after the action with pre and post game stuff, etc.

It's been a few years since my last visit to Winona..back when Jack Nelson was the signal-caller..in his final year I think.

Come the playoffs, I will occasionally travel like I have to Mankato in the past if things line up right in my own personal schedule..and we do make a trip to the Natty in TX....the guys on our Sunday night show.

Really looking forward to see how USF does against a good rush defense like Winona..along with seeing if the Warriors can pull a mild upset and be a playoff squad in year 1 of the Bergy regime.

Comment

Coach Bergy is one of the reason my son came back for one more season and hopefully a playoff run (I can guarantee Winona will be in the hunt for not only playoffs but a top team in a short time with the new staff and desire Bergy and staff bring for improvement) . Bergy has the faith, family and football in perspective and is doing an excellent job of bringing accountability at all levels of the game. You are just getting started with your boys and activities enjoy every level. The meeting of the players and their families is a unique "fraternity" to be a part of. How the kids balance school and football is amazing, but as parents we all understand the struggles the kids go through and that is why we travel to every game and play surrogate parents to many of the kids who's families are not able to make the trip. That fifteen minuets after the game of hugs and care packages for the kids make the travel rewarding win or loss. I will miss that comradery once the season is over.
          I think you have an awesome job, to be able to watch DII football and report on kids and coaches that are playing still for the love of the game and not caught up in the spotlight and chase of money.
          I'm sure Tom will keep you updated on the game. The next four weeks sure will make or break the season as well as several parents hearts.
          Thanks again for your dedication and enjoy the beautiful weekend.
          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Winona Warrior View Post
            Coach Bergy is one of the reason my son came back for one more season and hopefully a playoff run (I can guarantee Winona will be in the hunt for not only playoffs but a top team in a short time with the new staff and desire Bergy and staff bring for improvement) . Bergy has the faith, family and football in perspective and is doing an excellent job of bringing accountability at all levels of the game. You are just getting started with your boys and activities enjoy every level. The meeting of the players and their families is a unique "fraternity" to be a part of. How the kids balance school and football is amazing, but as parents we all understand the struggles the kids go through and that is why we travel to every game and play surrogate parents to many of the kids who's families are not able to make the trip. That fifteen minuets after the game of hugs and care packages for the kids make the travel rewarding win or loss. I will miss that comradery once the season is over.
            I think you have an awesome job, to be able to watch DII football and report on kids and coaches that are playing still for the love of the game and not caught up in the spotlight and chase of money.
            I'm sure Tom will keep you updated on the game. The next four weeks sure will make or break the season as well as several parents hearts.
            Thanks again for your dedication and enjoy the beautiful weekend.
            Tom
            Tom,

Thanks for dropping the line here. Your son is fun to watch and part of an outstanding group of pass-rushers in this league in 2022.

I've known Bergy for a few or more years now. Great guy..the kinda fella you'd want your son to play for and be mentored by.

The Warriors have opportunity knocking on their door at this very moment..frankly, for them this is a playoff game..and for any 2 loss team in the NSIC, all these matchups are like a playoff contest right now..which is what this week so exciting..it's almost like the playoffs are starting right now for a fair amount of those squads.

Comment

WOW! What an exciting weekend and season of D2 Football especially in our NSIC. Two more weeks before its over and some major games coming each weekend. I'll save you a seat on the "Bergy" Fan wagon. First year head coach and first year coaching staff one win away from sharing the South Conference Championship that is pretty amazing. The D-Line of "Purple People Eaters" are getting better each week and the Offense is gaining momentum. Winona still has not played a whole game as a team yet, but continue to get better. I reminded everyone yesterday how Winona lost in 2019 down at Upper Iowa nocking us out of any playoffs hopes, so don't over look the next game.
              Good luck with your Regional rankings.

Comment

Here is a new award in the future years for you and Tom's weekly podcast...
                Name the NSIC Defensive Player who made first team all conference at two different positions? DL and LB
                Still room on the Bergy Fan bus for you...although a couple wheels fell off at Mankato, hopefully they are on tight for Bemidji
                Thanks again

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X