Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 Chat

Here we go. Week 10 already. Crazy how time files.

Winona State at Upper Iowa
    Southwest Minnesota State at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Northern State at Bemidji State
    Minnesota-Duluth at Augustana
    Wayne State at Sioux Falls
    Mary at Minot State

I think GOTW will be Wayne @ USF. Very likely a playoff elimination game. Both teams are solid, but neither have been lights-out. If USF plays to their potential, then I think the Cougars win. If not, then I think Wayne will be a very happy team come Saturday night. I'm hoping the Coo stops their two-game slide.

Duluth @ Augie looks to be a good matchup as well. Both teams have looked solid at times this season, and both teams have looked kind of "iffy" at times. It appears that the wind has come out of the Vikings sails the last few weeks, so I'm going to give the nod to Duluth.

It will be interesting to see if Northern's defense will be able to hold down Bemidji's offense.

Mary has their shortest road trip of the year. They have been playing to the level of their opponent most of this season. It's possible that the Red Beavers get a win, but if they do it's only because Mary isn't playing as well as they could.

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Here we go. Week 10 already. Crazy how time files.

Mary has their shortest road trip of the year. They have been playing to the level of their opponent most of this season. It's possible that the Red Beavers get a win, but if they do it's only because Mary isn't playing as well as they could.
    Is there much of a rivalry there? Seems like there should be as the two D2 schools in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post

Is there much of a rivalry there? Seems like there should be as the two D2 schools in the state.
      Not sure if there's a rivalry or not.

I know both Minot and Mary moved from NAIA to D2 in the last 20 years, right around the same time frames that NDSU and UND were moving from D2 to D1 FCS.

Comment

There is a little rivalry in football, but I would say basketball and definitely in hockey is a bigger rivalry.

Comment

It's hard to determine why Augustana is struggling late in the season, losing top running back Jarod Epperson was a real blow. Still, it's a team that beat Bemidji, Wayne and Northern. Playoff hopes have dissipated. Hopefully for Viking fans the team finish's strong, starting with a win against Duluth. This season has gone by far too fast!

Comment

Really looking forward to the Wolves taking a dip in Lake Bemidji.

Comment

During the NAIA days and the Sculz era Dickinson was Mary's biggest rival. Minot is bigger with Basketball and Hockey as a rival in the D2 era.

Comment

Also, Mary's football games have been sparsely attended, 1000-2000 people. Hockey games are drawing a ton. That program has really embraced the community and is only getting bigger. Interested how they do in ACHA Division 1.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  It's hard to determine why Augustana is struggling late in the season, losing top running back Jarod Epperson was a real blow. Still, it's a team that beat Bemidji, Wayne and Northern. Playoff hopes have dissipated. Hopefully for Viking fans the team finish's strong, starting with a win against Duluth. This season has gone by far too fast!
                  It's really not hard. It's the defensive coordinator Sipple. He's the reason for the losses to SF and MSU and he let WSU get up 2 scores in 1st Q before someone slapped him and made him play his starters more to hold them to 3 points the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    As far as I can tell, it seems like each position group has had significant injuries. The bright spot is that even with the injuries, the depth that has been recruited has allowed us to be close in every game minus the Mankato game. The season really has gone too fast. While playoff hopes are becoming more distant, it does speak volumes that the players are focused, fighting, and still hungry. The season did not live up to the hype, but maybe it is a good learning experience and will help out in seasons to come. Losing Ep for the season is really a back-breaker for the offense as the offense seemed to run through him first to loosen up the passing game. Viking Fight Never Dies #VFND

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

It's really not hard. It's the defensive coordinator Sipple. He's the reason for the losses to SF and MSU and he let WSU get up 2 scores in 1st Q before someone slapped him and made him play his starters more to hold them to 3 points the rest of the game.
                      Do you feel a different DC has the Vikings 9-0?

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Not sure if there's a rivalry or not.

I know both Minot and Mary moved from NAIA to D2 in the last 20 years, right around the same time frames that NDSU and UND were moving from D2 to D1 FCS.
                        I know for Minot it is seen as a rival, regardless of sport. The Big Lake trophy is Minot's only trophy game so, it seems like it counts a little more.

Comment

Week 10 Pod..
                          https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-ten-preview-2022/

New segment....NSIC Stat Jeopardy..middle of the show. Top 5 DB's in the last decade.

Comment

Every teams rotates on defense, but I am sure the sole reason they have lost games is only on him and no other factors right? Laughable.

Comment

From just my one game observation, it is alot more than a DC. Augie's offense was not good against Winona. Almost every pass is around the line of scrimmage with hopes the receiver can get the yards on their own. Scoring 7 points is too low in any D2 game. Against Winona every phase seemed subpar, offense only had 7 points, special teams was poor , poor punting and missing chip shot field goal, defense recovered after the first 2 drives and played well, but I get your point about the first 2 drives. However, it appeared with a 14 point lead Winona didn't think much of Augie's offense and played like the score was insurmountable and ran a lot of clock and took 0 chances

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X