3 Minnesota State Mankato 8-2 8-2
    4 Bemidji State 8-2 8-2
    5 Winona State 8-2 8-2
    6 Wayne State (NE) 8-2 8-2
    7 Sioux Falls 7-3 7-3
    8 Colorado State University Pueblo 7-3 7-2
    9 Minnesota Duluth 7-3 7-3
    10 Augustana (SD) 6-4 6-4

USF ahead of UMD makes sense given the vast disaprity between the North and South. Eeverone would be better off if they eliminated the football divisions but I don't see it happening.

Comment

My biggest concern is, does a loss to Winona knock MSU out? I'd think not based off of this but it would be close I'm sure!

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
        My biggest concern is, does a loss to Winona knock MSU out? I'd think not based off of this but it would be close I'm sure!
        I have no knowledge of this, but I would think that whoever losses (MSU or Winona) will definitely fall, but will stay in the playoffs due to the fact that this can only improve their SOS, and USF’s SOS will take a hit because they play UIU. I also think that CSU-P will jump USF if CSU-P beats BHSU because BHSU has a winning record and it will improve CSU-P’s SOS, while USF’s is falling.

Of course, who knows what will actually happen?

Comment

“Alex give me things I didn’t expect to see today for $500 please”

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
            USF ahead of UMD makes sense given the vast disaprity between the North and South. Eeverone would be better off if they eliminated the football divisions but I don't see it happening.
            The North/South disparity is somewhat neutralized because everyone plays 5/7 of the opposite division. Wayne State is in the South and they have one of the lowest SOS's in the conference because the two teams they miss are Bemidji and UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
              “Alex give me things I didn’t expect to see today for $500 please”
              I'll enjoy it this week. Pretty sure they won't be at the #7 spot next week unless somehow everyone else loses.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
                1 Angelo State 10-0 10-0
                2 Colorado School of Mines 8-2 8-1
                3 Minnesota State Mankato 8-2 8-2
                4 Bemidji State 8-2 8-2
                5 Winona State 8-2 8-2
                6 Wayne State (NE) 8-2 8-2
                7 Sioux Falls 7-3 7-3
                8 Colorado State University Pueblo 7-3 7-2
                9 Minnesota Duluth 7-3 7-3
                10 Augustana (SD) 6-4 6-4
                So CSUP and Black Hills are both 7-3? But BHSU is in another region? So them beating Pueblo might be the only way USF gets in?

Comment

As I look at this, it would seem that the loser of WSU v. MSU should still make the playoffs. But I've been wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

So CSUP and Black Hills are both 7-3? But BHSU is in another region? So them beating Pueblo might be the only way USF gets in?
                    Seems to be

Comment

No Black Hills State and CSU-P are both in the RMAC and in SR4.

Comment

I would think the loser falls to 6? Maybe, not sure how it all works

Comment

Is it all strictly mathematical or is there any other determinations

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                            I'll let Witt or Inkblot do the math but I'm pretty sure that they would still be in because of WSU's strength of schedule. Same thing for WSU if MSU won. Who would replace the losing team? USF have lost to both.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

No Black Hills State and CSU-P are both in the RMAC and in SR4.
                              That's what I didn't get. I thought they were in the RMAC. But they weren't ranked higher than Augie at 6-4.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X