• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 Chat

In Minot today:

Originally posted by laker View Post
    In Minot today:

Am I the only one who thinks that looks fun?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Am I the only one who thinks that looks fun?
      I've done it several times. It wasn't fun. Of course when you have a head coach that insists that you do pushups and up downs before a game before the days of football gloves so your hands get wet and cold before the game even starts, as a receiver you know it is going to be a long day/night.

When I was coaching Thursday was a no-pad walk through and special teams. I made a deal with them that if they promised to win the next night we would skip wind sprints at the end of practice. They sprinted up the hill all the way to the locker room. Luckily we did win in the mud. You don't seem to notice the weather as much when you are winning, but if you are losing it gets more and more miserable. Winning feels like being a little kid and getting dirty is a badge of honor.

Comment

https://goumary.com/news/2022/11/7/g...s-complex.aspx

Construction to potentially start in the fall. Renderings look great.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
          https://goumary.com/news/2022/11/7/g...s-complex.aspx

Construction to potentially start in the fall. Renderings look great.
          Really nice, though it seems like they are opting for a tiny video board and no visitors section? Either way, that's exciting for the Marauders. That baseball stadium would be near the top of the NSIC too, which is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Really nice, though it seems like they are opting for a tiny video board and no visitors section? Either way, that's exciting for the Marauders. That baseball stadium would be near the top of the NSIC too, which is cool.
            Ya, I thought the no visitor side was interesting. Just curious, how many NSIC programs have an indoor dome?

Comment

Well, been away due to work for the last two weeks and couldn't participate in the confidence or pick 'em, but probably for the best as my Vikings and the Coo have both been on a skid. It appears that this week's slate is highlighted by the Winona and Mankato game. My question for yall is what the selection criteria is for Mineral Water Bowl? Hopefully, Augie would have an inside track on that and the boys can get one more game out of the season.

EDIT: Just went back and saw Witt's comment that the MWB was killed by Covid and lack of sponsors. Too bad.
              Last edited by WPHB; 11-08-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

First off....good for them, something to get pretty excited about. Like mentioned already, the no visitors section is kinda head-shaking the moment I pulled it up....but yet a bunch of other 'nice to have' things throughout this complex..including the blow up dome thinger. It's kinda like very modern thinking mixed with small town high school thinking = everyone sits on one side and the video board being an afterthought.

I do really like the idea of schools making a complex out of athletic space..similar to what Dakota State is doing, like we've talked about in the past. I'm too lazy to read through all the details..but it's saying 2030 Vision....does this mean 8 years from now..?

Comment

Some competitive and interesting games this week.
                  • Minot State at Concordia-St. Paul - Minot got their win last week. Both teams are struggling, but I don't see the Red Beavers likely to get two in a row.
                  • Minnesota State-Moorhead at Wayne State - On paper Wayne should easily win this one, but never underestimate a team that has nothing left to lose. Moorhead will probably be looking to play spoiler.
                  • Winona State at Minnesota State-Mankato - I think most everyone probably agrees that this is the GOTW. Playoffs on the line, or at minimum playoff seeding on the line. I've seen both of these teams play this season and I can make a case for both of them to win. I'm going to give the edge to the Mavericks because they're at home.
                  • Sioux Falls at Upper Iowa - Another one that shouldn't be close on paper. Unless USF decides to break their old record and get a 150 yards in personal foul penalties.
                  • Augustana at Southwest Minnesota State - Earlier this season I would have said that this game's outcome was pretty obvious. Now I could see it going either way. I think Augie is going to put just enough together to get a victory to end their season.
                  • Minnesota-Duluth at Northern State - Not a playoff implication game, but what a great matchup. Another one that I could see going either way. If Duluth plays to their potential then I think they come out victorious. If they don't, then the Wolves defense should make it a long day for the Bulldogs.
                  • Bemidji State at Mary - Mary has been playing to their opponent's level all season. They should have a way better record than they do, but keep dropping games to opponents that they should easily beat (*cough* *cough* *Minot* *cough*). I don't think they'll beat the Green Beavers, but then again I didn't think they would beat Northern either.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Ya, I thought the no visitor side was interesting. Just curious, how many NSIC programs have an indoor dome?
                    Inflatable? Off the top of my head, Minnesota State and Concordia do. I feel like Minot might have one but I'm not sure.

SCSU might too, but they are non-football.

As for the visitors section, maybe they are thinking they are so far away they might not get enough visitors to justify bleachers, or they will go the SMSU route and buy some cheap prefab stuff and just didn't include it in the rendering.

The tunnel is interesting too, most programs charge premium prices to sit in that area. But it's cool to have definitely.

Comment

Great facility. What's going on with the AD position tho? Last press release said they were going to announce the new hire before football started...

Comment

I think that Concordia has an inflatable. And Minot.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          I think that Concordia has an inflatable. And Minot.
                          Wayne is building one

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                            Some competitive and interesting games this week.
                            • Minot State at Concordia-St. Paul - Minot got their win last week. Both teams are struggling, but I don't see the Red Beavers likely to get two in a row.
                            • Minnesota State-Moorhead at Wayne State - On paper Wayne should easily win this one, but never underestimate a team that has nothing left to lose. Moorhead will probably be looking to play spoiler.
                            • Winona State at Minnesota State-Mankato - I think most everyone probably agrees that this is the GOTW. Playoffs on the line, or at minimum playoff seeding on the line. I've seen both of these teams play this season and I can make a case for both of them to win. I'm going to give the edge to the Mavericks because they're at home.
                            • Sioux Falls at Upper Iowa - Another one that shouldn't be close on paper. Unless USF decides to break their old record and get a 150 yards in personal foul penalties.
                            • Augustana at Southwest Minnesota State - Earlier this season I would have said that this game's outcome was pretty obvious. Now I could see it going either way. I think Augie is going to put just enough together to get a victory to end their season.
                            • Minnesota-Duluth at Northern State - Not a playoff implication game, but what a great matchup. Another one that I could see going either way. If Duluth plays to their potential then I think they come out victorious. If they don't, then the Wolves defense should make it a long day for the Bulldogs.
                            • Bemidji State at Mary - Mary has been playing to their opponent's level all season. They should have a way better record than they do, but keep dropping games to opponents that they should easily beat (*cough* *cough* *Minot* *cough*). I don't think they'll beat the Green Beavers, but then again I didn't think they would beat Northern either.
                            I tend to agree with your picks here. But this Warrior team continues to surprise me. If WSU can stop the run lime they have, it's possible they pull the game out on Saturday.

Comment

The 2 games Winona lost they were beaten 1). Away from home 2). Against good downfield passing when blitzing or pass rush didn't get home. I don't know much about Mankato. I will have to go back and watch a few games. I think to win Mankato will have to pass it downfield to open up running and short passes. Short passing and running I believe will fall right into Winona's hand. Also wonder if weather will be a factor, will be a fun watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X