Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can sense the anger/frustration brewing. I'd be shocked if we get to the end of this hane without another personal foul or unsportsmanlike.

All in all, a decent year for the Wolves but this is an awful way to end the year. Keep this for the team thread but a long list of players seemingly playing their last game.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
      Final

Wayne State 10, Minnesota State-Moorhead 7

Cats are co-NSIC champions and will make their second ever Division II playoff appearance
      I believe that is WSC’s first NSIC title, correct? Is it the first conference championship is any conference? Anyway, congrats on the title and playoff appearance!

It was a longshot anyway, but none of the games UMD needed to make the playoffs look like they’re going the ‘Dogs way.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        You can sense the anger/frustration brewing. I'd be shocked if we get to the end of this hane without another personal foul or unsportsmanlike.

All in all, a decent year for the Wolves but this is an awful way to end the year. Keep this for the team thread but a long list of players seemingly playing their last game.
        And right on cue...Trey King who is surprisingly done I guess after this, gets a big sack and runs off the field with the Duluth QBs hand warmer.

Kind of funny but stupid and this game has just become a penalty fest.

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Team barely beat Moorehead but beat USF. Everyone play or injuries?
          Everyone played. But it was cold and breezy. Wind chill was 10. Game was sloppy and very very conservative

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post

I believe that is WSC’s first NSIC title, correct? Is it the first conference championship is any conference? Anyway, congrats on the title and playoff appearance!

It was a longshot anyway, but none of the games UMD needed to make the playoffs look like they’re going the ‘Dogs way.
            Yes, first NSIC title....overall anyway. Cats were Co-South Division champs in 2008. It's also just the fourth time in school history they have won 9 games in a season.

1949 (9-0)
            1993 (9-1)
            2008 (9-3)
            Last edited by wscsuperfan; 11-12-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Vespo comes in and leads the Wolves down for TD on dome beautiful throws. Wolves avoid the first shut out in five years, I believe is what was said. Duluth cruises 28-7, still a minute to go.

I thought Vespo would be the starter all year from the moment we got him, nice to see him out there.
              Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 11-12-2022, 03:36 PM. Reason: Accidentally didnt spell shut correctly. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Everyone played. But it was cold and breezy. Wind chill was 10. Game was sloppy and very very conservative
                And never underestimate Moorhead's motivation to play the spoiler. When teams don't have anything else left in their season, these type of games where they have a chance to take down a contender become their "championship."

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

And never underestimate Moorhead's motivation to play the spoiler. When teams don't have anything else left in their season, these type of games where they have a chance to take down a contender become their "championship."
                  Moorhead played very well defensively, IMO. The first half was a turnover fest by both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                    Also, congrats to the board's resident Commodore, Otis, for the Vandy win today.
                    Thank you! They sure needed that monkey off their back. What a drive to seal it too.

Tuned into a little of the Coo on the radio and they went up 23-0 so I figured they didn’t need any of my help. Mentally prepared for them to be the 8 seed tomorrow and after the 3 game dumpster fire before today that’s probably fine.
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Please tell me there are still Shrimptastic ads. If there are no Shrimptastic ads then what have we been doing this whole time?
                      I looked this up before the season in trying to explain the joys of watching home D2 broadcasts to a buddy. Shrimptastic closed :(

This and and the lack of DTs Pub and Primetime Pizza ads explains the downfall of the Cocks.
                      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

You have beautiful facilities and great fan support. Looks like top notch atmosphere. Sky is the limit for NSU imo. The recruits love their official visits

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

You have beautiful facilities and great fan support. Looks like top notch atmosphere. Sky is the limit for NSU imo. The recruits love their official visits
                          That's good to hear. We've really position ourselves (in most facilities, with more to come in the future) but scholarships need to be addressed and the obvious thing is winning. Football is back to at the very least being competitive in almost every game. Today really wasn't as lopsided as the score showed, but Duluth capitalized when needed and that lead to the scores. The Bulldogs were just 2-11 on 3rd down and still, score just makes it look quite bad.

I cannot even imagine the atmosphere if we were ever to become a top team in the conference.

Good luck to the post season teams.

Comment

I wasn't surprised by the final score. I was SHOCKED! I have some crud- fever, chills, muscle aches, loss of appetite, weakness- so I stayed home rather than force the issue. I'm glad that I could watch online. Now we wait until tomorrow for the playoff rankings. I'd be shocked if WSU didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              I wasn't surprised by the final score. I was SHOCKED! I have some crud- fever, chills, muscle aches, loss of appetite, weakness- so I stayed home rather than force the issue. I'm glad that I could watch online. Now we wait until tomorrow for the playoff rankings. I'd be shocked if WSU didn't make the playoffs.
                              Same.....I think Winona is in

Comment

BSU jumped out to a 27-0 lead late in the first quarter and cruised to a 51-14 win in the cold and snow at Mary. Congrats on a north championship and over-all co-championship and a 9-game winning streak. Best of fortune to Coach Bolte and the Beavers as they enter the NCAA regional tournament for the second consecutive year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X