Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Passive aggressive, you’re a good Minnesooootan :)

The only issue was that you were incorrect about the fans clamoring for D1 basketball. Can talk hypotheticals all you want. Haha
    It's a talent. ;) I've worked on it some since moving to SoDak.

Personally, I don't think D1 would increase attendance (aside from SDSU, and maybe NDSU/St. Thomas). I've heard other fans say they don't go because it's D2 - maybe that's a better way of putting it. I don't think those same people would go if it were D1, I think it would be another excuse (other teams aren't good, tickets are too expensive - what have you).

My whole point in this being - D1 isn't the automatic golden goose many think. Obviously, revenue from attendance is just one slice of the pie (and a small one at that).

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

As of just this year or what? The Summit has had nationally ranked teams in a variety of sports. They aren't the ACC but are you speaking of just SDSU or just this year?

SDSU has looked shockingly worse than I thought they would this year. Even more shocking is I think most thought Mors would be a big time addition.
      SDSU is pretty meh for the sports I care about - I live a 15 minute walk from Frost/DJDS and I've frequented both the U of M and MSU more than I have SDSU this academic year. The only reason I can think to go is when NDSU is in town for football.

I will say though, it's hilarious when the Jacks MBB schedule Morris/Presentation/Mount Marty/Bellevue, and then flex their home winning percentage after pummeling them into the dirt. It's hard to take them seriously when they do that. Though I respect them for jobbing to Arkansas in much the same fashion though.

As a non-alumni/student, SDSU just doesn't do much for me. I'm sure it means a lot to those who are, but I just can't find a reason to watch beyond killing time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X