Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were seeding SR4 for 2022 Playoffs..

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were seeding SR4 for 2022 Playoffs..

1) Angelo State (11-0)
    2) Colorado Mines (9-2)
    3) Minnesota State (9-2)
    4) Bemidji State (9-2)
    5) Wayne State (9-2)
    6) Colorado State Pueblo (8-3)
    7) Winona State (8-3)

This setup would prevent any rematches in the 1st round.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    1) Angelo State (11-0)
    2) Colorado Mines (9-2)
    3) Minnesota State (9-2)
    4) Bemidji State (9-2)
    5) Wayne State (9-2)
    7) Winona State (8-3)

Thoughts?
    Could very well be.

Could Winona stay at 6 and then CSP or even USF at #7? Then ship one of those bottom teams around to another region?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      1) Angelo State (11-0)
      2) Colorado Mines (9-2)
      3) Minnesota State (9-2)
      4) Bemidji State (9-2)
      5) Wayne State (9-2)
      7) Winona State (8-3)

Thoughts?
      How I have it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Could very well be.

Could Winona stay at 6 and then CSP or even USF at #7? Then ship one of those bottom teams around to another region?
        Thought I read somewhere that seeding may be impacted by travel costs. If these are the teams. I see WSU at 6 and a rematch in Kato. But not sure I'm remembering that correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Thought I read somewhere that seeding may be impacted by travel costs. If these are the teams. I see WSU at 6 and a rematch in Kato. But not sure I'm remembering that correctly.
          The NCAA's first priority is to avoid flying teams in the first round.....second priority is to try to avoid rematches, but that doesn't happen. In order to satisfy the first priority, the committee can move the bottom three teams out of SR4 and pair them with teams in another SR (in this case SR3) if it will help alleviate costs. So you could see a team like Wayne State matchup with someone out of the MIAA, for example.

Comment

Will Matt Witwicki have some final projections?

Comment

Would anyone be surprised if the way Winona State lost yesterday has them on the outside looking in, making room for Sioux Falls or Minnesota-Duluth?? Among those 3 teams, Sioux Falls lost by 3 at Winona, and beat Duluth by 3 at home.. puts those 3 on pretty even playing field if you consider home field advantage. Winona lost by 21 at Northern. Duluth beat Northern at Northern by 21. Sioux Falls lost by 14 at home to Mankato. Winona lost by 27 to Mankato in Mankato. Duluth lost to Mankato by 7 in Mankato. Winona lost to Bemidji by 10, while Duluth lost by 35, their only loss by more than 7 points. Sioux Falls stumbled down the stretch losing 3 in a row before getting a win over Upper Iowa to close the season out. Duluth played 2 solid opponents the last 2 weeks of the season and beat them both, essentially knocking Augustana out of playoff contention and then going to Aberdeen and dominating. IMHO, if you are making a decision between those 3 schools, there is no clear cut choice.

Comment

Comment

Courtesy Inkblot

Comment

Not sure I see Bemidji falling below Wayne in the seeding

Comment

Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post
                      Would anyone be surprised if the way Winona State lost yesterday has them on the outside looking in, making room for Sioux Falls or Minnesota-Duluth?? Among those 3 teams, Sioux Falls lost by 3 at Winona, and beat Duluth by 3 at home.. puts those 3 on pretty even playing field if you consider home field advantage. Winona lost by 21 at Northern. Duluth beat Northern at Northern by 21. Sioux Falls lost by 14 at home to Mankato. Winona lost by 27 to Mankato in Mankato. Duluth lost to Mankato by 7 in Mankato. Winona lost to Bemidji by 10, while Duluth lost by 35, their only loss by more than 7 points. Sioux Falls stumbled down the stretch losing 3 in a row before getting a win over Upper Iowa to close the season out. Duluth played 2 solid opponents the last 2 weeks of the season and beat them both, essentially knocking Augustana out of playoff contention and then going to Aberdeen and dominating. IMHO, if you are making a decision between those 3 schools, there is no clear cut choice.
                      Sioux Falls and Duluth are the clear weak links of all the schools in contention.

Sioux Falls has all the weak bottom turd NSIC teams on the schedule and their best win is against a Duluth team currently ranked outside the top 7.

Duluth is even worse with their only decent win against Augustana.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        I have the same matchups just different seed lines.

Comment

Inkblot says WSC will end up with a slightly higher SOS than Bemidji....and thus would host the Beavers. That would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                            Will Matt Witwicki have some final projections?
                            Sorry, just seeing this now. I'm not on here on Sundays typically as we are prepping for our show and sorting through the year-to-date new data to re-evaluate the regions, etc.

I would've had MSU at 2..BSU at 4..CSUP at 7..as those were the main things in-play.

Was kinda hoping/expecting for the committee to find a way to move things around like a year ago..instead we got 3 conference rematches.

Here is our group talking about SR4 on our show last night..we go over this stuff in detail. (I've linked up when we start talking SR4)
                            https://youtu.be/JK31nB1RxyQ?t=2566

Comment

The seeding is messed up Mankato should be ahead of Mines and Wayne should be ahead of Bemidji.

It would be nice if the committee would release the results of how the teams were picked, maybe they do and I don't know about it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X