Passing
    Total (Net) - BSU 178 ANGELO 337
    Comp.-Att.-Int - BSU 16-36-5 ANGELO 21-41-0

Total Offense
    Yards - BSU 188 ANGELO 486
    Plays - BSU 55 ANGELO 85
    Avg/Play - BSU 3.4 ANGELO 5.7

Looks very lopsided to me.

Angelo did what Angelo does.....plays 2nd half football and wears it's opponents down. Almost every game has an exciting 1st half and ablow out 2nd half.

I truly think the silo schedule hurts NSIC teams. You never know how good or bad you truly are until you play other conferences.

Hopefully, Bemidji has something to build on for next season. Good luck.
    Well..Pops....the game was 13-7 in the 4th quarter with BSU at the Angelo 30 yard line....4th and 1....and Angelo gets the stop. If the Beavers finish the drive they are winning the contest....so, that's what he means by closer than the final.

Things got out of control late when the Beavers had to take more chances as they were down 2 scores, etc....but BSU hung around for 80% of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Well..Pops....the game was 13-7 in the 4th quarter with BSU at the Angelo 30 yard line....4th and 1....and Angelo gets the stop. If the Beavers finish the drive they are winning the contest....so, that's what he means by closer than the final.

Things got out of control late when the Beavers had to take more chances as they were down 2 scores, etc....but BSU hung around for 80% of the game.
      I love "IF's". And that's a big STRETCH.....HAHAHA LMAO.

This game is the PERFECT example of what Angelo does to teams. Smacks them in the mouth until they submit. Apparently you haven't watched many Angelo games.

AGAIN.....look at the stats. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

This game is the PERFECT example of what Angelo does to teams. Smacks them in the mouth until they submit. Apparently you haven't watched many Angelo games.

Haven't you done enough boasting...No action on the LSC page? Is that a yellow track around the football field?

Comment

You stated that if Bemidji finishes the drive where they turned the ball over on downs early in the 4th quarter, they go on to win the game. The problem with that statement is that Bemidji would have to “finish that drive,” which would require them to gain another 32 yards. While that doesn’t sound like much, just 32 yards, if you look at the drive chart below you will see that Bemidji only had one drive that was longer than 32 yards in the whole game, and it was only one yard longer (33 yards).

BSU had a total of 17 drives and only averaged 11 yards per drive. They only had 7 drives all game that were over 10 yards. Their only scoring drive was following a muffed punt where they started on the ASU 8 yard line. They only scored 7 points in the whole game, despite them starting five of their 17 drives in ASU territory, with three of them inside the ASU 25 and again, they only scored 7 points.

Even if they would have scored they would have then had to keep the ball away from ASU, which they proved throughout the game, even in the competitive 1st half, that they could not do. While ASU is not an offensive juggernaut, they were able to move the ball on Bemidji at many times during the game. Specifically, ASU’s three offensive TD’s were scored on drives of 48 yards, 92 yards, and 90 yards.

While I agree things got out of control late, even when things were not out of control BSU could not run the ball and had a hard time throwing it as well, and they were not able to stop several long drives by ASU.

Assuming that BSU wins if they don’t turn over the ball on downs on that one drive, still requires that BSU score from 32 yards out, and then hold off ASU for the rest of the game. That scenario requires two big IF’s that don’t seem very likely at all based on what actually happened in that game on Saturday.

While I don’t think it was as lopsided as ASUPops implies, I also don’t think that Bemidji had much of a chance of being successful against the ASU defense on Saturday, whether they converted that 4th down or not.
          BSU 1st BSU25 15:00 KO BSU41 13:27 PUNT 4-16 01:33
          BSU 1st BSU27 10:47 DOWNS ASU40 08:09 PUNT 6-33 02:38
          BSU 1st ASU8 08:09 PUNT ASU0 07:28 TD 2-8 00:41
          BSU 1st ASU48 05:52 PUNT ASU46 04:53 PUNT 3-2 00:59
          BSU 2nd BSU30 15:00 DOWNS BSU50 13:50 INT 4-20 01:10
          BSU 2nd ASU21 10:24 KO ASU13 09:03 DOWNS 4-8 01:21
          BSU 2nd BSU7 04:53 PUNT BSU33 03:13 PUNT 5-26 01:40
          BSU 2nd BSU35 00:22 KO BSU37 00:00 HALF 1-2 00:22
          BSU 3rd BSU50 12:16 PUNT ASU48 11:21 PUNT 3-2 00:55
          BSU 3rd BSU9 08:15 PUNT BSU18 06:08 PUNT 3-(-6) 02:07
          BSU 3rd BSU11 04:01 PUNT BSU42 02:30 PUNT 4-31 01:31
          BSU 3rd ASU40 00:23 PUNT ASU32 13:42 DOWNS 4-8 01:41
          BSU 4th BSU32 09:48 KO ASU49 09:01 INT 3-19 00:47
          BSU 4th BSU19 05:14 KO BSU30 04:15 INT 4-11 00:59
          BSU 4th BSU25 03:15 KO BSU25 03:07 INT 1-0 00:08
          BSU 4th ASU15 02:55 KO ASU15 02:44 INT 2-0 00:11
          BSU 4th BSU11 00:44 PUNT BSU19 00:00 HALF 2-8 00:44

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Haven't you done enough boasting...No action on the LSC page? Is that a yellow track around the football field?
            Do you remember when I solicited your opinion? Me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yes. It is a yellow track. They wanted to do a yellow track, but with blue lane lines, but supposedly there are NCAA rules that require the lane lines to be white, so they couldn't do blue and it is almost impossible to see the white lines on the yellow background.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Yes. It is a yellow track. They wanted to do a yellow track, but with blue lane lines, but supposedly there are NCAA rules that require the lane lines to be white, so they couldn't do blue and it is almost impossible to see the white lines on the yellow background.
                Would be a nice look to have a blue field to match school colors.

Comment

Do you remember when I solicited your opinion? Me neither.
                  You are one surly S.O.B. You're the kind that complains about everyone at work and your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

You stated that if Bemidji finishes the drive where they turned the ball over on downs early in the 4th quarter, they go on to win the game. The problem with that statement is that Bemidji would have to “finish that drive,” which would require them to gain another 32 yards. While that doesn’t sound like much, just 32 yards, if you look at the drive chart below you will see that Bemidji only had one drive that was longer than 32 yards in the whole game, and it was only one yard longer (33 yards).

BSU had a total of 17 drives and only averaged 11 yards per drive. They only had 7 drives all game that were over 10 yards. Their only scoring drive was following a muffed punt where they started on the ASU 8 yard line. They only scored 7 points in the whole game, despite them starting five of their 17 drives in ASU territory, with three of them inside the ASU 25 and again, they only scored 7 points.

Even if they would have scored they would have then had to keep the ball away from ASU, which they proved throughout the game, even in the competitive 1st half, that they could not do. While ASU is not an offensive juggernaut, they were able to move the ball on Bemidji at many times during the game. Specifically, ASU’s three offensive TD’s were scored on drives of 48 yards, 92 yards, and 90 yards.

While I agree things got out of control late, even when things were not out of control BSU could not run the ball and had a hard time throwing it as well, and they were not able to stop several long drives by ASU.

Assuming that BSU wins if they don’t turn over the ball on downs on that one drive, still requires that BSU score from 32 yards out, and then hold off ASU for the rest of the game. That scenario requires two big IF’s that don’t seem very likely at all based on what actually happened in that game on Saturday.

While I don’t think it was as lopsided as ASUPops implies, I also don’t think that Bemidji had much of a chance of being successful against the ASU defense on Saturday, whether they converted that 4th down or not.
                    BSU 1st BSU25 15:00 KO BSU41 13:27 PUNT 4-16 01:33
                    BSU 1st BSU27 10:47 DOWNS ASU40 08:09 PUNT 6-33 02:38
                    BSU 1st ASU8 08:09 PUNT ASU0 07:28 TD 2-8 00:41
                    BSU 1st ASU48 05:52 PUNT ASU46 04:53 PUNT 3-2 00:59
                    BSU 2nd BSU30 15:00 DOWNS BSU50 13:50 INT 4-20 01:10
                    BSU 2nd ASU21 10:24 KO ASU13 09:03 DOWNS 4-8 01:21
                    BSU 2nd BSU7 04:53 PUNT BSU33 03:13 PUNT 5-26 01:40
                    BSU 2nd BSU35 00:22 KO BSU37 00:00 HALF 1-2 00:22
                    BSU 3rd BSU50 12:16 PUNT ASU48 11:21 PUNT 3-2 00:55
                    BSU 3rd BSU9 08:15 PUNT BSU18 06:08 PUNT 3-(-6) 02:07
                    BSU 3rd BSU11 04:01 PUNT BSU42 02:30 PUNT 4-31 01:31
                    BSU 3rd ASU40 00:23 PUNT ASU32 13:42 DOWNS 4-8 01:41
                    BSU 4th BSU32 09:48 KO ASU49 09:01 INT 3-19 00:47
                    BSU 4th BSU19 05:14 KO BSU30 04:15 INT 4-11 00:59
                    BSU 4th BSU25 03:15 KO BSU25 03:07 INT 1-0 00:08
                    BSU 4th ASU15 02:55 KO ASU15 02:44 INT 2-0 00:11
                    BSU 4th BSU11 00:44 PUNT BSU19 00:00 HALF 2-8 00:44
                    Tex..when I said "they are winning the contest", I meant they would go ahead in the game, they'd be winning (at that point, with 9 mins left). I can see how it would be taken otherwise, given how I stated it. By now means was I suggesting they'd win the game..just that they'd go ahead.

Totally agree that statically (yardage) Angelo was controlling the game..but when you leave the game at 13-7 for a good while, you leave yourself open for 1 big play to change the outcome.

Good luck to the Rams going forward..they'll be a tough out.

Comment

Pops,

I've watched Angelo twice last year (playoffs versus UMD, CSM) and then this year twice (Kingsville, BSU). Since Angelo's games are behind a paywall (LSC), I typically won't pay to watch other conferences since I cover the NSIC and can still watch neighboring conferences like the RMAC for free on my Roku, etc. However, I decided to pay $10 one Saturday evening (24 hour pass) to watch Kingsville vs Angelo....and you are right, they let Kingsville hang around a fair amount in that game also..in a contest that felt like it should've been a blowout. We talked about this game on our Sunday evening show that week actually. With them being fairly similar to how they were a year ago at the skill positions (minus the Greer injury in W2), I wouldn't say that I'm ignorant of them..as you are suggesting.

I'm not entirely sure why you're unfriendly here after a win..but you be you.

Comment

Tex..when I said "they are winning the contest", I meant they would go ahead in the game, they'd be winning (at that point, with 9 mins left). I can see how it would be taken otherwise, given how I stated it. By now means was I suggesting they'd win the game..just that they'd go ahead.

Totally agree that statically (yardage) Angelo was controlling the game..but when you leave the game at 13-7 for a good while, you leave yourself open for 1 big play to change the outcome.

Good luck to the Rams going forward..they'll be a tough out.
                        I did misread what you said and that is why I responded. However I do whole heartedly agree with you on the part that is bolded above. As you pointed out in the other post about the Kingsville game, ASU does let teams hang around well into the second half in some games. This year it has not bit them as the defense has been stellar, but all it takes is one or two bounces of the ball the wrong way and ASU is looking at the score from the wrong side. I think this is the nature of not having a dominant offensive and relying so much on a very good defense.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure why you're unfriendly
                          Because that is who he is. Always looking for a reason to be snarky or condescending.

Comment

Pops,

I've watched Angelo twice last year (playoffs versus UMD, CSM) and then this year twice (Kingsville, BSU). Since Angelo's games are behind a paywall (LSC), I typically won't pay to watch other conferences since I cover the NSIC and can still watch neighboring conferences like the RMAC for free on my Roku, etc. However, I decided to pay $10 one Saturday evening (24 hour pass) to watch Kingsville vs Angelo....and you are right, they let Kingsville hang around a fair amount in that game also..in a contest that felt like it should've been a blowout. We talked about this game on our Sunday evening show that week actually. With them being fairly similar to how they were a year ago at the skill positions (minus the Greer injury in W2), I wouldn't say that I'm ignorant of them..as you are suggesting.

I'm not entirely sure why you're unfriendly here after a win..but you be you.
                            Thanks for the response. Not unfriendly, I am just a button pusher. That's my "shtick".

I am not an Angelo Alum, I am not a DII Alum. I started following DII when my son started playing in '09.

I will always cheer for the LSC in tbe playoffs or Bowl games.

Usually the LSC team I root for each year is based on which players or coaches I know. Last year it was TAMUC. This year it's WTAMU and Angelo.

Anyway thanks for devoting your time to the NSIC.

Have a blessed Holiday Season.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

Because that is who he is. Always looking for a reason to be snarky or condescending.
                              EXACTLY!!!!!! Thank you!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X