Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Iowa to GLVC

It's official: https://glvcsports.com/news/2022/11/...me-member.aspx

Mixed emotions on this given how welcoming the NSIC was to us when we moved to D2. It's the premier conference in D2 and we've enjoyed success across many sports through the years, but at end of day it's a much different conference from when we joined. The GLVC will be a better fit in terms of footprint and schools that are more similar. When we joined the NSIC it was a very good fit as well, but with the additions of the bigger schools with more resources, city size, and student body size it has made it more difficult to sustain success across multiple sports.

I'll miss this chat board especially, I've been perusing the GLVC and it's pretty limited in discussion and the characters we see in here! With that being said, looking forward to the rest of this year in here.

Good luck to UIU. Peacock, you have been a good member of this group. I guess you will be here for another year but I hope that the Peacocks have great success in their new home.

Comment

Thanks - going to miss this group of posters the most....always fun/lively banter, a little heated at times, but always engaging!! This is the most active conference on here. Have really enjoyed getting to know this crew and competing against everyone since we've joined!

Comment

Comment

Super excited for the new opportunities the Peacocks have ahead of them! I will miss the NSIC given my current location and the great members on this message board, however, I will still continue to contribute given many of the kids I have coached play in the NSIC.

Comment

Weirdly kinda bummed about this. Upper Iowa was such a unique member of the NSIC with their color scheme, mascot, and Fayette's isolation made for a cool roadtrip. The loss of Shrmiptastic was the writing on the wall. Hope DTs Primetime Pub and Pizza can solider on supporting the broadcasts. Best of luck to the Cocks.

Maybe we can get that OOC game now.
            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
            2016 NSIC Champions
            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
              Weirdly kinda bummed about this. Upper Iowa was such a unique member of the NSIC with their color scheme, mascot, and Fayette's isolation made for a cool roadtrip. The loss of Shrmiptastic was the writing on the wall. Hope DTs Primetime Pub and Pizza can solider on supporting the broadcasts. Best of luck to the Cocks.

Maybe we can get that OOC game now.
              What will be interesting is UIU is the 8th member of the 14 that has football. That means 3-4 OOC games our AD needs to find now. That could be a benefit to get some different teams to see and maybe get some momentum early vs. the gauntlet the NSIC was for most part out of the chute.

Comment

Vaya con dios Petey Peacock. He was a top 3 mascot in the NSIC.

Comment

Peacock folks..we get it. Come back anytime..because unfortunately the GLVC forum is a ghost town. Good luck to you guys in your new conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    Peacock folks..we get it. Come back anytime..because unfortunately the GLVC forum is a ghost town. Good luck to you guys in your new conference.
                    I will - I have been monitoring GLVC for a few weeks knowing that this move will most likely happen...and you are right! I enjoyed the banter in here and will miss that the most!!

Comment

Best of luck to UIU in their new journey to the GLVC. You guys will be missed and your color scheme will always be a personal favorite of mine. Consider this not to be a goodbye, but instead, a see you later.

Comment

Originally posted by NSIC_Fanatic View Post
                        Best of luck to UIU in their new journey to the GLVC. You guys will be missed and your color scheme will always be a personal favorite of mine. Consider this not to be a goodbye, but instead, a see you later.
                        Will be weird not seeing the familiar teams next year - assume that in some sports we'll see crossover matches early in season (Basketball, V-ball, baseball, softball, etc...). One big question for wrestling is will we be put in a new region. Conference really doesn't mean much in terms of regions...if we stay in same region it could be a downside as we won't have as many common opponents for seeding which will hurt us. Football will also be interesting as we'll need to find 3-4 non-conf games given only 8 teams with us now have football.

Comment

So, now what path does the NSIC pursue? Add a team? Pursue a scheduling alliance? If adding a team, who? Morningside? Jamestown? Are either of those ready and willing to go to D2? If a scheduling alliance, which conference? GLIAC?

Comment

I thought in their social media posts, they brought up a good point. While average mileages may not be much different, going south and east is much better weather than going north and west.

Hopefully laker can get any final hats he's missing from his collection.

Comment

Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post
                              So, now what path does the NSIC pursue? Add a team? Pursue a scheduling alliance? If adding a team, who? Morningside? Jamestown? Are either of those ready and willing to go to D2? If a scheduling alliance, which conference? GLIAC?
                              With UIU leaving that still leaves 13 football schools in the conference. My guess is that the NSIC becomes even more siloed than they already were.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X