Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post
    So, now what path does the NSIC pursue? Add a team? Pursue a scheduling alliance? If adding a team, who? Morningside? Jamestown? Are either of those ready and willing to go to D2? If a scheduling alliance, which conference? GLIAC?
    Could there be a three-pod scheduling setup somehow? Play your pod every year and split between other pods for remaining conference games. In hoops, your pod twice and everyone else once.

Pod 1: Minot, Mary, Moorhead, Bemidji, Crookston
    Pod 2: Winona, Concordia, Duluth, St Cloud, Mankato
    Pod 3: Southwest, Sioux Falls, Augie, Wayne, Northern

Comment

UIU will be missed, stay hard COCKS!

Comment

Is there a limit do how many games can be played in the regular season. With 13 teams would they just eliminate divisions and have everyone play one another every year?

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

With UIU leaving that still leaves 13 football schools in the conference. My guess is that the NSIC becomes even more siloed than they already were.
          But the problem with an 0dd number of teams in a silo schedule is that every weekend one team will not be playing, but not every team will get a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
            Is there a limit do how many games can be played in the regular season. With 13 teams would they just eliminate divisions and have everyone play one another every year?
            11 game season.

Comment

Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post
              So, now what path does the NSIC pursue? Add a team? Pursue a scheduling alliance? If adding a team, who? Morningside? Jamestown? Are either of those ready and willing to go to D2? If a scheduling alliance, which conference? GLIAC?
              With at least half of the NSIC being a flight to the GLIAC, I'm not sure they would opt for that route..by surely anything is possible if non-con were opened up. I'd guess it would only be 1 week for a noon-con, which would make things ideally open for the individual schools to find just 1 game of their choosing..maybe an NAIA, an FCS, or another D2. If so, that would be exciting for us fans..for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                I thought in their social media posts, they brought up a good point. While average mileages may not be much different, going south and east is much better weather than going north and west.

Hopefully laker can get any final hats he's missing from his collection.
                Speaking of hats, now I have to move my UIU cap from the NSIC collection to the D2 rack. I'll do that right now.

Now the UIU cap is between Savannah State and Valdosta State. Remembered that I have two Southwest and two Wayne caps.
                Last edited by laker; 11-29-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Upper Iowa has been a good NSIC member, but overall, especially in football, the new league will give them a better chance to win.

Upper has been pretty good in Hoops, and decent in volleyball and baseball, but football is a tough sledding for them.

I will miss them as they have been a great rival.

Comment

I don't see much changing for a few years. we can do just fine with 15 teams and 13 in football

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

With at least half of the NSIC being a flight to the GLIAC, I'm not sure they would opt for that route..by surely anything is possible if non-con were opened up. I'd guess it would only be 1 week for a noon-con, which would make things ideally open for the individual schools to find just 1 game of their choosing..maybe an NAIA, an FCS, or another D2. If so, that would be exciting for us fans..for sure.
                      Problem with that is having that 1 week be a different week for every team, scheduling middle and end of season non conference games I'm sure are difficult.. going to end up with some byes I would think. IMO it would be best to get to an even number. I'd still like to add non conference games, but at the beginning of the season. 14 teams means 6 division games, play 3 from the other division, and get 2 non conference games of your choosing.

Comment

Hate to see them go, but I understand. We had some good games with them. Still would like to make it down there to check things out.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          Hate to see them go, but I understand. We had some good games with them. Still would like to make it down there to check things out.
                          It's a fun game day environment. Tailgate area is pretty impressive. Nice facility, very nice campus.

Comment

I oddly have very little reaction to UIU leaving. They've had some fun basketball teams but overall have found it tough to compete in the NSIC. I think the NSIC is a better conference, but the GLVC does offer some sports the NSIC does not. Ultimately I think the NSIC needs to know where Augie stands. If the Vikings are going to move on, then the NSIC doesn't need to add anyone. If Augie is going to be stuck slumming with us lowly D2 schools then the conference will need to add another member to get to an even number for scheduling purposes. It wouldn't be 100% necessary, but would make scheduling a whole lot easier. If Morningside would be willing to jump that is a no brainer for the NSIC, but as has been mentioned I don't know that they have that desire. Other than that I don't honestly see a great fit for a new member.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                              I oddly have very little reaction to UIU leaving. They've had some fun basketball teams but overall have found it tough to compete in the NSIC. I think the NSIC is a better conference, but the GLVC does offer some sports the NSIC does not. Ultimately I think the NSIC needs to know where Augie stands. If the Vikings are going to move on, then the NSIC doesn't need to add anyone. If Augie is going to be stuck slumming with us lowly D2 schools then the conference will need to add another member to get to an even number for scheduling purposes. It wouldn't be 100% necessary, but would make scheduling a whole lot easier. If Morningside would be willing to jump that is a no brainer for the NSIC, but as has been mentioned I don't know that they have that desire. Other than that I don't honestly see a great fit for a new member.
                              St. John's is an obvious answer, now that St. Thomas jumped D1, but I suspect St. John's is too smart to make the jump. They have a perfect niche in D3. They can roster 200 kids for football, use sports and an enrollment driver, and be the beast.

If they move to the NSIC, all that is lost. They will compete in football and other sports, and frankly they have good facilites, but it is a bigger jump than most St. John's fans realize (not the educated ones) and the era of being"Johnnies" as we have known for 70 years would basically end.

Jamestown has some intrigue. They have $$ and are upgrading facilites.

The most obvious answer is telling Crookston - good bye, but I doubt the NSIC would have the guts to do that,

Comment

As good of an addition as Crookston would be to the North Star, it doesn't really solve an issue.

That would even out all sports except football, then if/when augie bounces you'd have even for football again but odd number for the rest.

An easy fix would be an out lying school to head off. Duluth, Winona, Wayne, or Minot. Or, of course, Augie leave now.

I'm not advocating for these things, to be clear...just saying they would be the quickest of fixes.

In the end, these administrators know much more of what is going on than we will ever be able to ponder. I'm sure most know who is looking to leave or join in the coming years already.

As I've said before, I think we are getting ever closer to adding another division entirely which will cross division lines in creating one big shake up. Felt more comfortable about this after seeing an interview a couple weeks ago which reinforced this belief.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X