Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We always talk about Iowa or Dakota schools moving up, but is there any chance someone in Wisconsin would have the guts?

Side note: When do we get the announcement of Western Illinois joining the GLVC?

Comment

Best of luck to UIU! I said it on the Facebook page but they had an awesome logo/mascot!

I agree with MrMustang the most. Crookston needs to be handed walking papers. It's not fair to them, but it is for the best.

It would be nice for Augie to make it clear what their intention is to the NSIC. I don't blame them for wanting to jump, by all means. However declaring they were moving before actually receiving an invite has really left things murky.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

As I've said before, I think we are getting ever closer to adding another division entirely which will cross division lines in creating one big shake up. Felt more comfortable about this after seeing an interview a couple weeks ago which reinforced this belief.
        I think you are right, this feels inevitable. I just hope Mankato ends up on the proper side of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I think you are right, this feels inevitable. I just hope Mankato ends up on the proper side of it all.
          It will change across the board for all sports, likely, but like most things I think football is a driving factor.

FBS is 85 scholarships
          FCS 63
          D2 36
          NAIA 24

Idk how it all shakes out but i would guess a bump up in FCS and then something created between d2 and FCS

Comment

It will change across the board for all sports, likely, but like most things I think football is a driving factor.

FBS is 85 scholarships
            FCS 63
            D2 36
            NAIA 24

Idk how it all shakes out but i would guess a bump up in FCS and then something created between d2 and FCS
            I heard something to the effect of a tier second to the FBS and a reduction of scholarships to 50 at the third level

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I heard something to the effect of a tier second to the FBS and a reduction of scholarships to 50 at the third level
              As I am new here, was this just a discussion in abstracts or something that felt more concrete, and (sorry for the two-parter) is there a rough timeline?

Thanks, I will hang up and listen....

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

As I am new here, was this just a discussion in abstracts or something that felt more concrete, and (sorry for the two-parter) is there a rough timeline?

Thanks, I will hang up and listen....
                I think it was an interview I heard with an FBS coach

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  We always talk about Iowa or Dakota schools moving up, but is there any chance someone in Wisconsin would have the guts?

Side note: When do we get the announcement of Western Illinois joining the GLVC?
                  From what I understand, though I can't find anything concrete on it, there are some mandates here in WI that prevent anyone but UW from offering football scholarships.. if true, it's asinine, and not in the best interest of the student athletes in WI.

Comment

FBS is 85 scholarships
                    FCS 63
                    D2 36
                    NAIA 24

I think the biggest thing you'll see is ...

Power 5 conferences break off and create a new "D1"

​​​​​Remaining FBS Conferences will pull some upper tier FCS schools

Remaining FCS schools scramble to solidify their situations by pulling up top D2 schools

D2 will look to add D3 or NAIA schools to fill in the few spots

D3 largely stays the same
                    Last edited by zimmy21; 11-30-2022, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I think the biggest thing you'll see is ...

Power 5 conferences break off and create a new "D1"

​​​​​Remaining FBS Conferences will pull some upper tier FCS schools

Remaining FCS schools scramble to solidify their situations by pulling up top D2 schools

D2 will look to add D3 or NAIA schools to fill in the few spots

D3 largely stays the same
                      While I agree with points 1, 2, and 5. My biggest concern is Point #4, “D2 will look to add D3 or NAIA schools to fill in the few spots,” and to a lesser extent, Point 3, “Remaining FCS schools scramble to solidify their situations by pulling up top D2 schools.”

I’m not sure there is anywhere near enough D3 or NAIA schools to fill in the D2 schools that might move up to FCS. It seems like most D3 and NAIA schools are pretty well entrenched in their current situation and are at least semi-happy. However, it is possible that it might not be as big a problem, depending on which schools decide to move into FCS from D2.

That being said, I think the D2 to FCS movement will be much bigger then D2 can backfill with D3 and NAIA, and this might significantly dilute the D2 product and brand.

Comment

The P5 isn't breaking off from D1 anytime soon.

Comment

Keeping this on topic of Upper Iowa…I found this video today. So if you haven’t seen the Fayette campus before enjoy the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Sure will miss the pretty birds, their unique team's name, uniform color and gorgeous little FB stadium. Heck I'LL even miss all those Hilmer brothers. Smallest student body in league. Kick A$$ in the GLVC Peacocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                              The P5 isn't breaking off from D1 anytime soon.
                              How truly certain are you of that? I think we're within 10 years before an announcement is made at the least

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

St. John's is an obvious answer, now that St. Thomas jumped D1, but I suspect St. John's is too smart to make the jump. They have a perfect niche in D3. They can roster 200 kids for football, use sports and an enrollment driver, and be the beast.

If they move to the NSIC, all that is lost. They will compete in football and other sports, and frankly they have good facilites, but it is a bigger jump than most St. John's fans realize (not the educated ones) and the era of being"Johnnies" as we have known for 70 years would basically end.

Jamestown has some intrigue. They have $$ and are upgrading facilites.

The most obvious answer is telling Crookston - good bye, but I doubt the NSIC would have the guts to do that,
                                So what about the women’s side in the NSIC then if SJU joins? Boys only college.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X