Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

How truly certain are you of that? I think we're within 10 years before an announcement is made at the least
    Nothing that's happened recently points in that direction. Especially approving a playoff format that gives spots to the top six conference champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Nothing that's happened recently points in that direction. Especially approving a playoff format that gives spots to the top six conference champions.
      https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/2...ision-1-change

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

St. John's is an obvious answer, now that St. Thomas jumped D1, but I suspect St. John's is too smart to make the jump. They have a perfect niche in D3. They can roster 200 kids for football, use sports and an enrollment driver, and be the beast.

If they move to the NSIC, all that is lost. They will compete in football and other sports, and frankly they have good facilites, but it is a bigger jump than most St. John's fans realize (not the educated ones) and the era of being"Johnnies" as we have known for 70 years would basically end.

Jamestown has some intrigue. They have $$ and are upgrading facilites.

The most obvious answer is telling Crookston - good bye, but I doubt the NSIC would have the guts to do that,
        This ... yes. 1000x times yes.

The fact that Upper Iowa can has several NSIC titles to their credit, still see that their opportunities are better elsewhere and make the move shows forward thinking.

Meanwhile, UMC has nothing but a 2002 golf title to hang it hat on, finishes last or next to last in everything, every year and cant take a hint. Then when they do have a coach who wins, they don't renew his contract and hire an alum.

When they let Dan Weisse go, that should have been enough for the NSIC to say, "UMC you have proven no commitment to succeed, we are done with you"

(Long time reader, once-upon-a-time poster turned poster-once-again. Sorry for the rant. but I love this league and am infuriated by Crookston on an annual basis)

Comment

Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

This ... yes. 1000x times yes.

The fact that Upper Iowa can has several NSIC titles to their credit, still see that their opportunities are better elsewhere and make the move shows forward thinking.

Meanwhile, UMC has nothing but a 2002 golf title to hang it hat on, finishes last or next to last in everything, every year and cant take a hint. Then when they do have a coach who wins, they don't renew his contract and hire an alum.

When they let Dan Weisse go, that should have been enough for the NSIC to say, "UMC you have proven no commitment to succeed, we are done with you"

(Long time reader, once-upon-a-time poster turned poster-once-again. Sorry for the rant. but I love this league and am infuriated by Crookston on an annual basis)
          You've been here there whole time?!?!

You just became a favorite poster of everyones.

Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

You've been here there whole time?!?!

You just became a favorite poster of everyones.

Welcome back
            just been hanging out in the back, minding my own...

Comment

Originally posted by WSUDieHard View Post

So what about the women’s side in the NSIC then if SJU joins? Boys only college.
              St Bens would coma long too

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                We always talk about Iowa or Dakota schools moving up, but is there any chance someone in Wisconsin would have the guts?

Side note: When do we get the announcement of Western Illinois joining the GLVC?
                If any Wisconsin schools went the D2 route I doubt they would go to the NSIC. Whitewater, Platteville, and Oshkosh would be long hauls for just about everyone. Superior and Stevens Point don't have football, River Falls, Stout, and Eau Claire aren't super competitive in most sports. La Crosse is the only one that makes geographical sense.
                Last edited by WSUWarriorFan; 12-01-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

If any Wisconsin schools went the D2 route I doubt they would go to the NSIC. Whitewater, Platteville, and Oshkosh would be long hauls for just about everyone. Superior and Stevens Point don't have football, River Falls, Stout, and Eau Claire aren't super competitive in most sports. La Crosse is the only one that makes geographical sense.
                  Agree. Or the league would just go D2 -- but I don't see them doing anything. They have a good niche where they are at

BTW Eau Claire is the size of Mankato and UMD. When we visited it was huge. They could easily be D2 if they put their mind to it. Also close to Twin Cities and not that far from people everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                    Side note: When do we get the announcement of Western Illinois joining the GLVC?
                    Never, the will not drop to D2

They are looking at joining Ohio Valley Conference since their biggest traditional rival Eastern Illinois is there. They will probably stay where they are. Eventually the state will get their head out of their rear. When I was there it was thriving at ~13K students, it has lots of room to grow and thrive again

Comment

Agree. Or the league would just go D2 -- but I don't see them doing anything. They have a good niche where they are at

BTW Eau Claire is the size of Mankato and UMD. When we visited it was huge. They could easily be D2 if they put their mind to it. Also close to Twin Cities and not that far from people everywhere.
                      I'm always surprised my Alma mater UW River Falls doesn't do better considering their only 30 minutes from Minneapolis and have finally upgraded their facilities. The stadium before renovations had to be one of the worst ones out there. The lights were only a couple yards off the field and a legit threat to be run into and the press box didn't have plumbing. People always joked that their hunting blinds were more luxurious then the old press box.

Comment

Was looking at Eau Claire's history since I knew they had some solid teams in the late 90s early 2000s. Had no idea that both Bob Nielson and Todd Hoffner both coached there.

Comment

It was posted in the past that UDUB's Barry Alvarez the AD, wanted no other Scholarship FB in WI.

Comment

UW-EC is actually 30 acres larger than MSU. But 7,000 students fewer. That place is really a big piece of property though.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              It was posted in the past that UDUB's Barry Alvarez the AD, wanted no other Scholarship FB in WI.
                              He didn't want baseball at UW either. I have nasty words to say about that.

I was working the UW girls basketball camp and went on a walk during my free time. Went to the softball stadium and and ended up finding where the old baseball home plate had been.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

He didn't want baseball at UW either. I have nasty words to say about that.

I was working the UW girls basketball camp and went on a walk during my free time. Went to the softball stadium and and ended up finding where the old baseball home plate had been.
                                Whats the reason for not wanting baseball?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X