Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlon Hill List 2022

https://greatamericanconference.com/...l_Nominees.pdf

These 48 players were nominated by their schools....the SID's then voted in their own super regions and tmrw morning they'll announce on the link below who the 2 finalists are in each region.
    https://twitter.com/HarlonHillAward

7 guys from the NSIC were nominated..which is kinda a reflection of the strong individual performances throughout the league this year.

Congrats to Jesse Sherwood ! 2nd Mustang ever on the list

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      Congrats to Jesse Sherwood ! 2nd Mustang ever on the list
      He's actually the fourth by my count, at least:

2013 - Tyler Tonderum
      2015 - Blake Gimbel
      2019(?) - Daniel Davis
      2022 - Jesse Sherwood

Comment

"SMSU has had one Harlon Hill national finalist in school history with running back Tyler Tonderum finishing eighth in the national voting in 2013."

Per the SMSU writeup on Sherwood a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
          "SMSU has had one Harlon Hill national finalist in school history with running back Tyler Tonderum finishing eighth in the national voting in 2013."

Per the SMSU writeup on Sherwood a week ago.
          That statement is correct, he is the only finalist - but he's not the only nominee:

SMSU's Daniel Davis named Harlon Hill nominee - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)
          Gimbel announced as Harlon Hill candidate - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)

Comment

I apologize I wasn't clear. I meant we had one finalist -- and I sorta jumpoed the gun since Sherwood isn't a finalist for sure --- but yea, on finalist. Tonderum finished 8th that year -- and he should have been top 4. Had an amazing year.

The other had great years, but not suprised they didn't make the finalist list

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              I apologize I wasn't clear. I meant we had one finalist -- and I sorta jumpoed the gun since Sherwood isn't a finalist for sure --- but yea, on finalist. Tonderum finished 8th that year -- and he should have been top 4. Had an amazing year.

The other had great years, but not suprised they didn't make the finalist list
              No worries, I just assumed we were talking about nominees.

What's weird is Sherwood would have likely surpassed Tonderum's 2013 season (statistically) had he been healthy all year - he was something special. I doubt he makes it past the first round as I think it's tough handing the honor to a 4-7 record, but he's definitely one of the best RBs in the country this year.

Comment

Update..

https://www.d2football.com/harlon-hi...sts-announced/

Comment

Would be great to see Alt win this…how many NSIC guys have won the award?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                    https://greatamericanconference.com/...l_Nominees.pdf

On page 3 of this link it shows the conference results. Best that I can seek no NSIC guy has won it, per their info here.

While Brandon Alt had another prolific year as a passer, I do think his 20 picks will hurt him here..and the fact he's up against John Matocha (Mines) and Tyson Bagent (Shepherd) who both have video game numbers and are heading to the semis.

Comment

After watching online the last two weeks, my vote goes to John Matocha, QB, Colorado Mines. Outstanding and doing it on a bum ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                        None from the NSIC proper, two from NCC member North Dakota State - if I'm correct.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          After watching online the last two weeks, my vote goes to John Matocha, QB, Colorado Mines. Outstanding and doing it on a bum ankle.
                          That's who my gut tells me will get it this year as well.

Comment

Matocha would be my choice

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X