Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

Have the finalist; but will let them announce what they want; when they want, if they want.
    Not my place.

No matter who it is, its a career ender unless the Patriots pick them up.

Comment

Finalists!

https://msubeavers.com/news/2023/1/1...to-campus.aspx

Comment

In my initial look at the press release, Stutzriem seems a much better fit for Minot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          In my initial look at the press release, Stutzriem seems a much better fit for Minot.
          I would agree.

The QB at Morningside portion caught my attention. Stutzriem was at the helm for the Mustangs for USF's final NAIA year in 2010. I remember that game. Morningside was ranked highly and was a packed house at the Bob that night. Biggest crowd I can recall until maybe one of the Key to the City games, even then this one might've topped those. He ended up 5/15 for 78yds, with 2 picks, a lost fumble in his only trip to the Bob and we won 28-3. Looks like he did beat ol Fat Fulmer and Tennessee though while he was at Wyoming so he's still a winner in my eyes.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

I would agree.

The QB at Morningside portion caught my attention. Stutzriem was at the helm for the Mustangs for USF's final NAIA year in 2010. I remember that game. Morningside was ranked highly and was a packed house at the Bob that night. Biggest crowd I can recall until maybe one of the Key to the City games, even then this one might've topped those. He ended up 5/15 for 78yds, with 2 picks, a lost fumble in his only trip to the Bob and we won 28-3. Looks like he did beat ol Fat Fulmer and Tennessee though while he was at Wyoming so he's still a winner in my eyes.
            A number of things caught my eye...
            QB at Morningside
            QB at Wyoming
            The early years in coaching at William Penn and USD
            Working his way up the ranks at Rocky Mountain College (Mont.)

While it might not be a straight affiliation with the NSIC, as you said he actually faced USF as a player and has had at least some coaching and recruiting history within the NSIC footprint (I'll still consider Iowa within the footprint for now). His history as a player at Wyoming and as a coach at Rocky Mountain tells me he's not exactly afraid of being in the more remote areas of the country, which Minot is. Personally, I thought it was smart that the previous MSU regime started recruiting somewhat in the Montana region. I do think there's D2 talent in Montana, Wyoming and western ND, and Stutzreim's pedigree should be a nice match for those recruiting areas. I also like that he, as a former QB, even coached OL for a year at this level at SWOSU. Shows flexibility and a willingness to see offense from a different perspective.

I don't doubt that the other guy Shields has a good resume, but I always get a little nervous personally when there's no regional connection for a coach. I think his nearest coaching stop to the NSIC footprint was at NAIA Eastern Oregon.

Comment

2 good finalists if you ask me

Comment

Aldrich fired December 2nd, Head Coaching interviews 50 days later, national signing day 12 days later. Looks like theirs an administrative issue with the beavers not a coaching issue.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                  Aldrich fired December 2nd, Head Coaching interviews 50 days later, national signing day 12 days later. Looks like theirs an administrative issue with the beavers not a coaching issue.
                  It would maybe be understandable in with a MnSCU school with all the red tape they have to do, but Minot shouldn't have anything like that.

Comment

The issue was waiting the 2 weeks plus after the season to make the decision to fire Aldrich. If you could have backed up this timeline two plus weeks you would be okay.

Can’t do anything about the holidays, the National coaches convention (which most college football coaches attend) and the NCAA AD convention ( the 2nd week of January. Like all State institutions, the hiring process is longer than Private institutions.

But your point about not having much time to recruit and put together a staff are accurate and the result of the two plus weeks mentioned above.

Comment

But the old staff is still recruiting for them according to Twitter. They will be fine 😬

but seriously, Rocky Mountain guys grabs his players, transfers, and jucos. They will be above where they were.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post
                        But the old staff is still recruiting for them according to Twitter. They will be fine 😬

but seriously, Rocky Mountain guys grabs his players, transfers, and jucos. They will be above where they were.
                        Interviews done, now does the AD take a long weekend to decide who he goes with it, slow and steady doesn't win football games

Comment

Here is some local coverage regarding the 2 coaches on campus this week..

https://www.minotdailynews.com/sport...-msu-football/

https://www.minotdailynews.com/sport...u-opportunity/

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            Here is some local coverage regarding the 2 coaches on campus this week..

https://www.minotdailynews.com/sport...-msu-football/

https://www.minotdailynews.com/sport...u-opportunity/
                            Am sure there are many differences (off field vs on field being most recent job) that will separate the two. Could boil down to: ONE has regional connection to the upper mid west and ONE has longer resume as a head coach. Interesting to see what was more appealing to the AD/committee.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

Am sure there are many differences (off field vs on field being most recent job) that will separate the two. Could boil down to: ONE has regional connection to the upper mid west and ONE has longer resume as a head coach. Interesting to see what was more appealing to the AD/committee.
                              If Minot State wants to continue their D-II history, they should obviously hire the "D-I" guy. Every place he's been they have gotten worse, just check his record at each spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

If Minot State wants to continue their D-II history, they should obviously hire the "D-I" guy. Every place he's been they have gotten worse, just check his record at each spot.
                                Going on two months without a head coach, GVSU hired a head coach in 7 days. The problem at Minot State is administrators, they can't be raising much money if this is the sense of urgency they hire with.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X