Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC RECRUITS 2023

As some of you may know my passion is recruiting. Have watched thousands of hours of tape through the years made easier by Hudl. NSIC and D2 overall is just a different beast to predict and rank. With that I will be adding any NSIC commits on this thread when I see them. Feel free to add recruits and opinions guys!
    Last edited by tman28; 12-12-2022, 10:26 AM.

Chatfield (MN) Running back/Safety Sam Backer has verbally committed to Mankato (Despite my best efforts to sway him to the Peacocks). He was recently named to the AP 1st all state and is 2nd all time in career yards in the state of Minnesota. Chatfield lost to Barnesville in the state championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
      Chatfield (MN) Running back/Safety Sam Backer has verbally committed to Mankato (Despite my best efforts to sway him to the Peacocks). He was recently named to the AP 1st all state and is 2nd all time in career yards in the state of Minnesota. Chatfield lost to Barnesville in the state championship game.
      Good tape. Very good to elite NSIC recruit imo. Very quick and elusive. Loved the quick change of directions .

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13612729/Sam-Backer
      Last edited by tman28; 12-12-2022, 07:55 AM. Reason: Added highlights

Comment

Most Recent Augie commit I can find is Kael Ryan Illinois 5A All-State Safety 6' 200# Fast and eats up space quickly. Played both sides of the ball in High School.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13255881/Kael-Ryan

Comment

I have seen some NSU commits, mostly local kids up to this point. I don't really know much about the recruiting scene but it would appear Coach Schmidt and his staff have been able to get some local targets committed and presumably we will see commitments from other areas in the future.

WR Trenton Peterson - SF Lincoln
          DL Noah Hutmacher - Chamberlain
          WR Collin Fritton - Lincoln NE
          OL Jarrett Theisen - Watertown
          CB Jayden Wiebe - Pierre
          RB Karson Carda - Aberdeen
          DL Brian Johnson - Aberdeen

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            I have seen some NSU commits, mostly local kids up to this point. I don't really know much about the recruiting scene but it would appear Coach Schmidt and his staff have been able to get some local targets committed and presumably we will see commitments from other areas in the future.

CB Jayden Wiebe - Pierre
            The Johnson, Theisen, Hutmacher (has serious room for growth, great wrestler and his brother plays at Nebraska and is a physical monster as is his father). I like the Fritton pick up as well. Good athlete. Saw Peterson play live this year..... very good hands.

Northern is really recruiting well imo. I especially love their transfer players the last few years. They are upper tier.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
              Most Recent Augie commit I can find is Kael Ryan Illinois 5A All-State Safety 6' 200# Fast and eats up space quickly. Played both sides of the ball in High School.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13255881/Kael-Ryan
              Love the size and speed. Wondering if he will play Safety or LB at the college level? Great instincs overall as a player. Loved his running on offense. Broke away from defenders on his runs.

Comment

Four that I've seen. I'm guessing there's more, but this is a starting point

Tate Gaul.........Worthington HS (Minnesota West CC transfer)
                Kellen Wright...West Salem, Wis., HS
                Jaiden Loots....Centennial HS
                Jon Martin.......Celina, Tex., HS

Comment

Ryan Retzer. 6' 3" 285lb OL. Belle Plains, MN Ryan Retzer - Hudl
                  Jackson Adams 6' 2" 190lb WR. Waukee IA Jackson Adams - Hudl
                  Nolan Vils 6' 2" 265lb DL Sauk Rapids WI Nolan Vils - Hudl
                  Elliot Renville 6' 4" 285lb OL Sioux Falls Lincoln Elliott Renville - Hudl
                  Cody Oswald 6' 3" 190lb WR Yankton SD Cody Oswald - HudlJAXON
                  Sam Siegfried 6' 3" 215 WR Sioux Falls Jefferson Sam Siegfried - Hudl
                  Connor Akey 6'4" 270lb DL Wisconsin Rapids WI Connor Akey - Hudl
                  Jaxson Haynes 5' 10" 170lb WR Chandler AZ Jaxon Haynes - Hudl
                  Kael Ryan 6' 0" 200lb S Sterling IL 5A Ist team all-state Kael Ryan - Hudl

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

CB Jayden Wiebe - Pierre

OL Jake Carbajal - Tempe, Arizona 6’2 300
                    DE Gabriel Lindeman - Dell Rapids, South Dakota 6’3 235
                    TE Ben Harrington - Parkers Prairie, Minnesota 6’6 230

Comment

I know Kelly Johnson (WR) and Ashton Sayer (DE) from Alexandria are both committed to Moorhead.

Comment

UMD has 26 commits split pretty evenly from WI and MN, also 1 from IL and 3 from NV. about 85% have some sort of all state mention. looks like another stellar recruiting yr. hope they all sign on Feb1st and don't get poached from D1(FCS or FBC) schools. we had a commit from and all state 2 way player from WI, but he just committed as a PWO to the Badgers

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                          UMD has 26 commits split pretty evenly from WI and MN, also 1 from IL and 3 from NV. about 85% have some sort of all state mention. looks like another stellar recruiting yr. hope they all sign on Feb1st and don't get poached from D1(FCS or FBC) schools. we had a commit from and all state 2 way player from WI, but he just committed as a PWO to the Badgers
                          The number was 27 as of Sunday afternoon, and at least 1 since then.

Comment

Something I was just thinking about....with the coaching change at USF and the Coo hiring Glo, I wonder how much recruiting was affected. While it may not be to the degree of FBS or even FCS, a number of kids choose a school based on the coaches they're playing for.

Comment

Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

The number was 27 as of Sunday afternoon, and at least 1 since then.
                              There should be decent money to pass around this year since Duluth had quite a few 5+ year guys that will be gone and Walljasper being the only QB with playing time left.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X