Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Jack is a record setting WR. Surprised he didn't get a preferred walk on FCS offer to tell you the truth.
    Maybe he did have a PWO opportunity, but felt the D2 scholarship was a better option

Comment

UMary added a 2nd QB to the class

Dakota Perry QB 6'0" 175 Emmett, ID

Comment

UMD has 30 commits, hope we sign them all on Feb. 1st

Comment

A player I wish the Coo had picked up out of Sioux Falls Ogorman. Stud Elite 45 QB Bennett Dennenbring 6'1 205. He has committed to Wayne State....

Older brother Brady plays at Winona State. Brady is taller at 6'5 and is a more technical passer. Bennett reminds me of the current Wayne State QB. Strong arm but has to get better at his reads. Fast athlete running the 40 in the 4.5s. True Dual Threat QB for the NSIC..... 4 star get by Wayne State imo

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1216710...ing/highlights

https://twitter.com/BDannenbring2?s=...-G4uOmo-8UfJnQ

Comment

This big Scandinavian committed so early I missed him. Held offers from USF, MSUM, MSU, UMD, SMSU,NSU and WSU. Will play OT, has a big wingspan.Sawyer Tordsen (@SawyerTordsen) / Twitter

Comment

Seeing some SMSU commitments coming through now. Hopefully they keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                A player I wish the Coo had picked up out of Sioux Falls Ogorman. Stud Elite 45 QB Bennett Dennenbring 6'1 205. He has committed to Wayne State....

Older brother Brady plays at Winona State. Brady is taller at 6'5 and is a more technical passer. Bennett reminds me of the current Wayne State QB. Strong arm but has to get better at his reads. Fast athlete running the 40 in the 4.5s. True Dual Threat QB for the NSIC..... 4 star get by Wayne State imo

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1216710...ing/highlights

https://twitter.com/BDannenbring2?s=...-G4uOmo-8UfJnQ
                Looking through Bennett-Dannenbring twitter account I see no offers from USF or AU. I would have liked him in blue and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                  Seeing some SMSU commitments coming through now. Hopefully they keep coming.
                  I'm trying to keep track, I've got us up to 12. I'm sure there's more but that's what I've found on Twitter so far.

Comment

Really miss the NSIC podcast Witt did weekly. Will there be any episodes during the off-season....coaching changes (hires/fires), recruiting recap, conference scheduling/realignment type topics? Figured recruiting recap was low-hanging fruit.

Comment

Mustangs got a local kid to commit. I was out of the prep scene, so don't know much about Omar Abdi.

Comment

USF flipping some Mankato commits I see. Kid out of Millard in Nebraska and Jack Merkawan. That's a big one for the Coo. Now to flip Dannenbring. Come on coach Glo keep them local!
                        Last edited by tman28; 01-18-2023, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
                          Really miss the NSIC podcast Witt did weekly. Will there be any episodes during the off-season....coaching changes (hires/fires), recruiting recap, conference scheduling/realignment type topics? Figured recruiting recap was low-hanging fruit.
                          I've considered doing one....but frankly, the concrete info for one just isn't there. The scheduling thing is more chatter than firm dates and realignment is just board talk..not reality.

Having 30 recruits a team (rough amount) and 13 teams....unless I'm watching every Hudl video of every kid, it's way more time than it's worth = speculating how good 300 kids will be in a few years. At D2, there isn't the same kinda info out there than you'd see on the D1 recruiting shows....4 star, 3 star, etc. This kinda reporting would be more for a beat writer for an individual team, but at our level there's not a lot of those around.

The conference changes for coaches would be the biggest thing..but so far, there's only been 1 change. Minot seems to be all that remains.

If more concrete information about scheduling occurs, I might revisit the idea....but pretty much none of our columnists post a column again until preseason when it comes to D2. We may still do a few shows with Brandon and I....for national news / topics....but those are kinda one-off things like a coach interview.

Let me say this....I do appreciate the fact that you miss the podcast..I will tell my pod-partner Tom, who's currently doing USF hoops games.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            Let me say this....I do appreciate the fact that you miss the podcast..I will tell my pod-partner Tom, who's currently doing USF hoops games.
                            I miss the banter between you two. The podcast was a good mix of the past weekend games, the predictions, historical comparisons and updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I've considered doing one....but frankly, the concrete info for one just isn't there. The scheduling thing is more chatter than firm dates and realignment is just board talk..not reality.

Having 30 recruits a team (rough amount) and 13 teams....unless I'm watching every Hudl video of every kid, it's way more time than it's worth = speculating how good 300 kids will be in a few years. At D2, there isn't the same kinda info out there than you'd see on the D1 recruiting shows....4 star, 3 star, etc. This kinda reporting would be more for a beat writer for an individual team, but at our level there's not a lot of those around.

The conference changes for coaches would be the biggest thing..but so far, there's only been 1 change. Minot seems to be all that remains.

If more concrete information about scheduling occurs, I might revisit the idea....but pretty much none of our columnists post a column again until preseason when it comes to D2. We may still do a few shows with Brandon and I....for national news / topics....but those are kinda one-off things like a coach interview.

I would also add, I really appreciated the D2Football channel's coach and player interviews, and those could be intriguing around signing day and even heading into spring ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X