Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augustana picks up an excellent QB commit out of Queen creek AZ Eastmark HS. A Phoenix Suburb of 60k. A 3A state championship 13-1 along with being a 3 sport athlete. His father was his HS head coach.

Mack Molander 4.2 gpa. 6' 3" 210lbs. Pass yards 3066 37 Pass tds. 5int. 69% 484 rushing 11 rush tds. 6.7 rush average
    Had plenty of offers including D1 PW0
    Mack Molander (@MackMolander) / Twitter
    Senior Year Highlights - Mack Molander - Mack Molander highlights - Hudl

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I've considered doing one....but frankly, the concrete info for one just isn't there. The scheduling thing is more chatter than firm dates and realignment is just board talk..not reality.

Having 30 recruits a team (rough amount) and 13 teams....unless I'm watching every Hudl video of every kid, it's way more time than it's worth = speculating how good 300 kids will be in a few years. At D2, there isn't the same kinda info out there than you'd see on the D1 recruiting shows....4 star, 3 star, etc. This kinda reporting would be more for a beat writer for an individual team, but at our level there's not a lot of those around.

If more concrete information about scheduling occurs, I might revisit the idea....but pretty much none of our columnists post a column again until preseason when it comes to D2. We may still do a few shows with Brandon and I....for national news / topics....but those are kinda one-off things like a coach interview.

Let me say this....I do appreciate the fact that you miss the podcast..I will tell my pod-partner Tom, who's currently doing USF hoops games.

Yeah thinking about it in those terms, it would be one hell of an undertaking. Take your time getting back, we will keep the board active so you got enough material when it is time to start up again.

I read the "Let me say this..." and heard it in Witt's voice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Augustana picks up an excellent QB commit out of Queen creek AZ Eastmark HS. A Phoenix Suburb of 60k. A 3A state championship 13-1 along with being a 3 sport athlete. His father was his HS head coach.

Mack Molander 4.2 gpa. 6' 3" 210lbs. Pass yards 3066 37 Pass tds. 5int. 69% 484 rushing 11 rush tds. 6.7 rush average
        Had plenty of offers including D1 PW0
        Mack Molander (@MackMolander) / Twitter
        Senior Year Highlights - Mack Molander - Mack Molander highlights - Hudl
        Very good QB commit for Augie. Way more complete QB than Dannenbring imo. Very good arm. Good feet too but maybe not as athlete.....

USF had a QB commit from AZ in October too but I don't know if he's still committed.
        Last edited by tman28; 01-19-2023, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          Mustangs got a local kid to commit. I was out of the prep scene, so don't know much about Omar Abdi.
          Athletic kid. runs and jumps well. Plays basketball too. Not sure if wide receiver or db in college. Played both in HS. Solid recruit. worth a chance as very athetic and great kid. Had a good year as a receiver

Comment

UMary has added a few more the last few days.

Chris Frazier Jr. OL 6'1" 280lbs Omaha, NE
            Travis Biery DL 6'2" 240lbs Sauk Rapids, MN Rice HS

Comment

SMSU got a commit from Pipestone QB Kellen Johnson. Pretty good local get and he can fling it.

Played in the MN All Star game and looked good. If he turns out like Boyer Bauman did, I think we'd be thrilled. I believe he had several NSIC offers, but not sure. Regardless build qb depth and we theoretically have 3 very solid qbs sophomores or younger - which is a must in college football

Comment

Another flip from Northern State to USF. A good one too imo. Elite 45 Olineman Christian Busch 6'5 260. Joins Merkwan as another one from 6 time state champ Pierre to flip commitments.

Christian Busch on Twitter: "Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way and throughout this journey! After much thought I will be continuing my academic and athletic career at the University of Sioux Falls! @JimGlogowski @Coach_RSpringer @USFCooFootball https://t.co/Ko4KTfFyCH" / Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                  SMSU got a commit from Pipestone QB Kellen Johnson. Pretty good local get and he can fling it.

Played in the MN All Star game and looked good. If he turns out like Boyer Bauman did, I think we'd be thrilled. I believe he had several NSIC offers, but not sure. Regardless build qb depth and we theoretically have 3 very solid qbs sophomores or younger - which is a must in college football
                  This one I'm very excited about! Had offers from both Winona State and Sioux Falls (Anderson).

These are the types I'm talking about when I refer to the importance of keeping kids close to home.

Comment

Something else I love to see....signing a workhorse RB from an 8-man program in Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Big kid. 6'5 and can run. Put some weight on too. Nice get for SMSU.

Comment

Flurry of commItments for the Mustangs the past few days...

Comment

Looks like USF poached Christian Busch from NSU. They're fair game until signed. I worry they're after AU commits too.
                          Christian Busch (@CBusch2374) / Twitter

Comment

There were alot of commits yesterday for NSIC schools.

That time of year. New staff at USF has been busy.

UMary added Vegas George DE 6'3" 220lbs out of Bismarck Legacy in Bismarck.

Comment

Originally posted by UMaryFanDad View Post
                              There were alot of commits yesterday for NSIC schools.

That time of year. New staff at USF has been busy.

UMary added Vegas George DE 6'3" 220lbs out of Bismarck Legacy in Bismarck.
                              I would not mind some more transfer portal David Small type signings. If we really want to make some noise Bagnell and staff need to take advantage of the portal. Also find some gems out of NV and AZ like Kittner. Last years WR out of NV had some upside. Really interested in the final signing day release.

Comment

USF gets a D1 transfer from Jacksonville St.

(1) Walker Harris (@walkerharriss) / Twitter

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X