X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    Haven't seen the Warrior list posted here. This is the link:

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...s-to-nlis.aspx

Some intriguing transfers, including two from conference foes.
    Warriors stop being so good lol! The NSIC is going to have to deal with you all. Love your 2 QB pickups. Jackson Flottmeyer at 6'5" 220 is a hulk with an arm. Stenstrom the Transfer from USD looks good on tape as well. More of a dual threat, runs very well.
    Last edited by tman28; 02-03-2023, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
      Haven't seen the Warrior list posted here. This is the link:

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...s-to-nlis.aspx

Some intriguing transfers, including two from conference foes.
      Kaleb Skelly must have misunderstood what "if you can't beat them, join them" meant. Haha

Comment

• Here is some video of the QB that Winona got from USD via the portal..

Moves well..I could see that adding a dimension to the Warriors, just at quick glance here. That said, I could see them playing a few guys again this year..until maybe one guy really asserts themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhsBoCg0Qk&t=1s

https://goyotes.com/sports/football/...tenstrom/11980

Comment

• Karst Hunter has received offers from Midwestern State and Northern, so far
          Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-07-2023, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            Karst Hunter has received offers from Midwestern State and Northern, so far
            Black Hills State as well.

He visited Aberdeen this last weekend. Took some glamour shots here as well, apparently..haha

(I think NSU is the leader in the clubhouse right now....but plenty of D2 squads have immediate QB needs, so there might be more recruiting news of him to come yet)

Karst Hunter
            @karsthunter7
            I have received an offer from Northern State.
            @NSUWolves_FB

7:54 PM · Feb 5, 2023·

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

He visited Aberdeen this last weekend. Took some glamour shots here as well, apparently..haha

(I think NSU is the leader in the clubhouse right now....but plenty of D2 squads have immediate QB needs, so there might be more recruiting news of him to come yet)

Karst Hunter
              @karsthunter7
              I have received an offer from Northern State.
              @NSUWolves_FB

7:54 PM · Feb 5, 2023·
              Those pics are something, haha.

I knew there was a third team but when i browsed the twitter feed I only saw two schools. The BH tweet is gone

Comment

I think the feeling is if he chooses a D2 school, Northern has a very good chance to be the landing spot. I think there has been some FCS interest, but I don't know how much and he hasn't received any offers at that level yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I think the feeling is if he chooses a D2 school, Northern has a very good chance to be the landing spot. I think there has been some FCS interest, but I don't know how much and he hasn't received any offers at that level yet.
                  Karst would be wise to choose NSU. 93 miles from his hometown a better than average chance of starting and great stadium and fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Karst would be wise to choose NSU. 93 miles from his hometown a better than average chance of starting and great stadium and fans.
                    Added West Texas A&M to his offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Added West Texas A&M to his offers.
                      That certainly changes the dynamic

Comment

Here is some video of the QB that Winona got from USD via the portal..

Moves well..I could see that adding a dimension to the Warriors, just at quick glance here. That said, I could see them playing a few guys again this year..until maybe one guy really asserts themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhsBoCg0Qk&t=1s

https://goyotes.com/sports/football/...tenstrom/11980
                        Thanks for posting.

Looks like he does move well. And seems to have the arm strength to make the throws needed in the new Warrior offense. I suspect he comes in and takes the starting job, baring some serious development by a guy currently on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

That certainly changes the dynamic
                          Why would this change the dynamic? I don't know anything about West Texas A&M but aren't they just an average Lone Star team? Don't get me wrong I don't want Karst to come to the NSIC I think he's a helluva player. I just don't get what's the big deal in getting an offer from them?

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Why would this change the dynamic? I don't know anything about West Texas A&M but aren't they just an average Lone Star team? Don't get me wrong I don't want Karst to come to the NSIC I think he's a helluva player. I just don't get what's the big deal in getting an offer from them?
                            Not the average Lonestar team. Let's say the salary of NSIC head coach is around 100,000 to 120,000 or so....at WT it's 250k. Their athletic program is a high performer in D2 sports..and they have toys.

They are the Lonestar program with the most means by far..the single nicest stadium in D2 and a tradition (now 10 years ago) of being a strong program and the expectations there yearly are playoffs. Their last coach was fired for not being able to lead them to the playoffs..and now they were able to get the HC from Nebraska Kearney.

Here is their new stadium..for example..

Comment

Not the average Lonestar team. Let's say the salary of NSIC head coach is around 100,000 to 120,000 or so....at WT it's 250k. Their athletic program is a high performer in D2 sports..and they have toys.

They are the Lonestar program with the most means by far..the single nicest stadium in D2 and a tradition (now 10 years ago) of being a strong program and the expectations there yearly are playoffs. Their last coach was fired for not being able to lead them to the playoffs..and now they were able to get the HC from Nebraska Kearney.

Oh I see! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Their stadium looks awesome. But I’m pretty sure those salary #’s are way off. Their last guy made around 130. They paid their assistants pretty low salaries, that’s why they had a lot of turnover.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X