Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Their stadium looks awesome. But I’m pretty sure those salary #’s are way off. Their last guy made around 130. They paid their assistants pretty low salaries, that’s why they had a lot of turnover.
    The last guy was at $224k in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The last guy was at $224k in 2022.
      Wow, thats a helluva a salary compared to NSIC HC wages, no wonder there is high expectations to win. That is a gorgeous stadium, located near Amarillo TX. Lived close to there as a child.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Well, as someone who lives about 60 miles south of there, I will say that there are definitely pluses and minuses. The stadium is beautiful. Their sports are mostly top-notch. Weather is seasonal with milder winters than NSIC and milder summers than the rest of Texas (all relative). The downside is that the fan base is super harsh, not much support from the Texas A&M system compared to other schools in the same system (see Tarleton), and the stadium sits probably half-empty (if not more) during games. Not sure the administration is committed to the football program.

They have an amazing tradition, but that is all it is. They live off of the past and have win now or you are fired type expectations. So even with the increased pay, if you are an assistant you have very little job security. I have known several players who have gone there and they seem to like the facilities and location, but hate the revolving door of coaches and the fan base negativity.

If you want a good measure of it, just go to the LSC board here and go back to the beginning of the season and read up on how the fan base reacts to things. It is a really good measure of what I hear from most fans, and not just outliers posting on a message board.

***EDIT***In full disclosure, I am a graduate of a LSC school which did not have a football team until about 20 years after I graduated, but felt I needed to be transparent..

Comment

• WPHB, you was not exaggerating about an out of touch fan base. They are demanding and condescending at the same time at WTAM. Read that it was suggested State of TX. funds 27 scholarships, is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            WPHB, you was not exaggerating about an out of touch fan base. They are demanding and condescending at the same time at WTAM. Read that it was suggested State of TX. funds 27 scholarships, is that true?
            Yeah they’ve tried to get scholarships reduced. That alone is proof they didn’t pay Hughes 225k for their HC job. That’d make zero sense, even talking about cutting schollies, yet pay more than some FCS HC’s make.
            Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 02-10-2023, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X