Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

Did Ali just change his mind? Looks like he’s planning to change to Beaver green in Bemidji, according to his Twitter page
    Yes, looked he like gone. Not having a coach..I kinda get it.

This is a big inking by BSU..as he can run people over and get loose too. Interesting.

Comment

with a coaching change I get it.

Not a fan of NSIC schools poaching each others players. Been at least 5-6 other examples. it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        with a coaching change I get it.

Not a fan of NSIC schools poaching each others players. Been at least 5-6 other examples. it is what it is
        When the player enters the portal it's not really poaching at that point....it's the player wanting to leave the school he's at....and then he's essentially a free agent. Now..if the coaches are telling the to jump in the portal so they can pick them up..that's different. But that's the wild west that's been created with the portal. FBS coaches have talked about this quite a bit....the lower/mid FBS programs with a star player, he's probably getting communications of some sort from the better programs to get in the portal so he can then move to the higher level school, etc. It's kinda the unintended consequences that exists with this new system we have.

I'm going to assume there was no tampering here as I've known Coach Bolte for a long while now and he's a very good man and has done great things with their program. FWIW, plenty of USF guys that jumped in the portal are being heavily recruited by rival schools..so, it is what it is..like you stated.

Comment

The transfer portal is definitely the Wild West. There are good, but also bad consequences in this era of college sports and recruiting. Following FBS stuff is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Yes, looked he like gone. Not having a coach..I kinda get it.

This is a big inking by BSU..as he can run people over and get loose too. Interesting.

Dang it. Bemedji just keeps getting better. I saw back in Green so thought Minot. Good get Bemidji

Comment

BSU RB Frye is in the portal

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

When the player enters the portal it's not really poaching at that point....it's the player wanting to leave the school he's at....and then he's essentially a free agent. Now..if the coaches are telling the to jump in the portal so they can pick them up..that's different. But that's the wild west that's been created with the portal. FBS coaches have talked about this quite a bit....the lower/mid FBS programs with a star player, he's probably getting communications of some sort from the better programs to get in the portal so he can then move to the higher level school, etc. It's kinda the unintended consequences that exists with this new system we have.

I'm going to assume there was no tampering here as I've known Coach Bolte for a long while now and he's a very good man and has done great things with their program. FWIW, plenty of USF guys that jumped in the portal are being heavily recruited by rival schools..so, it is what it is..like you stated.
                Agree with your general synopsis on how the portal works and I agree it is the system now in place which has changed everything.

I disagree on tampering. I would suggest it is rampant at every level now all the time.

Not saying there was tampering in this particular case but it is happening everywhere on all levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                  BSU RB Frye is in the portal
                  crazy stuff

Comment

crazy stuff
                    Early in the year he was splitting Carrie’s with another. By the end of the year it was a 3 way split. With that said, I have heard he is hoping for a shot to move up a level, will be interesting to see where he lands

Comment

n it

Agree with your general synopsis on how the portal works and I agree it is the system now in place which has changed everything.

I disagree on tampering. I would suggest it is rampant at every level now all the time.

Not saying there was tampering in this particular case but it is happening everywhere on all levels.
                      When it comes to tampering i would think players would contact their schools of preference to gauge interest before entering the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

When it comes to tampering i would think players would contact their schools of preference to gauge interest before entering the portal.
                        generally agree.

I think a lot of that is happening. I am not sure of the exact rule, but I think the coaches are not supposed to talk to them... in other words, "hey you play for school X already and are on their roster, so I can't comment." of course, we all know that is not how it works. There are hundreds of contacts weekly violating all sorts of rules.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X