Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Out of Conference Games - Scheduled

I'm putting a thread in here for if teams are getting their bye week scheduled..and listing those contests here. There's already a scheduling thread to discuss future stuff..but let's limit this to 2023 OOC discussion. Thanks.
    Last edited by Matt Witwicki; 12-22-2022, 02:40 PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing some new teams. This is a real opportunity for the NSIC. Way overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      I'm putting a threat in here
      Ummmm, do I need to call 911?

Comment

Hope to see WT challenge one of the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
          Ummmm, do I need to call 911?
          Yes....if this goes off-topic, it's a "threat" haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
            Hope to see WT challenge one of the teams.
            I think with NSIC teams all the sudden getting a bye week to schedule an OOC game in 2023..I get no impression any of them are trying to schedule a flight-needed game. I would love to be wrong and see somebody schedule a game like WT..but I really would be surprised.

Comment

I think with NSIC teams all the sudden getting a bye week to schedule an OOC game in 2023..I get no impression any of them are trying to schedule a flight-needed game. I would love to be wrong and see somebody schedule a game like WT..but I really would be surprised.
              Looks like the GLIAC would make the most sense in that scenario.

Too bad the MIAA is in a silo schedule now.

They were fun non-conference games.

Comment

With how last-second it is, do you think more teams will be willing to bite the bullet this year and schedule D3/NAIA?

Comment

Looking at the open dates, I see Bemidji and New Haven could match up for game next season in week 6. Of course there’s travel questions (it would require someone to fly) but the weeks seem to match up. Guessing Matt is right about NSIC teams not wanting to fly, but I know New Haven has been raising lots of money and they might be able to fly to MN.

I would like to see it happen, it would remind me of when New Haven was independent and played anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

With how last-second it is, do you think more teams will be willing to bite the bullet this year and schedule D3/NAIA?
                    There could be some interesting combos if that were a possibility. Especially with Morningside/Northwestern/Jamestown/MIAC.

What about some of the closer PFL teams? Drake/St. Thomas/etc.

Comment

MSU Moorhead tried to go the D3 Route, but it looks like the MIAC Schools may be a tough get for 2023

https://www.inforum.com/sports/colle...-football-game

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                        Looking at the open dates, I see Bemidji and New Haven could match up for game next season in week 6. Of course there’s travel questions (it would require someone to fly) but the weeks seem to match up. Guessing Matt is right about NSIC teams not wanting to fly, but I know New Haven has been raising lots of money and they might be able to fly to MN.

I would like to see it happen, it would remind me of when New Haven was independent and played anywhere.
                        Years ago MSU-Mankato went to New Haven and won. Put it together with some educational sites to see. New Haven may have also played St Cloud that year.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There could be some interesting combos if that were a possibility. Especially with Morningside/Northwestern/Jamestown/MIAC.

What about some of the closer PFL teams? Drake/St. Thomas/etc.
                          St Thomas has connections to Bemidji and Mankato via the CCHA. That would be really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

St Thomas has connections to Bemidji and Mankato via the CCHA. That would be really interesting.
                            Yeah, I'd like to see them play MSU. Their hockey games are starting to become a little bit of a rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post
                              MSU Moorhead tried to go the D3 Route, but it looks like the MIAC Schools may be a tough get for 2023

https://www.inforum.com/sports/colle...-football-game
                              A think this quote from the article describes the thoughts of many coaches around the league..

“We need to find an 11th game,” Laqua said. “The difficulty would be that schedules may have already been set for a portion of time and now we’re just finding out that we need one. I feel a little bit like we’re late to the party trying to find a game.”

The NSIC is yet to set its 2024 football schedule.

“You’re trying to find something that doesn’t put you on a bus for 12 hours,” Laqua added. “You’re trying to find the right setup. I think for us any option is on the table, any level, the right fit and the right match for everybody.”

Given how few D2 openings there are nationally on weeks after the first few, I could see schools looking at D3, NAIA, or maybe even FCS for games..or if things are too difficult, just take their bye week. The Concordia (D3) in Moorhead vs MSUM would make so much sense..it's too bad they couldn't buy out their opponent or something..as that contest would be the biggest on the schedule for both squads.

There might be some games like this for squads that don't involve a D2 opponent..if a rivalry makes sense..or maybe even a $$ game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X