Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Not sure why Kelly Loft hasn't gotten us a game scheduled yet for our open week. He must be on vacation
    UM-Morris won't return his calls.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
      Looking at the open dates on the D2 main page...I'm not sure why MSU hasn't gotten ahold of Saginaw Valley State and scheduled a nice OOC and OOR game!
      That would be a very long bus ride!!!! 11 hours plus

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
        With a week 9 opening for the Coo, I guess I'll enjoy the bye week. Most teams across any division are going to be in the heart of conference play. I know it was 'random' but feels like a missed opportunity for a long awaited OOC game.
        It's hard to tell for sure but I think Ferris State might have an opening that week.

Comment

With a week 9 opening for the Coo, I guess I'll enjoy the bye week. Most teams across any division are going to be in the heart of conference play. I know it was 'random' but feels like a missed opportunity for a long awaited OOC game.
          Frustrating that some have dates listed and some have weeks. Depending what date us what weeks UIndy has an open date.

For those wishing this happened sooner, I'm sure there is a lot going into this. Perhaps some dates changing to arrange for shorter trips, if that's a concern. Maybe a school that wants to play would swap with a school that is fine with a bye. They could be working with other conferences or discussing payment for travel, etc.

Lots to pound out.

Interested to see if Northern schedules or not. I think the firey spirit of coach Schmidt would say "I want to play" but when that bye is the last week of the season I'm not sure that an additional game is going to be needed. You either survived the NSIC and are in position or you are outside looking in.

Sure it could help or hurt SOS but yeah, I am just curious and wouldn't be surprised if they just don't play.

Comment

I mostly follow along here, on this board, but have any of the NSIC squads filled their open dates?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
              I mostly follow along here, on this board, but have any of the NSIC squads filled their open dates?
              Do not understand why the league office didn't think this through and give all the members early weeks off to enhance their odds of finding an O.O.C. opponent. I'd hate to see teams playing a 10 game schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Do not understand why the league office didn't think this through and give all the members early weeks off to enhance their odds of finding an O.O.C. opponent. I'd hate to see teams playing a 10 game schedule.
                With an odd number of teams in a conference, it means that there has to be at least one team that is off each week. NSIC will have 13 team next year so on any given week, 12 will be paying and the thirteenth will have to either have a bye, or play some team out of conference.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I think the league office thought it through. Every sport is affected- not just football.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It's hard to tell for sure but I think Ferris State might have an opening that week.
                    New staff and a lotta new faces likely means this would be a bloodbath but sure, why the heck not. I'd like an even better and more recent national championship barometer of what it'll take for the Coo or any NSIC squad.
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

New staff and a lotta new faces likely means this would be a bloodbath but sure, why the heck not. I'd like an even better and more recent national championship barometer of what it'll take for the Coo or any NSIC squad.
                      Considering it's 800+ miles away, I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see a NSIC team getting a flight to play someone in this bye week..if they NEEDED games, that might be different. Trust me, I'd love to see some bigger travel games like that.

I would be interested to see if anyone finds an FCS opponent...for example, SDSU has an open date W1 and W4. I don't think Winona heads to Brookings, but it would have to be a nice $$ game and obviously Bergy was a Co-DC with the Jacks just a year ago.

Comment

Where are u guys seeing 2023’s football schedules??? On MSU’s website, it is not listed. Maybe someone can help an old guy out!!

GO HORN FROGS

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Considering it's 800+ miles away, I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see a NSIC team getting a flight to play someone in this bye week..if they NEEDED games, that might be different. Trust me, I'd love to see some bigger travel games like that.

I would be interested to see if anyone finds an FCS opponent...for example, SDSU has an open date W1 and W4. I don't think Winona heads to Brookings, but it would have to be a nice $$ game and obviously Bergy was a Co-DC with the Jacks just a year ago.
                          I'm not sure if it would work scheduling wise - but I can think of a handful of SDSU matchups I'd like to see. Augustana, MSU, NSU, even USF.

I think they'd be run-away victories for the Jacks, but still - it would be neat to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
                            Where are u guys seeing 2023’s football schedules??? On MSU’s website, it is not listed. Maybe someone can help an old guy out!!

GO HORN FROGS
                            The schools often don't have their schedule for the next season posted for a while yet..which is frankly counter-productive for other schools trying to get games with the Northern Sun..but SID's are very busy with non-football stuff right now and to plenty that sport isn't on the front burner right now. Every school has their conference schedule as that was made official a month ago. I've vowed not to post it and then spoil their unveiling of it. However, we've posted the open dates (the week each team now has a bye) on our website.
                            https://www.d2football.com/opendates/

**That page is intended to collect open dates that've been provided by the teams themselves. We don't have someone going through 165 schedules checking for out dates..if we are going to be candid here. That page also doesn't list FCS, D3, or NAIA openings.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'm not sure if it would work scheduling wise - but I can think of a handful of SDSU matchups I'd like to see. Augustana, MSU, NSU, even USF.

I think they'd be run-away victories for the Jacks, but still - it would be neat to see.
                              As much as the dork in me would like to see some of those matchups, it would seem a top 30-50 type of D2 team against literally the fire breathing dragon champ of FCS wouldn't be a smart idea for the schools..meaning, other than a payday what good comes from it..and instead you take the air out of your own balloon and risk further injury against a higher level opponent (bigger, faster).

Finding a mid-level or so FCS would seemingly be more of a sweet spot. Maybe a USD, Lindenwood, or other such schools that would test you..get $$..and give you a goal that's not completely unattainable. As noted, the biggest challenge at least for 2023 is the actual open dates themselves. At the same time I'd guess the teams from the middle of the pack to the end would seek out a game they'd feel confident in securing a win..especially if getting W's has been hard to come by....and without Crookston in the league and now UIU....the conference has become more difficult top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

As much as the dork in me would like to see some of those matchups, it would seem a top 30-50 type of D2 team against literally the fire breathing dragon champ of FCS wouldn't be a smart idea for the schools..meaning, other than a payday what good comes from it..and instead you take the air out of your own balloon and risk further injury against a higher level opponent (bigger, faster).

Finding a mid-level or so FCS would seemingly be more of a sweet spot. Maybe a USD, Lindenwood, or other such schools that would test you..get $$..and give you a goal that's not completely unattainable. As noted, the biggest challenge at least for 2023 is the actual open dates themselves. At the same time I'd guess the teams from the middle of the pack to the end would seek out a game they'd feel confident in securing a win..especially if getting W's has been hard to come by....and without Crookston in the league and now UIU....the conference has become more difficult top to bottom.
                                Yeah, totally. It was more of a hypothetical than anything. NSU would get crushed, but it would be interesting to see what the turnout is in the stands. Plus I don't think SDSU is typically too keen on scheduling former NCC foes, especially in basketball but it seems to extend to most sports.

I would totally buzz down to Vermillion to see a game against USD regardless of who the NSIC opponent is. I think if we see FCS opponents though, it's going to be Drake or some school or someone like them against a middle tier. As much as I want to see MSU play an FCS team, there would virtually be no benefit even if they did win - besides the paycheck.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X