Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad the open dates don't match up, otherwise a Northwestern-USF contest would relive those great NAIA grudge-match games of yore.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
      Too bad the open dates don't match up, otherwise a Northwestern-USF contest would relive those great NAIA grudge-match games of yore.
      That would of been hell if a lot if fun. And I believe both teams would have done it.... eh depending on who Northwestern brings back I might have favored them.

Comment

Might have been a better matchup than the Northwestern at Drake game. I'm picking Northwestern in that game.

Comment

Delta state is open week 1

but who has the budget to travel all over?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Might have been a better matchup than the Northwestern at Drake game. I'm picking Northwestern in that game.
            You think Mankato could beat Drake in most years? I do but think it would be close. Now the question is could MSU being the top football school in the NSIC beat San Diego (the top non scholorship d 1) every year. Who would win more?

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

You think Mankato could beat Drake in most years? I do but think it would be close. Now the question is could MSU being the top football school in the NSIC beat San Diego (the top non scholorship d 1) every year. Who would win more?
              Year after year, USD. I was in Fargo to see the Bison playoff win over San Diego. They actually gave them a much better game than Albany and Mississippi Valley State, who I saw in the regular season, did. San Diego has a lot of recruiting advantage. Drake would be pretty close, I wouldn't be intimidated by them. Look how fast St Thomas has risen up in the Pioneer.

Comment

I coulda pulled out my Red Raider Hater shirt.
                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                2016 NSIC Champions
                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

I'll take Mankato in that matchup (USD). I just haven't been impressed with that league, while being FCS. They've had their moments but seldom win a playoff game. Massey has the Mavs by a touchdown as well..and Mavs teams of the past were even better. Drake is a spot down from San Diego. Not that it matters..as I don't see the NSIC playing against that league. I think St Thomas will be running that league shortly.

So who's the Duluth opponent..? I'm guessing one of the far north GLIAC teams, given the close distance up there from Duluth.

Comment

Hearing SMSU has a game lined up for the bye week but things needs to be finalized. Hopefully it works out. Good opponent if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I'll take Mankato in that matchup (USD). I just haven't been impressed with that league, while being FCS. They've had their moments but seldom win a playoff game. Massey has the Mavs by a touchdown as well..and Mavs teams of the past were even better. Drake is a spot down from San Diego. Not that it matters..as I don't see the NSIC playing against that league. I think St Thomas will be running that league shortly.

So who's the Duluth opponent..? I'm guessing one of the far north GLIAC teams, given the close distance up there from Duluth.
                      IMO, St. Thomas will be running that league, and on the way to another league.

As for the Duluth non conference game, I'm hoping it's a multi year home and home as you are guessing as drives to those games would be more attractive than many alternatives!
                      Last edited by WBChargerDad; 01-17-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

As for the Duluth non conference game, I'm hoping it's a multi year home and home as you are guessing as drives to those games would be more attractive than many alternatives!
                        100% Understand wanting to lock in to home and home agreements. Guarantees you have your bye week filled. And maybe the NSIC has already determined that all teams will keep the same bye weeks/schedule for two years. If that the case so be it.
                        But if I am one of the teams with the bye in week’s 9 or 10 and the likely hood of me filling that bye, at that point in the season, is not good—- I think I would be screaming screw us one time not two years in a row.

Comment

I think it was mentioned here earlier....Wayne vs Missouri S&T (GLVC) in Week 4. Confirmed. (two years ideally, but 2024 is a wildcard yet since teams won't know their bye weeks as the scheduling format hasn't been completed and I wouldn't expect teams to have their same bye weeks as more than half the league is getting a crappy one for 2023, etc)

Assuming UMD is one of the Northern Michigan schools..but haven't seen anything official.

What else we got here folks....legit or rumor for games..?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            I think it was mentioned here earlier....Wayne vs Missouri S&T (GLVC) in Week 4. Confirmed. (two years ideally, but 2024 is a wildcard yet since teams won't know their bye weeks as the scheduling format hasn't been completed and I wouldn't expect teams to have their same bye weeks as more than half the league is getting a crappy one for 2023, etc)

Assuming UMD is one of the Northern Michigan schools..but haven't seen anything official.

What else we got here folks....legit or rumor for games..?
                            MrMustang shared one for SMSU. Heard in another thread it could be Wayne State U.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

MrMustang shared one for SMSU. Heard in another thread it could be Wayne State U.
                              Wayne State (MI)'s schedule shows them playing NAIA Concordia (MI) that week.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Wayne State (MI)'s schedule shows them playing NAIA Concordia (MI) that week.
                                Dang, was kinda hoping for that matchup. Always wanted to go to Detroit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X