Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

There is still room near the football stadium which I've been told will be an indoor practice facility, but later was told baseball stadium, so who knows. Along with that, I have bee. Told in the past that the NSU foundation owns a lot of property around campus and just rents it out. This allows for a revenue stream until more expansion is needed.

I think the next hope for room is if Aberdeen builds a new elementary towards the new high school ever, then the one right next to campus would come done and Northern would buy the lot. Campus has become fairly good size now but is land locked for the mean time. I don't see any way or reason Northern would want or need any of the property up from PC. If they had plans of outdoor track and baseball, then maybe I could see some of the land but that doesn't seem logical at this time.

someone will convert both dorms into apartments, no idea about the bubble and turf. I very much think they should look into a two year school but that also seems unlikely.
    I wonder if the bubble could be taken down and sold to help the Sisters with any debt they have accumulated..

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I wonder if the bubble could be taken down and sold to help the Sisters with any debt they have accumulated..
      The sisters will be just fine, it's the college. They sell off things for sure and maybe parcel off some land if needed for the two dorms. The main structure will stay unless they move out of there into something else. It's a very sad deal

Comment

• Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

100% Understand wanting to lock in to home and home agreements. Guarantees you have your bye week filled. And maybe the NSIC has already determined that all teams will keep the same bye weeks/schedule for two years. If that the case so be it.
        But if I am one of the teams with the bye in week’s 9 or 10 and the likely hood of me filling that bye, at that point in the season, is not good—- I think I would be screaming screw us one time not two years in a row.
        I agree…the reasons to have the schedule for a couple of years makes sense, but I don’t see that happening due to the open weeks stretching so far into the season. If some schools have a good opportunity to schedule back to back non conference games while other schools might not find one, I think that will be a huge issue. I think teams won’t like it this year, but the sudden departure of UIU left everyone scrambling. Hopefully going forward they can adjust things

Comment

• Found this on FootballScoop if someone wants to travel

West Alabama (D-II): The University of West Alabama is looking for opponents for 2023 week 1 (9/2) and week 8 (10/21) with 2024 dates open week 2 and week 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            Found this on FootballScoop if someone wants to travel

West Alabama (D-II): The University of West Alabama is looking for opponents for 2023 week 1 (9/2) and week 8 (10/21) with 2024 dates open week 2 and week 10.
            Week 8? That's unexpected for the GSC... unless they've got a scheduling alliance with Chowan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Week 8? That's unexpected for the GSC... unless they've got a scheduling alliance with Chowan?
              Week 8 would be too early for the SEC to schedule them- I think they play FCS teams in Week 10...........

Comment

• I’d be disappointed if Upper Iowa schedules a NSIC team for a non conference game. This is an opportunity for Upper Iowa to build excitement around the program by playing teams we have never played before and if you schedule an NSIC team it just feels like “oh, we’re playing them again.” Also, speaking for the NSIC teams, you finally have the opportunity to play a non conference game and you schedule a team that was in the conference last year? That would be disappointing. However, I do understand the short time to schedule and logistics so I would get it if they did play, but disappointed nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
                  I’d be disappointed if Upper Iowa schedules a NSIC team for a non conference game. This is an opportunity for Upper Iowa to build excitement around the program by playing teams we have never played before and if you schedule an NSIC team it just feels like “oh, we’re playing them again.” Also, speaking for the NSIC teams, you finally have the opportunity to play a non conference game and you schedule a team that was in the conference last year? That would be disappointing. However, I do understand the short time to schedule and logistics so I would get it if they did play, but disappointed nonetheless.
                  I wish SMSU would just play Upper Iowa in NC every year. Has been a fun rivalry with lots of great games. Not too far away and the home and home would work well . And we played then the 2 years before they joined the NSIC in NC games so it would make sense to start that up again .

But alas that won't work given when our bye week is. Has it been week 1, I bet it would have been a great fit

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
                    I’d be disappointed if Upper Iowa schedules a NSIC team for a non conference game. This is an opportunity for Upper Iowa to build excitement around the program by playing teams we have never played before and if you schedule an NSIC team it just feels like “oh, we’re playing them again.” Also, speaking for the NSIC teams, you finally have the opportunity to play a non conference game and you schedule a team that was in the conference last year? That would be disappointing. However, I do understand the short time to schedule and logistics so I would get it if they did play, but disappointed nonetheless.
                    Never underestimate the power of an OOC game no matter who it is against. lol

Comment

• Winona State playing at Saginaw Valley State Aug 31st.

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ley-state.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
                        Winona State playing at Saginaw Valley State Aug 31st.

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ley-state.aspx
                        Would this be a Week 0 game? I think that is the best solution for NSIC teams this year especially. We can start a week earlier and take a bye week later in the year. I like this idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Would this be a Week 0 game? I think that is the best solution for NSIC teams this year especially. We can start a week earlier and take a bye week later in the year. I like this idea.
                          It is Week 1.

Smart of them to go with a Thursday game, given the extra travel

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

That's not an option in D2. This is Thursday of Week 1.

Comment

• Lincoln U is going to the GLVC from the MIAA, which leaves that league with an uneven number of teams. Maybe the NSIC can find some games with the MIAA.

Comment

• We're going to Valpo!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X