This is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      We're going to Valpo!
      Leading off with a bang!

Guess I'll book a flight...

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
        Looking at the open dates on the D2 main page...I'm not sure why MSU hasn't gotten ahold of Saginaw Valley State and scheduled a nice OOC and OOR game!
        Well, week 1 is taken with Winona, but I wonder if week 7 is still open?

Saginaw Valley - GLIAC
        SR3
        Week 1
        Week 7

Comment

• Good news for some NSIC members

From Matt W

With Lincoln leaving the MIAA and having that begin for the 2023 football season this opens up that conference just like the NSIC..in similar fashion. I would expect to then see games between the NSIC and the MIAA in-season. Certainly some NSIC teams have already found games.

Comment

• Per the MIAA and GLVC releases, Lincoln will remain in the MIAA for the 2023 season and transition following the season. Because of that information, the MIAA schools won’t have an open date for the 2023 season.

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
            Good news for some NSIC members

From Matt W

With Lincoln leaving the MIAA and having that begin for the 2023 football season this opens up that conference just like the NSIC..in similar fashion. I would expect to then see games between the NSIC and the MIAA in-season. Certainly some NSIC teams have already found games.

Comment

• https://fbschedules.com/montana-adds...ball-schedule/

Ferris State is getting 175,000 to play Montana next fall. Should be a great watch. Wouldn't mind seeing some NSIC teams taking this road. Would be a cool watch.

Comment

• Some news yesterday..

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ley-state.aspx

https://smsumustangs.com/news/2023/1...alparaiso.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
                  Per the MIAA and GLVC releases, Lincoln will remain in the MIAA for the 2023 season and transition following the season. Because of that information, the MIAA schools won’t have an open date for the 2023 season.

Tom Rackers
                  @tjrackers
                  Lincoln will not play an MIAA football schedule this fall. May still play MIAA schools, but as a non-conference game.
                  -Tom

Keep in mind the 2024 school year will mean the 2023 football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
                    https://fbschedules.com/montana-adds...ball-schedule/

Ferris State is getting 175,000 to play Montana next fall. Should be a great watch. Wouldn't mind seeing some NSIC teams taking this road. Would be a cool watch.
                    Good for Ferris. Is there a list of D1 open dates? Awhile back I tried searching for that and NAIA but it seems here in the d2football site was the only one with info. I may have not looked hard enough though.

Comment

• Inkblot compiled the list for MIAA, I just added the NSIC to put it together.

Week 1: Emporia State
                      Week 2: Missouri Western
                      Week 3: Washburn, MSU-Moorhead
                      Week 4: Northwest Missouri State
                      Week 5: Fort Hays State
                      Week 6: Northeastern State, Bemidji State
                      Week 7: Central Oklahoma, MSU-Mankato
                      Week 8: Missouri Southern, U-Mary
                      Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney, Minot State
                      Week 11: Central Missouri, Northern State

Found games:
                      Week 1: Minnesota-Duluth vs. Northern Michigan
                      Week 1:Winona vs. Saginaw Valley
                      ​​​​​​Week 1: Concodia vs Upper Iowa
                      ​​​​Week 2: Augustana vs. Chadron
                      Week 4: Wayne State vs. Missouri S&T
                      Week 5: Southwest vs. Valparaiso
                      Week 9: USF vs. Pittsburg State

Feel free to copy and paste this either with other D2 openings or just update as schools find games. I'll update this as we go
                      Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-30-2023, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        Inkblot compiled the list for MIAA, I just added the NSIC to put it together.

Week 1: Emporia State, Concordia-St Paul
                        Week 2: Missouri Western, Augustana
                        Week 3: Washburn, MSU-Moorhead
                        Week 4: Northwest Missouri State, Wayne
                        Week 5: Fort Hays State
                        Week 6: Northeastern State, Bemidji State
                        Week 7: Central Oklahoma, MSU-Mankato
                        Week 8: Missouri Southern, U-Mary
                        Week 9: Pittsburg State, Sioux Falls
                        Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney, Minot State
                        Week 11: Central Missouri, Northern State

Found games:
                        Week 1: Minnesota-Duluth vs. Northern Michigan
                        Week 1:Winona vs. Saginaw Valley
                        Week 5: Southwest vs. Valparaiso

free to copy and paste this either with other D2 openings or just update as schools find games.
                        Thanks for this and thanks Witt for the Winona and SMSU schedules, good for Underwood and SMSU, that game against Valpo will be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          We're going to Valpo!
                          Congratulations you found a crappy non-scholarship FCS team to play that you should have a chance to win against! I get at this point we are all going to take who we can get to play this year but I would love to see more inter-regional games throughout all of D2.

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen where CSP was playing Upper Iowa and Wayne was playing Missouri S&T.

I'm really curious to see if NSU wants a week 11 game or not. I would think they do and would try to get another home game. Central Missouri come on up, the weather in mid November can sometimes be nice here...

Comment

• USF vs. Pitt... Heck yea, let's do it.

Thought this could be a potential PO matchup last fall until USF decided they didn't want any PO matchups.
                              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                                I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen where CSP was playing Upper Iowa and Wayne was playing Missouri S&T.

I'm really curious to see if NSU wants a week 11 game or not. I would think they do and would try to get another home game. Central Missouri come on up, the weather in mid November can sometimes be nice here...
                                If someone can confirm those games I can update that list. Maybe later I'll add in all the D2 open dates but with MIAA membership change, just seemed more likely for match-ups.

Yes, very curious to see what the Wolves do. Little late but could be a nice last minute recruiting pitch to schedule a big time match-up and/or somewhere down south where they can run free.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X