Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes the departure of Lincoln was a welcome move by both parties involved. Having Lincoln leave the MIAA hopefully brings the end of the damn SILO scheduling (only the GAC remains).

When no SILO scheduling is a part of the MIAA, that definitely opens up future games with the NSIC. I would assume GLVC, RMAC and possible LSC games will be in order as well. Not sure if the GLIAC or MIAA will hook-up much due to travel? Of course GAC would make sense for the MIAA but still they will be SILO in the present.

Nonetheless it’s just going to be exciting when time comes to actually being able to play nonconference football games again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Congratulations you found a crappy non-scholarship FCS team to play that you should have a chance to win against! I get at this point we are all going to take who we can get to play this year but I would love to see more inter-regional games throughout all of D2.
      I'd rather watch against an FCS team, a good one or not. Maybe not every year, but I go out of my way to see us play D1 games regardless of the sport. Will make for a fun little vacation for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Congratulations you found a crappy non-scholarship FCS team to play that you should have a chance to win against! I get at this point we are all going to take who we can get to play this year but I would love to see more inter-regional games throughout all of D2.
        I'm not sure why throw shade at SMSU for scheduling them..they are a level up FWIW..and were 5-7 last year, not like they were an 0-11 team or something. I mean, finding a Week 5 opponent on short notice is a task and I think it's an interesting game for the Mustangs an hour east of the Chicago market. Keep in mind, this MIAA thing just now opened up..otherwise there was no W5 opponents open except for Wayne State MI..had 1 win..and didn't even have a coach, etc....and Valpo is closer yet.

I like the Valpo game..let's see some games against FCS as well..sure.

Here was Valpo last year..
        https://www.valpoathletics.com/football/schedule/

Comment

• Oh my.. I just realized clicking on that link how much of a brown and gold clash this will be. An assault to the eyes. May need to call up Wyoming as well.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Week 1 = CSP vs UIU..had seen/heard that here or somewhere.

Week 4 = Wayne State vs Missouri S/T....thought that was the word a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I'm not sure why throw shade at SMSU for scheduling them..they are a level up FWIW..and were 5-7 last year, not like they were an 0-11 team or something. I mean, finding a Week 5 opponent on short notice is a task and I think it's an interesting game for the Mustangs an hour east of the Chicago market. Keep in mind, this MIAA thing just now opened up..otherwise there was no W5 opponents open except for Wayne State MI..had 1 win..and didn't even have a coach, etc....and Valpo is closer yet.

Here was Valpo last year..
              https://www.valpoathletics.com/football/schedule/
              Well said. Valpo is a great game for us, not sure why the shade.

I was half-expecting some NAIA team I'd never heard of just to keep us at 11 games, so this is pretty cool.

Comment

• On the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches Huddle last night, the BSU AD mentioned that with Presentation College folding up shop, that has opened up some NAIA possibilities.
                Millsy

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                  On the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches Huddle last night, the BSU AD mentioned that with Presentation College folding up shop, that has opened up some NAIA possibilities.
                  For sure. All North Star should have an open date, some will have two as I believe some in the league played eachother twice each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    Keep in mind, this MIAA thing just now opened up..otherwise there was no W5 opponents open except for Wayne State MI..had 1 win..and didn't even have a coach, etc....and Valpo is closer yet.

Fun note: the drive from Marshall to Valparaso is 106 miles shorter than the drive from Minot to Fayette!

Comment

• I was always semi-hopeful that FCS would be a possibility for us. In his SCSU days (a school with budgeting issues, mind you), Underwood traveled to FCS UND and Maine plus a road trip to D2 California (PA) for games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                        Oh my.. I just realized clicking on that link how much of a brown and gold clash this will be. An assault to the eyes. May need to call up Wyoming as well.
                        Invite the D3 Rowan Profs to the party- they are brown and gold too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                          On the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches Huddle last night, the BSU AD mentioned that with Presentation College folding up shop, that has opened up some NAIA possibilities.
                          Grand Valley is open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Grand Valley is open.
                            Thanks B.. GVSU only has week 4 open today. Kentucky State got week 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I'm really curious to see if NSU wants a week 11 game or not. I would think they do and would try to get another home game. Central Missouri come on up, the weather in mid November can sometimes be nice here...
                              We traveled down to Central Missouri for a scrimmage in the Spring of '21. They kind of owe us 😬

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Fun note: the drive from Marshall to Valparaso is 106 miles shorter than the drive from Minot to Fayette!
                                This trip seems to come up a lot in mentioning how far things are. I looked it up and these 2 teams have each made that trip 3 times in the past 10 seasons. Sure, that is not a trip you want to make every year, but I think some of the travel concerns over spreading out the conference, and more relevant here, for nonconference games is a little overblown.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X