Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unknown View Post

We traveled down to Central Missouri for a scrimmage in the Spring of '21. They kind of owe us 😬
    It would work out. They should have been on the road at Lincoln. The only difference is obviously the distance of travel and the cost.

1:35 versus 8:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It would work out. They should have been on the road at Lincoln. The only difference is obviously the distance of travel and the cost.

1:35 versus 8:58.
      Augustana went down UCM in the 90's and the MIAA refs made sure we lost in a close game. It was an early season game in a hot humid night. Yeah they owe us a trip to Sioux Falls.

Comment

• Augie heading to Chadron this fall and then hosting Chadron in 2024.

https://goaugie.com/news/2023/1/30/a...-and-2024.aspx

Comment

• They made it happen... USF at Pitt State Oct. 28

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• I would highly recommend making the trip and experiencing a game there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
              They made it happen... USF at Pitt State Oct. 28

Wow- that is a great matchup. Should be a fun road trip for Coo fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                Augie heading to Chadron this fall and then hosting Chadron in 2024.

https://goaugie.com/news/2023/1/30/a...-and-2024.aspx
                Evidently the NSIC plans on this to be a two year schedule for byes. Good matchup with Chadron.

Comment

• *Updated*

Inkblot compiled the list for MIAA, I just added the NSIC to put it together.

Week 1: Emporia State
                  Week 2: Missouri Western
                  Week 3: Washburn, MSU-Moorhead
                  Week 4: Northwest Missouri State
                  Week 5: Fort Hays State
                  Week 6: Northeastern State, Bemidji State
                  Week 7: Central Oklahoma, MSU-Mankato
                  Week 8: Missouri Southern, U-Mary
                  Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney
                  Week 11: Central Missouri, Northern State

Found games:
                  Week 1: Minnesota-Duluth vs. Northern Michigan
                  Week 1:Winona vs. Saginaw Valley
                  ​​​​​​Week 1: Concordia vs Upper Iowa
                  ​​​​Week 2: Augustana vs. Chadron
                  Week 4: Wayne State vs. Missouri S&T
                  Week 5: Southwest vs. Valparaiso
                  Week 9: USF vs. Pittsburg State
                  Week 10: Minot vs. Michigan Tech

Feel free to copy and paste this either with other D2 openings or just update as schools find games. I'll update this as we go
                  Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-06-2023, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• I found the Pitt State writeup interesting....the quotes and motivation for the matchup etc.

https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...ming-game.aspx

As for the year to year deal with scheduling, there's a meeting this week about that topic (2024)....and the impression that I was getting was that they might keep the open dates the same for 2023 and 2024 = not real fair to those with dates after about W4....but most scheduling is wanting a 2 year agreement....so there's some thing in-play there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      I found the Pitt State writeup interesting....the quotes and motivation for the matchup etc.

As for the year to year deal with scheduling, there's a meeting this week about that topic (2024)....and the impression that I was getting was that they might keep the open dates the same for 2023 and 2024 = not real fair to those with dates after about W4....but most scheduling is wanting a 2 year agreement....so there's some thing in-play there.
                      This is an interesting quote:

Lincoln's future departure makes all contests between MIAA schools and the Blue Tigers in 2023 non-conference games. It also opened the door for MIAA schools, with mutual consent from Lincoln, to drop the Blue Tigers in 2023 in favor of seeking alternate opponents.
                      That implies that the Lincoln games remain by default. I noticed this morning that Northeastern State's schedule still shows Lincoln but doesn't mark it as a conference game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        I would highly recommend making the trip and experiencing a game there.
                        No thanks. I personally never want anything to do with Pitt after 2013 happened...

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

That implies that the Lincoln games remain by default. I noticed this morning that Northeastern State's schedule still shows Lincoln but doesn't mark it as a conference game.
                          I think that is a good way to do it so late in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Lincoln is the only team NSU can compete against. I assume the 2 will play when possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              I found the Pitt State writeup interesting....the quotes and motivation for the matchup etc.

I get it for trying to schedule home and home, but this really sucks for half the conference. They could try to do a "home and home" with NSIC teams, but have it be a different team in 2023 and 2024 but that would not be fair to any NSIC team that goes on the road in 2023 either. There aren't really any good options and I'm guessing the clock is ticking until the conferences are balanced back out and we return to the silo scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

No thanks. I personally never want anything to do with Pitt after 2013 happened...
                                Ha Ha Ha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X