Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    Minot State is traveling to Michigan Tech in Week 10. https://michigantechhuskies.com/spor...20230206jp49t6
    Wow, they found one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Wow, they found one!
      Good for the Beavers. Coach Ian Shields has his work cut out for him. He has only 2 coaches and graduate asst. on staff and missed a recruiting cycle. I wish him good fortune in trying to grow MSU into competitive program. They have a great stadium and a nice community of near 50k population.

Comment

• *updated*

Inkblot compiled the list for MIAA, I just added the NSIC to put it together.

Week 1: Emporia State
        Week 2: Missouri Western
        Week 3: Washburn, MSU-Moorhead
        Week 4: Northwest Missouri State
        Week 5: Fort Hays State
        Week 6: Northeastern State, Bemidji State
        Week 7: Central Oklahoma, MSU-Mankato
        Week 8: Missouri Southern, U-Mary
        Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney
        Week 11: Central Missouri, Northern State

Found games:
        Week 1: Minnesota-Duluth vs. Northern Michigan
        Week 1:Winona vs. Saginaw Valley
        ​​​​​​Week 1: Concordia vs Upper Iowa
        ​​​​Week 2: Augustana vs. Chadron
        Week 4: Wayne State vs. Missouri S&T
        Week 5: Southwest vs. Valparaiso
        Week 9: USF vs. Pittsburg State
        Week 10: Minot vs. Michigan Tech

Comment

• Everything released so far, matches up with what I was told about the Bemidji State schedule. They are still trying to fill the open date

Comment

• It appears that Northern Michigan is in need of a game for week 11, if Northern State can't get Central Missouri to bite

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
              It appears that Northern Michigan is in need of a game for week 11, if Northern State can't get Central Missouri to bite
              The challenge with UCM vs Northern is likely just a 1 year deal....as the MIAA will be gearing up for a 2024 and 2025 schedule model and seemingly won't have the identical bye weeks as 2023. This will make scheduling with the NSIC all the harder as the NSIC is doing 2023 and 2024 (per what I've heard from the meeting in the last few weeks)....and with teams wanting a 2 year home/away setup with a non-con opponent, those games between the NSIC vs MIAA will be harder to make happen.

Northern has almost no options in that W11 spot..so I'd expect them to do Northern Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The challenge with UCM vs Northern is likely just a 1 year deal....as the MIAA will be gearing up for a 2024 and 2025 schedule model and seemingly won't have the identical bye weeks as 2023. This will make scheduling with the NSIC all the harder as the NSIC is doing 2023 and 2024 (per what I've heard from the meeting in the last few weeks)....and with teams wanting a 2 year home/away setup with a non-con opponent, those games between the NSIC vs MIAA will be harder to make happen.

Northern has almost no options in that W11 spot..so I'd expect them to do Northern Michigan.
                At least that game would be indoors for the last week of the season.

Comment

• One less D2 schedule opportunity is gone. South Dakota State will entertain Western Oregon on September 2. I might go to that just to cross another team off of my list- or is it to add another team to my list. Glass half empty or half full?

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

At least that game would be indoors for the last week of the season.
                    Well, that made me do a Google search...oof. What in the world is that thing? Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Well, that made me do a Google search...oof. What in the world is that thing? Haha
                      The Superior Dome. In 2011 I missed out on watching MSU play there to open the season because we had a workshop day (Thursday) before school started. Instead I went to watch Washburn beat USF who hadn't come into the NSIC yet. Too bad that I wasn't able to go.

Superior Dome - Wikipedia

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

FWIW... it's wooden. I think I've read that it's the largest wooden dome.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

The Superior Dome. In 2011 I missed out on watching MSU play there to open the season because we had a workshop day (Thursday) before school started. Instead I went to watch Washburn beat USF who hadn't come into the NSIC yet. Too bad that I wasn't able to go.

Superior Dome - Wikipedia
                          I rode my motorcycle right by that thing in 2009.

Comment

• I understand what it is, and of course I'm being a tad sparky in my comment. It looks like something some Swedes built to keep the village warm. The history and being the biggest wooden dome is cool, don't get the wrong because I love history. But, that thing is as good for football as the Corn Palace for hoops. Unusual, but awful. (This from pictures and not actually being at the Superior Dome). I have been to the Corn Palace and that is jot great for hoops at all. Unique, yes.

That said, i just dont like football in dome in general. Just my opinion though

Comment

• In case anyone was wondering what the Superior Dome looked like in plaid - here you go:

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                                In case anyone was wondering what the Superior Dome looked like in plaid - here you go:

No...way...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X