X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Millsy View Post
    On the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches Huddle last night, the BSU AD mentioned that with Presentation College folding up shop, that has opened up some NAIA possibilities.
    For sure. All North Star should have an open date, some will have two as I believe some in the league played eachother twice each year.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    On the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches Huddle last night, the BSU AD mentioned that with Presentation College folding up shop, that has opened up some NAIA possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I'm not sure why throw shade at SMSU for scheduling them..they are a level up FWIW..and were 5-7 last year, not like they were an 0-11 team or something. I mean, finding a Week 5 opponent on short notice is a task and I think it's an interesting game for the Mustangs an hour east of the Chicago market. Keep in mind, this MIAA thing just now opened up..otherwise there was no W5 opponents open except for Wayne State MI..had 1 win..and didn't even have a coach, etc....and Valpo is closer yet.

I like the Valpo game..let's see some games against FCS as well..sure.

Here was Valpo last year..
    https://www.valpoathletics.com/football/schedule/
    Well said. Valpo is a great game for us, not sure why the shade.

I was half-expecting some NAIA team I'd never heard of just to keep us at 11 games, so this is pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Week 1 = CSP vs UIU..had seen/heard that here or somewhere.

Week 4 = Wayne State vs Missouri S/T....thought that was the word a few weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    Oh my.. I just realized clicking on that link how much of a brown and gold clash this will be. An assault to the eyes. May need to call up Wyoming as well.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Congratulations you found a crappy non-scholarship FCS team to play that you should have a chance to win against! I get at this point we are all going to take who we can get to play this year but I would love to see more inter-regional games throughout all of D2.
    I'm not sure why throw shade at SMSU for scheduling them..they are a level up FWIW..and were 5-7 last year, not like they were an 0-11 team or something. I mean, finding a Week 5 opponent on short notice is a task and I think it's an interesting game for the Mustangs an hour east of the Chicago market. Keep in mind, this MIAA thing just now opened up..otherwise there was no W5 opponents open except for Wayne State MI..had 1 win..and didn't even have a coach, etc....and Valpo is closer yet.

I like the Valpo game..let's see some games against FCS as well..sure.

Here was Valpo last year..
    https://www.valpoathletics.com/football/schedule/

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Congratulations you found a crappy non-scholarship FCS team to play that you should have a chance to win against! I get at this point we are all going to take who we can get to play this year but I would love to see more inter-regional games throughout all of D2.
    I'd rather watch against an FCS team, a good one or not. Maybe not every year, but I go out of my way to see us play D1 games regardless of the sport. Will make for a fun little vacation for me.

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    Yes the departure of Lincoln was a welcome move by both parties involved. Having Lincoln leave the MIAA hopefully brings the end of the damn SILO scheduling (only the GAC remains).

When no SILO scheduling is a part of the MIAA, that definitely opens up future games with the NSIC. I would assume GLVC, RMAC and possible LSC games will be in order as well. Not sure if the GLIAC or MIAA will hook-up much due to travel? Of course GAC would make sense for the MIAA but still they will be SILO in the present.

Nonetheless it’s just going to be exciting when time comes to actually being able to play nonconference football games again.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen where CSP was playing Upper Iowa and Wayne was playing Missouri S&T.

I'm really curious to see if NSU wants a week 11 game or not. I would think they do and would try to get another home game. Central Missouri come on up, the weather in mid November can sometimes be nice here...
    If someone can confirm those games I can update that list. Maybe later I'll add in all the D2 open dates but with MIAA membership change, just seemed more likely for match-ups.

Yes, very curious to see what the Wolves do. Little late but could be a nice last minute recruiting pitch to schedule a big time match-up and/or somewhere down south where they can run free.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    USF vs. Pitt... Heck yea, let's do it.

Thought this could be a potential PO matchup last fall until USF decided they didn't want any PO matchups.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen where CSP was playing Upper Iowa and Wayne was playing Missouri S&T.

I'm really curious to see if NSU wants a week 11 game or not. I would think they do and would try to get another home game. Central Missouri come on up, the weather in mid November can sometimes be nice here...

Leave a comment:

• AU guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    We're going to Valpo!

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Inkblot compiled the list for MIAA, I just added the NSIC to put it together.

Week 1: Emporia State, Concordia-St Paul
    Week 2: Missouri Western, Augustana
    Week 3: Washburn, MSU-Moorhead
    Week 4: Northwest Missouri State, Wayne
    Week 5: Fort Hays State
    Week 6: Northeastern State, Bemidji State
    Week 7: Central Oklahoma, MSU-Mankato
    Week 8: Missouri Southern, U-Mary
    Week 9: Pittsburg State, Sioux Falls
    Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney, Minot State
    Week 11: Central Missouri, Northern State

Found games:
    Week 1: Minnesota-Duluth vs. Northern Michigan
    Week 1:Winona vs. Saginaw Valley
    Week 5: Southwest vs. Valparaiso

free to copy and paste this either with other D2 openings or just update as schools find games.
    Thanks for this and thanks Witt for the Winona and SMSU schedules, good for Underwood and SMSU, that game against Valpo will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Inkblot compiled the list for MIAA, I just added the NSIC to put it together.

Week 1: Emporia State
    Week 2: Missouri Western
    Week 3: Washburn, MSU-Moorhead
    Week 4: Northwest Missouri State
    Week 5: Fort Hays State
    Week 6: Northeastern State, Bemidji State
    Week 7: Central Oklahoma, MSU-Mankato
    Week 8: Missouri Southern, U-Mary
    Week 10: Nebraska–Kearney, Minot State
    Week 11: Central Missouri, Northern State

Found games:
    Week 1: Minnesota-Duluth vs. Northern Michigan
    Week 1:Winona vs. Saginaw Valley
    ​​​​​​Week 1: Concodia vs Upper Iowa
    ​​​​Week 2: Augustana vs. Chadron
    Week 4: Wayne State vs. Missouri S&T
    Week 5: Southwest vs. Valparaiso
    Week 9: USF vs. Pittsburg State

Feel free to copy and paste this either with other D2 openings or just update as schools find games. I'll update this as we go
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-30-2023, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
    https://fbschedules.com/montana-adds...ball-schedule/

Ferris State is getting 175,000 to play Montana next fall. Should be a great watch. Wouldn't mind seeing some NSIC teams taking this road. Would be a cool watch.
    Good for Ferris. Is there a list of D1 open dates? Awhile back I tried searching for that and NAIA but it seems here in the d2football site was the only one with info. I may have not looked hard enough though.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X