Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Bingo ! Despite all the advantages in the world. SDSU in particular. weird when you look back
    I still don't think the current Summit is all that great in basketball either, despite what the locals want to tell me... in men's at least. Women's is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

The NCC seemed to underachieve in men's basketball, yet was the dominant conference for women's basketball. UND & NDSU played ping pong with the national title, SDSU won one and USD was second.
      Still seems to be the case. USD/SDSU dominated the postseason last year for the women in their respective brackets, where as the men's delegate to the dance one-and-done'd in a flop of a game - and they were clearly the best team in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

IMO, NDSU would never be invited into the Big Ten regardless of how good football the is. Their academics are nowhere near on par with the rest of the conference, nor are they a member of the AAU. Nebraska is an unusual case because the AAU kicked them out after they joined the Big 10 for not having a medical school, but I heard they would not have been let in if that happened beforehand. Same issue Iowa State is having, though they withdrew voluntarily.

It's weird some Bison fans think it's a possibility - but to each their own. (Just adding on to your post, not saying you think they will join the B1G)
        Could it be you mistook NDSU fans knowing that NDSU can beat Big 10 teams or saying that they could compete in the Big10 West to thinking NDSU could join the Big 10? I mean, I see a lot of crazy stuff from NDSU fans (and, believe me, I have my finger firmly on that pulse) but only trolls say stuff like "NDSU should join the Big10.)

Apparently, the administration thinks that a football-only conference is preferable and that the AAC is the preferred destination.

One thing is certain: the NIL and transfer portal are demolishing NDSU's program right now so we either change something or accept being a feeder program for the P5 - and that goes against NDSU's entire philosophy of being a developmental program.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Still seems to be the case. USD/SDSU dominated the postseason last year for the women in their respective brackets, where as the men's delegate to the dance one-and-done'd in a flop of a game - and they were clearly the best team in the conference.
          I dunno, Oral Roberts looks pretty tough right now. They made the Sweet 16 in 2021, and they look better this year.

Comment

It appears the NSIC has visited Dakota State and Jamestown.

https://www.newsdakota.com/2023/01/2...erence-member/

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post

I dunno, Oral Roberts looks pretty tough right now. They made the Sweet 16 in 2021, and they look better this year.
              They'll get dumped in the first round by another east coast school nobody has ever heard of before. Their 2021 run was impressive, as was FGCU's back when that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post

Could it be you mistook NDSU fans knowing that NDSU can beat Big 10 teams or saying that they could compete in the Big10 West to thinking NDSU could join the Big 10? I mean, I see a lot of crazy stuff from NDSU fans (and, believe me, I have my finger firmly on that pulse) but only trolls say stuff like "NDSU should join the Big10.)

Apparently, the administration thinks that a football-only conference is preferable and that the AAC is the preferred destination.

One thing is certain: the NIL and transfer portal are demolishing NDSU's program right now so we either change something or accept being a feeder program for the P5 - and that goes against NDSU's entire philosophy of being a developmental program.

I'd have to look, but I think I was responding to someone else making that claim and didn't make it myself - but you could be very right. FWIW, I do think NDSU would compete well in the Big 10 (for football). I was just analyzing the reality of the claim that they could join.

I live in Jacksville, so I totally get the oddness that can come with the *DSU school fanbases. Especially as someone who didn't attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

I hope that is all it is, a visit and not an invitation.

Comment

That's a good find.

Comment

Hope they add both

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

That's a good find.
                        very good find. The loss of Presentation will cause dominos in many possible ways. Dickinson could go out to Montana and Idaho in that league, but that is not a good option for Mayville and Valley City.

Dakota State will probably now look to D2 as the GPAC won't want them as the GPAC is private schools.

Waldorf will end up in the Heart of America with the other Iowa NAIA schhols and Peru State and Missouri schools,

I suppose they could always merge with the Heat of America and keep the Dakota schools too and have a North and South. Peru State won't like that as they would ebd up in the north with more travel

Dakota State has some big plans so I suppose it might work to join the NSIC. Jamestown apparently has smoney and some big plans too, but their enrollement is small. Dakota State has a bigger enrollment.

Bellevue would actually be a good D2 fit except no football, but they have big enrollment and money

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I hope that is all it is, a visit and not an invitation.
                          seems to me the NSIC can do one of 2 things If Augie goes D1 -- much less likely than 2 years ago, they can simply tell Crookston goodbye getting back to 14 teams. Crookston then gets football back and joins the North Star and goes NAIA

Or if Augie does go D1, they can simply keep 14 teams with Crookston.

I am not sure adding Dakota State and Jamestown is the best move to go back to 16 teams but who knows

Comment

[QUOTE=Tech Boys;n735031]It appears the NSIC has visited Dakota State and Jamestown.

https://www.newsdakota.com/2023/01/2...erence-member/[/

There may be some questionable journalism in this article.

Comment

[QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n735077]

https://www.newsdakota.com/2023/01/2...erence-member/[/

There may be some questionable journalism in this article.
                              How so?

Comment

[QUOTE=njmav1;n735078]
                                Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

How so?
                                Augustana NOT preparing to go D1 except in hockey.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X