Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Has anyone seen any news about what the Northstar is planning to do about football only having 5 teams? I can't seem to find anything
    They are playing 10 games.

2 non conference games.

8 conference games (playing each team 2x - home and away)

Waldorf has their schedule up.

works short term. maybe not long term

Comment

I don't see how the Northstar survives with 7 schools (5 football playing). Vuterbo is way off on its own. They have to be looking elsewhere. That would leave the Northstar at 6/5
      i wondered about that. But Viterbo seems to be happy in the league. Had a nice trip out to LaCrosse this Srping. Great town!

I think ultimately there will have to be a merger or dissolved, but we will see. Bellevue is poised to leave EXCEPT no football so no one will take them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Several other main streets in Renville County alone that are much less appealing :D
        I remember seeing the Renville Indian cheerleaders on their main street when the boys basketball team went to state two years in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I remember seeing the Renville Indian cheerleaders on their main street when the boys basketball team went to state two years in a row.

Is that picture from the 60's? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

i wondered about that. But Viterbo seems to be happy in the league. Had a nice trip out to LaCrosse this Srping. Great town!

I think ultimately there will have to be a merger or dissolved, but we will see. Bellevue is poised to leave EXCEPT no football so no one will take them.
            With the dissolution though, it leaves some questions around where everyone ends up, or if they sponsor sports at all

Comment

They are under the RCW umbrella now, aren't they?

Good ole' Renville. They have a Dollar General.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

They are under the RCW umbrella now, aren't they?

Good ole' Renville. They have a Dollar General.
                Yes. In 1980 they became R-SH. At some point they added Danube and even Belview to become B-D-R-SH. I think that Belview goes to Redwood now. Delhi had a HS back in the 40s. I don't get to the west end of the county much anymore.

Oh- Redwood Falls is getting a Kwik-Trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

Is that picture from the 60's? Just curious.
                  1971-72!

Comment

1971-72!
                    The ladies were more foxy in our days Laker.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The ladies were more foxy in our days Laker.
                      Debatable lol...those girls look like my aunt's and that's unfortunate for them lol

Comment

Debatable lol...those girls look like my aunt's and that's unfortunate for them lol
                        They are grandmas now.

Comment

Yes. In 1980 they became R-SH. At some point they added Danube and even Belview to become B-D-R-SH. I think that Belview goes to Redwood now. Delhi had a HS back in the 40s. I don't get to the west end of the county much anymore.

Oh- Redwood Falls is getting a Kwik-Trip.
                          Correct on Belview and Kwik-Trip. It's going in on the old drive-in theater spot/truck lot.

I snagged a photo of the only mention to Ward Cuff anywhere in town today. First player to have their number retired, un-retired, and re-retired by the New York Giants.

Comment

With the dissolution though, it leaves some questions around where everyone ends up, or if they sponsor sports at all
                            well it hasn't dissolved yet, but I agree it seems plausible, Viterbo would end up in an Illinois or Iowa conference. Waldorf in an Iowa or Iowa- Missouri conference.

The 4 Dakota schools can keep the North Star together is they all stay - probably the key.

Bellevue might end up in a Kansas or Missouri conference with Peru State

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

well it hasn't dissolved yet, but I agree it seems plausible, Viterbo would end up in an Illinois or Iowa conference. Waldorf in an Iowa or Iowa- Missouri conference.

The 4 Dakota schools can keep the North Star together is they all stay - probably the key.

Bellevue might end up in a Kansas or Missouri conference with Peru State
                              Right, should have said with potential dissolution. I guess I haven't checked personally but how many IA schools are in the NAIA?

Comment

Right, should have said with potential dissolution. I guess I haven't checked personally but how many IA schools are in the NAIA?
                                12. Wisconsin is down to one- Viterbo- now that Cardinal Stritch closed.
                                List of NAIA institutions - Wikipedia

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X