Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

some of that is change in recruting philosphy. some is Undersood and Patterson and theother coaches have ties to MN, McClure was the tie to San diego and Vegas and he is gone so this is also a factor in less guys from there.
    I think a lot of that was Bullerman, but McClure did have an impact in that regard.

I didn't mind us going that far away, but I think we'll build a stronger program if our core is from the Midwest. Doesn't all have to be ultra local, but still... I like this approach.

Comment

I've never been to Indiana before. First time for everything!

Comment

should be fun playing Valpo

Comment

It's fun seeing legacy recruits sign on, I believe there are about a handful in this class. Of course the biggest name on the list is Jeff Loots' kid.

Comment

Lots to like about the class. I think the coaches do a good job. should be some guys who can help

Comment

Last weekend's "Saturday Morning Mustang" radio program on KMHL had a really nice chat with Scott Underwood. (starts just before the 40-minute mark)

https://soundcloud.com/user-62110883...d-aired-2-4-23

Comment

Not football related, but it was announced this afternoon that Paul Blanchard will be retiring at the end of the season.

Comment

My way-too-early prediction is 5-6 - wins over Minot, Northern, Moorhead, Mary, and UMD. Maybe a little too optimistic, but I think we should improve over last year. Would also like to see us really compete against Bemidji, Wayne, and MSU.

Valpo being a D1 game knocks it back from 6-5. I can't be upset at a D1 loss, however being that we're playing a team in the middle of the PFL - I do expect us to compete. I don't think a win is out of the realm of possibility though.

Thoughts?

Comment

I think you are selling your Mustangs short. I know Valpo is D1, but it is non-scholarship. That does make a difference in the type of player they are able to recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
                      I think you are selling your Mustangs short. I know Valpo is D1, but it is non-scholarship. That does make a difference in the type of player they are able to recruit.
                      I went back-and-forth on it. They're non-scholly and a mediocre PFL team, but D1 nonetheless. Maybe my opinion will switch by that point in the season as I know more about each team.

Comment

Valpo played GLVC Truman State in 2018 and 2019. In 2018, Truman finished 6-5 overall and beat Valpo 34-20.

I think it will be a competitive, even though I'm sure we'll be underdogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Valpo played GLVC Truman State in 2018 and 2019. In 2018, Truman finished 6-5 overall and beat Valpo 34-20.

I think it will be a competitive, even though I'm sure we'll be underdogs.
                          I'm expecting a good game either way. I just can't be too torn up if we lose to a school a division higher than we are.

Comment

The REC has finally been cleared of snow so maybe football can use it for spring ball. No clue why it wasn't cleared off earlier. So much dysfunction out there. The field should have had the snow removed so it could be used. Amazing to me .

Comment

The REC has finally been cleared of snow so maybe football can use it for spring ball. No clue why it wasn't cleared off earlier. So much dysfunction out there. The field should have had the snow removed so it could be used. Amazing to me .
                              Any word on a spring game? I'd like to work it into my schedule.

Comment

Incompetence at its finest!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X