Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All NSIC

Since there will not be North and South divisions next season, it will be interesting how the all NSIC football teams will be structured. Who determines that? The GLIAC that has 8 teams has 1st and 2nd teams plus HM, they pick 17 players on each team.

I'm sure there are holes in my idea, because I'm only writing this on the fly as I read your post.

I say we do just conference awards as a whole.

Give each school five votes. One for SID, one for HC, one for assistant, two for two captains. (Can't vote for your own guys)

Vote for top five (or more) at each position. Essentially a ranked choice deal. Add it all up, award accordingly.

I'm not a diehard on this idea, just makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
      Since there will not be North and South divisions next season, it will be interesting how the all NSIC football teams will be structured. Who determines that? The GLIAC that has 8 teams has 1st and 2nd teams plus HM, they pick 17 players on each team.
      I'd spoken with a coach about this a few weeks ago....and while I wasn't taking notes, I do recall something about just having 1 All-Conference team since there is no North and South in this new 2 year scheduling format. I do recalling 2 QB's..but otherwise a pretty straight-forward one team setup....and I don't recall and 2nd team or HM, etc. Honestly, I'd be fine with this as I have felt for a good while that the volume of names on the past setup made things feel a bit bloated when a team has 12-15 guys as "All Conference" and such. This is why we did just a one team format on our NSIC pod after the regular season wrapped.

The people who will determine such a team will be the same people who always do..the Coaches via voting..no different than the scheduling setup going forward and so forth. The league office basically goes with the overall prevailing thoughts of the coaches feedback.

Comment

Matt, I figured you would have some info on the all conference team, I feel to go from what we had to only one team is quite a drop. The WIAC had 8 teams, they choose 2 teams plus HM plus kickers and all purpose players. I like to see the players get recognition, hope there isn’t only 1 team. The MIAC has 10 teams the choose 1 O team and 1 D team plus HM , but each team has 29 players,

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
          I haven't been on the football boards in a while.....when did this get announced?

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I haven't been on the football boards in a while.....when did this get announced?
            It’s a result of Upper Iowa leaving the league and no time for any long term plans. Teams have an open week in their schedule and not all are early…some teams have found out of conference games, others are trying. Back to your original question, the odd number made the division set up not work

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I don't think I've seen anything officially announced by the league about any of this....but I've had a few head coaches tell me this..which makes sense as teams like Wayne don't play Winona this coming fall..and they always have with the North and South structure.

Since every team does not play each other the true SOS for each team will be slightly different. For example, USF does not play Northern and Bemidji..while Augie does not play Minot and UMD. In 2024 the teams you didn't play will change. The NSIC league site does not have a schedule posted for 2023 yet..I'm fully guessing it's because not all 13 teams have announced their non-con opponent = the schedule isn't fully done then.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X