X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Volleyball Post

https://wscwildcats.com/news/2023/2/...gust-30th.aspx

https://huskers.com/news/2023/2/24/v...in-august.aspx

In a super-cool event the Nebraska Cornhuskers volleyball team is hosting a volleyball match in their 90,000 seat football stadium against UNO on August 30. Prior to that match, Division II powers Wayne State and Nebraska-Kearney will face off in an exhibition contest. Should be a really cool event.

Very cool!

Comment

Wow, that's unique! Might be worth a drive down.

Comment

GBR!!!! I think tickets go on sale April 25th for season ticket holders, then the next day to general public. $25 adult and $5 or 10 for students. Band after the two matches. The volleyball court will sit just north of the 50 yard line. Should be an amazing time!!! Nebraska(UNL) will play Nebraska Omaha(UNO).

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
          GBR!!!! I think tickets go on sale April 25th for season ticket holders, then the next day to general public. $25 adult and $5 or 10 for students. Band after the two matches. The volleyball court will sit just north of the 50 yard line. Should be an amazing time!!! Nebraska(UNL) will play Nebraska Omaha(UNO).
          $25 for the afternoon? Wow. Heck of a deal.

Comment

In 48 hours over 83,000 tickets sold for the event. Crazy.

Comment

That's insane. Good for them. It will be an incredible memory for all athletes involved.

Comment

The boys on 1620 The Zone think they have a chance to set a world record attendance for Women’s athletic events!!!! Hey Wisky!!! See if u can top that, but then again the heck with it if they have score board. Haha. All fun

Comment

I attended this volleyball event yesterday. What an experience. I'd estimate there were at least 20,000 in attendance for the Wayne State vs. Nebraska-Kearney exhibition match.....then there was an official crowd of 92,003 for the Husker match which set a world record for a women's sporting event. It was amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230831_014246013 (Medium).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	767673

Comment

Comment

Watched this last night, it was awesome.

Comment

Wish I could have been there. I was also unable to watch it on TV - but the photos I've seen and the replay of the walkout video were incredible.

Comment

My brother in-law and son (an Augie student) attended and had a great time. They stayed in Lincoln last night and dropped by to visit this morning here in Fremont, NE right on Highway 77. Everything was inexpensive and a good fireworks display with a concert at end of match.

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
                            The boys on 1620 The Zone think they have a chance to set a world record attendance for Women’s athletic events!!!! Hey Wisky!!! See if u can top that, but then again the heck with it if they have score board. Haha. All fun
                            I think it did break the world record for Women's athletics, my friend in Neb went with the whole family. Got some cheap tickets in the nosebleeds, they got to check out the Huskers football stadium and support the volleyball team. He said it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Father_BearClaw View Post

I think it did break the world record for Women's athletics, my friend in Neb went with the whole family. Got some cheap tickets in the nosebleeds, they got to check out the Huskers football stadium and support the volleyball team. He said it was great.
                              Yep, a world record for most attended women's sporting event at 92,003. Old record was a women's Champions League soccer match in Spain.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X