Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NSIC team is going to the D2 college world series.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A NSIC team is going to the D2 college world series.

In the central region sub series tournament Minnesota state downed #10 S. Missouri to advance. Augustana defeated #4 Central Missouri in the other sub series of the central region. Both tournaments were at those respective schools. St. Cloud St. was also in tourney and played well before succumbing to UCM. Best of 3 series will be held at Augustana and winner will advance to the CWS. Almost every year Central region tournament is held in the show me state. About time the North hosts it.

I may make it down to Ronken for game two. I'm curious what the crowd will be like.

Either way, it's cool that the central tournament will have a guaranteed NSIC champion.

Comment

Went into MIAA territory and sent them home. Respect to SCSU as well I suppose they did send Ouchita Baptist home. NSIC went 7-3 on the weekend

Comment

Pretty cool thing for NSIC to not only advance two to the Super Regionals but also for them to do so ranked #6 (Augie)and #8(Mankato) in the region.

f you are a baseball fan, there is also a good series on tap in the South Central Super Regional. Colorado Mesa plays Angelo State in San Angelo. Depending on the ranking service you use, those two teams are either #1 (Mesa) and #3 (Angelo), or #1 (Angelo) and #5 (Mesa) or #1(Angelo) and #2 (Mesa). Any way you cut it, this matchup is between two of the top teams in the country.

Wayne Cavadi predicted that Mankato would prevail in the All-NSIC super regional.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I may make it down to Ronken for game two. I'm curious what the crowd will be like.

Either way, it's cool that the central tournament will have a guaranteed NSIC champion.
          Friday's evening game, Augie is hoping to break their attendance record of 712 for a BB game. Look out Augie is gouging attendees by charging a whopping $5 per ticket, or $3 for students LOL.
          Last edited by vikingfaithful; 05-24-2023, 12:07 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Friday's evening game, Augie is hoping to break their attendance record of 712 for a BB game. Look out Augie is gouching attendees by charging a whopping $5 per ticket, or $3 for students LOL.
            Oofta. That's a bit steep - I'll have to budget wisely ;)

Friday evening might work. That would be kinda neat.

Comment

Augustana swept MSU in Mankato in a 3 games mid-April than lost 6-1 in the conference tournament. Mavericks have been hitting the ball very well and I kind of feel like they are playing a bit better than the Vikings recently. When AU won the CWS in 2018 they were the first cold country team to do so. Both teams have almost everybody back next season as does St. Cloud.

Comment

Friday's evening game, Augie is hoping to break their attendance record of 712 for a BB game. Look out Augie is gouging attendees by charging a whopping $5 per ticket, or $3 for students LOL.
                Can I claim that I'm a student of the game..............?

I don't think I can make the Friday game. Saturday maybe- I am invited to a graduation party that day.

Comment

Whoever watched tonight's game got a hell of an entertaining 9th inning.. Mavs hold on 5-4

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                    Whoever watched tonight's game got a hell of an entertaining 9th inning.. Mavs hold on 5-4
                    That was certainly one way to end a game. Thankfully because it was quite boring before the 9th.

Comment

First time at Ronken Field. Best in the NSIC?

Coach Blanchard sighting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                        First time at Ronken Field. Best in the NSIC?

Coach Blanchard sighting as well.
                        Minot has a beautiful ballpark as well. All of Augustana facilities are courtesy of Alumni and friends of the school. The Sioux Falls business community have been generous,

Comment

Minot has a beautiful ballpark as well. All of Augustana facilities are courtesy of Alumni and friends of the school. The Sioux Falls business community have been generous,
                          True point on Minot. Baseball definitely takes a backseat in all divisions, but especially D2 - so it was a nice change of pace.

SMSU has a decent field in Marshall too, though that's not university property. USF used to play at the Birdcage.

Anyway, I saw Game 1. I got abaolutely roasted in the SD sun but that was my own fault. It was a fun time, had to leave before Game 2. Best of luck to the Vikings going forward.

Comment

The Mavs got into pitching trouble in game 1 when their starter who was pitching very well went out with an injury and then was forced to be replaced by another starter, who was probably slated for game 2. After winning game 1 MSU went through a lot of arms, while Augie starters were outstanding. It was an honor to face a great MSU team in an all NSIC super regional. Not sure if Vikings can go deep in the CWS, but they are fortunate to be going to Cary, NC.
                            Last edited by vikingfaithful; 05-27-2023, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Surprised that Minnesota State doesn't have a little bit more than what they do for a facility. ISG Field is city owned, I would imagine it's not winterized. That's the biggest issue with college baseball in our part of the world. An April thru July season would be great. February thru May, not so much.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X