Dixie
    Ft. Lewis
    Black Hills State
    South Dakota Tech
    Adams State
    Western State
    New Mexico Highlands

Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

Can you explain why you think Chadron State will do so well in your rankings? Also, what does Mesa have back this year?

Comment

Originally posted by pokefan View Post
      Can you explain why you think Chadron State will do so well in your rankings? Also, what does Mesa have back this year?
      He pulled this list out of his A$$. lol

Comment

I think you’ll see a lot more maturity at the QB position at Chardon State. If they can sustain some drives and play 4 WHOLE quarters of football, they’re as good as any team in this conference.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
          He pulled this list out of his A$$. lol
          Wally the only thing you pull out your @$$ is your stepbrothers road flare.Holla

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
            I think you’ll see a lot more maturity at the QB position at Chardon State. If they can sustain some drives and play 4 WHOLE quarters of football, they’re as good as any team in this conference.
            They are probably one more year away from getting back. They're going to continue to suffer from the two QB/no QB conundrum that plagued them in 2015 and 2016. It didn't affect them quite so much last year because one got hurt in preseason.

They do have more playmakers on offense than they've had in recent years, but they have to replace 8 or 9 defensive starters too.

Comment

I find it laughable that there isn't any pre season predictions by ANYONE.. By the way are you a Carrol College grad?

Comment

I find it laughable that there isn't any pre season predictions by ANYONE.. By the way are you a Carrol College grad?
                Rather wait til all the rosters are final in August, but here's a stab at it, just for giggles. Catawba College.

CSUP, until further notice
                CMU, loses some key players
                FLC, my sleeper
                CSM, meh
                SDM, solid offensive core
                CSC, QB conundrum
                DSU, road schedule's a SOB
                NMHU, maybe wins a couple?
                WSCU, nowhere to go but up
                ASU, sneaky coaching change
                BHSU, replacing a lot on offense

Comment

This is winning strategy for most teams.

Comment

Also, what does Mesa have back this year?
                    Did some pre-preseason scouting of rosters and last year's stats. They get Eyston Salum back at QB, along with a couple of his top targets. On D they have a pair of RMAC honorable mention DBs, and an honorable mention DT.

Lost an All-RMAC RB (plus their #2 RB), 3 All-RMAC OL, 1 All-RMAC LB (did Saager run out of semesters, anyone?), plus the RMAC Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Year, Nelson and Moon. And DB Rivas who was an All-American.

I'd be a little nervous about Salum having to do too much this year, behind a rebuilt O-line. But Mesa's been good enough for long enough to have stockpiled some young talent. There are a couple of redshirt RBs who were CO 5A First Teamers in 2016. One of them needs to take up where Tann left off if they're going to keep rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                      Rather wait til all the rosters are final in August, but here's a stab at it, just for giggles. Catawba College.

CSUP, until further notice
                      CMU, loses some key players
                      FLC, my sleeper
                      CSM, meh
                      SDM, solid offensive core
                      CSC, QB conundrum
                      DSU, road schedule's a SOB
                      NMHU, maybe wins a couple?
                      WSCU, nowhere to go but up
                      ASU, sneaky coaching change
                      BHSU, replacing a lot on offense
                      Pretty interesting, you have the nerds finishing 4th and 5th?? BSHU is too well coached to finish last in the RMAC, at least you had the courage to post your predictions....

Comment

Pretty interesting, you have the nerds finishing 4th and 5th?? BSHU is too well coached to finish last in the RMAC, at least you had the courage to post your predictions....
                        The Colorado Nerds could surprise you this year. They finally got a running game going last year. Now if they could just play better at the QB position. I guess I got too used to Dvorak. He was a hard one to follow. Missed a lot of receivers that Dvorak would have hit in stride.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                          The Colorado Nerds could surprise you this year. They finally got a running game going last year. Now if they could just play better at the QB position. I guess I got too used to Dvorak. He was a hard one to follow. Missed a lot of receivers that Dvorak would have hit in stride.
                          Mayberry and Oliver are All-American talent, don't get me wrong. Mayberry reminds me a lot of CSC's Clinton from a few years ago. Just a tough kid.

I guess to me, this year is kind of a referendum on Mines HC. In both his HC jobs so far, he's either won with the other guys' (Urban and Stitt) players, or was very average. Even with a 1500 yard rusher, 2017 would've been a 6-5 season if not for two fumbles by Dixie in Mines territory in the 4th quarter at home. Last year he had a really young team though, so give him a mulligan. It's time to see what he's developed over four years, and how well he & that new stadium have recruited.

So you're right, they could surprise me. In order to do that they need to fortify the right side of the line, where they graduated two All-RMAC OL, and a QB needs to step up.

Comment

I think Mayberry is a good running back and was a little surprised to see him named as a consensus all-American, but he is a good power back. My assumption is that Bernard McDondle will be the rushing leader for the RMAC next year if he returns for his final year of eligibility and if he can stay healthy. If Bernard can stay healthy it would not be improbable for him to have a 2,000 yard season.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                              I think Mayberry is a good running back and was a little surprised to see him named as a consensus all-American, but he is a good power back. My assumption is that Bernard McDondle will be the rushing leader for the RMAC next year if he returns for his final year of eligibility and if he can stay healthy. If Bernard can stay healthy it would not be improbable for him to have a 2,000 yard season.
                              It was good to read about the other teams in the conference until you had to ruin it with that asanine propaganda..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X