Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 RMAC Attendance

From today's Chadron State game. As you can see, pretty nice crowd. Based on previous games (listed attendance figures and how full the stands were), I would guesstimate that the attendance figure for this game will be listed at 1700 or so. Not near the humongous crowds of the Woodhead era, but a decent turnout nonetheless.

EDIT: Boxscore already posted at rmacsports.org. Listed attendance 1,697
    Last edited by sportsvine; 10-27-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Week 9 Attendance Numbers

1. Colorado State Pueblo (vs Fort Lewis) 6,375
      2. Colorado Mines (vs South Dakota Mines) 3,185
      3. Colorado Mesa (vs Dixie State) 2,582
      4. Chadron State (vs New Mexico Highlands) 1,697
      5. Western State (vs Black Hills State) 789

Adams State played at Angelo State 1,396

Total Home Attendance and Average

1. Colorado State Pueblo 32,027 (5 games) 6,405
      2. Dixie State 13,228 (4 games) 3,307
      3. Colorado Mesa 12,022 (4 games) 3,006
      4. Colorado Mines 13,769 (5 games) 2,754
      5. Adams State 8,700 (4 games) 2,175
      6. Chadron State 10,617 (5 games) 2,123
      7. South Dakota Mines 8,398 (4 games) 2,100
      8. Fort Lewis 6,891 (5 games) 1,378
      9. Black Hills State 5,138 (4 games) 1,285
      10. Western State 3,978 (4 games) 995
      11. New Mexico Highlands 2,061 (3 games) 687
      Last edited by sportsvine; 11-11-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

From today's Chadron State game. As you can see, pretty nice crowd. Based on previous games (listed attendance figures and how full the stands were), I would guesstimate that the attendance figure for this game will be listed at 1700 or so. Not near the humongous crowds of the Woodhead era, but a decent turnout nonetheless.

Nice pic - had not seen the new press box / turf in a game environment.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

It has been pointed out to me off board that I may be coming off a little critical of other folks' stadiums. So I am rephrasing. I would like to know about the visitor side since that's where I will be sitting early next September. I hope they improved that side too. The home side looks great. Don Beebe will be pleased.
          Last edited by MinnequaFats; 10-29-2018, 11:46 AM. Reason: Decorum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
              It has been pointed out to me off board that I may be coming off a little critical of other folks' stadiums. So I am rephrasing. I would like to know about the visitor side since that's where I will be sitting early next September. I hope they improved that side too. The home side looks great. Don Beebe will be pleased.
              Even if you were, I think you're allowed to be critical. Those bleachers they have had over there in the past are atrocious and a safety concern if you have small children. Pueblo for years had a terrible sound system and a scoreboard that had faded to pink in the Colorado sun, I'm sure they both noticed and heard complaints about it. I don't think anything you said was disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post
                Nice pic - had not seen the new press box / turf in a game environment.
                Yes, very nice. The old grass field was a mess when it was wet. Sportsvine, did they move the visitors stands away from the field? Those were a disaster.

Comment

The only changes to the visitors sides we're adding two sets of moveable bleachers to the ones that were already there. The bleachers were not moved. However, the playing field was moved to the south about 15 feet, giving more room on the visiting sideline. The bleachers are still not centered at midfield, maybe that is something that will be worked on prior to the 2019 season.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                    He was...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brother View Post
                      He was...

Love it. Can we get the Danny Woodhead Visitor's Bleachers as an upgrade next?

Comment

https://mail.google.com5906.JPG[/url
                        Last edited by mountaineermagic; 11-02-2018, 12:49 AM. Reason: struggling trying to upload picture from Western, FLC game

Comment

Taken in Rapid City, Chadron State at SD Mines.

As you can see, VERY thin crowd.... but... the weather was awful. Cold and very windy. If you look on the right side of the bleachers where most of the fans are... those are visiting Chadron fans, easily more than home fans in the rest of the bleacher structure.

Boxscore already up... listed attendance 1,788. I am guessing this might come mostly from the vehicles parked around the south tiered hill. Probably 150 cars or so, and if each car averages 3 people, that probably 450 fans. Chadron State probably had 300-400 fans in attendance, and I am not sure how the rest can add up to 1,700+. But... that's what is listed.

https://rmacsports.org/boxscore.aspx...&path=football

Comment

Their games are always that way.. Except the Homestake Trophy game. That whole Stadium is packed that day. Lots Of BHSU fans there too though. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it. Congrats to Chadron on the win.

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post
                              Their games are always that way.. Except the Homestake Trophy game. That whole Stadium is packed that day. Lots Of BHSU fans there too though. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it. Congrats to Chadron on the win.
                              I listened to the audio stream of this game through the Chadron radio station website. Never knew about the fans in cars until yesterday. That's a pretty cool little quirky game atmosphere thing they have.

Comment

Week 10 Attendance Numbers

1. Dixie State (vs Colorado Mines) 4,274
                                2. Colorado Mesa (vs Adams State) 1,895
                                3. South Dakota Mines (vs Chadron State) 1,788
                                4. Black Hills State (vs Colorado State Pueblo) 1,007
                                5. New Mexico Highlands (vs Western State) 582

Fort Lewis- Bye

Total Home Attendance and Average

1. Colorado State Pueblo 32,027 (5 games) 6,405
                                2. Dixie State 17,502 (5 games) 3,500
                                3. Colorado Mesa 13,917 (5 games) 2,783
                                4. Colorado Mines 13,769 (5 games) 2,754
                                5. Adams State 8,700 (4 games) 2,175
                                6. Chadron State 10,617 (5 games) 2,123
                                7. South Dakota Mines 10,186 (5 games) 2,037
                                8. Fort Lewis 6,891 (5 games) 1,378
                                9. Black Hills State 6,145 (5 games) 1,229
                                10. Western State 3,978 (4 games) 995
                                11. New Mexico Highlands 2,643 (4 games) 661
                                Last edited by sportsvine; 11-11-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X