Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSU Pueblo Week 1 Recap. Penalties and Fumbles

Hello everyone and welcome to a new year. I missed this past weekend's game, but in the Pueblo Chieftain Wristen did not seem pleased with the outcome.

"It's really hard to believe we won 56-14," CSU-Pueblo coach John Wristen said. "We made way too many mistakes. We big-played them to depth. Our discipline needs to be a lot better and too many turnovers (five) to my satisfaction." Wristen stated.

I truly believe the fumbles are going to improve, but the penalties need to be addressed. I also agree with a few others on a different thread. Brandon should be the sole starting QB if the Thunderwolves want to establish a balanced attack. Thompson was 0-4, and as much as I like his enthusiasm, he is not going to be an effective play action QB for CSU Pueblo.

Let me know your thoughts.

Re: CSU Pueblo Week 1 Recap. Penalties and Fumbles

Not sure about CSUP, but Mesa was penalized almost 100 yards. I did not see the entire game, but a couple were just blatant ridiculous calls. Why can't these refs just let the teams play? How they could have possibly called the penalties I saw is beyond belief.

Regardless, Mesa was lucky to win given their own lackluster and mistake-prone performance.

For A-ams (as another poster is prone to say - minus the D), how the heck to you get blown out when the other team gifts you the ball 5 times? Gonna be a crazy year.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
      Not sure about CSUP, but Mesa was penalized almost 100 yards. I did not see the entire game, but a couple were just blatant ridiculous calls. Why can't these refs just let the teams play? How they could have possibly called the penalties I saw is beyond belief.

Regardless, Mesa was lucky to win given their own lackluster and mistake-prone performance.

For A-ams (as another poster is prone to say - minus the D), how the heck to you get blown out when the other team gifts you the ball 5 times? Gonna be a crazy year.
      I think you mean how did ixie get blown out.

Mesa has a way of flipping the switch when they need to in games they haven't played very well. Not a good habit but shows their talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        I think you mean how did ixie get blown out.

Lol, yes - got ahead of myself. amnit! :smile-big:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X