Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 Game Thread

A couple of interesting games this week, with Mines @ Fort Lewis, Adams @ SD Mines, and of course Peeblow @ Colorado Mesa.

I don't see the Skyhawks keeping up with Mines, but Durango can be a funny place to play sometimes. The Adams/SDMines game could be a barnburner, but that long bus ride probably makes Adams too tired.

Then we have Mesa. It's pretty funny to see a few Pueblo fans talk about this game being a "revenge" game for their 2016 loss. Mesa's defense is but a shell of its former self, so if revenge against lesser competition makes one feel good, well, whatever. I saw somewhere that the Mavs hope to make CSUPs RBs run wide, since it appears they have less success doing so. But Mesa's DBs are very prolific throwing their arms at speeding trains, so that does not bode too well. Besides, I've seen so many gaping holes up the middle of Mesa's D even I could have 10 ypc.

So, we shall see, but I suspect plenty of subs in the game in the second half.

Good luck to everyone, and feel free to flame away! :laugh:

Re: Week 7 Game Thread

Mesa kinda ruined what would've been a much more anticipated matchup by having a bit of a rougher than expected season. But, the rivalry is very much still there so this one should at least be played with a lot of emotion. If Salum plays and stays healthy it could be a tight game, I expect his ribs will be tested early by Pueblo. If he can't go, or can't be effective running then it could be a tough day for the bovine.

Mines looks too focused to slip up the rest of the regular season. As long as they stay healthy they'll get a home playoff game or two. Maybe even a rematch with Pueblo, that would be interesting to say the least.

Adams and SD Mines... I'm guessing the Mines defense is slightly better and gets one extra stop to come out on top 51-47. Gonna be entertaining I have a feeling.

Comment

Fort Lewis off to a great start with a bad snap into their own end zone recovered for a safety.

2-0 Mines

Comment

First inning baseball score. Mines looking uninspired. Very dangerous in Durango.

Comment

8 minutes left in 1st, btw

Comment

35 yard TD pass by Lewis, Skyhawks go ahead 7-2.

Comment

7-2...nice little drive put together there by Fort Lewis.

Comment

Mines gets a pick after being stopped on 4th down. 2 plays and a pass to Oliver for a TD. Mines ahead 9-7 at start of second

Comment

Brody Oliver with that TD catch breaks the all-time RMAC record for career TDs, nice job!

Comment

Two more TDs and Mines now ahead 23-7 with a couple of minutes left in the half. Mines starting to wake up and take control now.

Comment

Oliver now 3 TDs on the day :victory:

Comment

Halftime, 23-7

Comment

And after 8 minutes of the first, SDMines 7-0, lol. What happened to the offenses??

Comment

That's more like it! Two TDs in 4 minutes, SDMines ahead 14-7 with 3 minutes in the first.

Comment

Adams with a 1 minute TD drive, now 14-14, :smile-big:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X