3. Duluth
    4. Tarleton
    5. Pueblo
    6. Commerce
    7. Central Washington

CWU @ Mines
    Commerce @ Duluth
    Pueblo @ Tarleton

Some interesting games if that were to happen.

Comment

Re: Super Region 4 Rankings

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      Assuming Tarleton beats MW and no one else gets upset I'd say:

1. Mankato
      2. Mines
      3. Duluth
      4. Tarleton
      5. Pueblo
      6. Commerce
      7. Central Washington

CWU @ Mines
      Commerce @ Duluth
      Pueblo @ Tarleton

1. Mankato - Easy stretch run. Shocked if they lose a game.
      2. Mines - Should finish 11-0, but not out of the realm of possibility they get stunned by Dixie or Chadron.
      3. Duluth - Ditto their Mankato brethren. Can't imagine them losing.
      4. Tarleton - Cake walk to 11-0 if they get past Midwestern.
      5. Pueblo - Should end up 10-1 if everyone behaves.
      6. Commerce - Hardest part of LSC schedule behind them, but I'd say 20% chance they could slip up against WTAMU or Angelo.
      7. Central Washington - Should be 8-1 in D2 heading into finale against Azusa. Loss to West Texas looming large. If Midwestern beats Tarleton I think the Cats end up on the outside looking in. (Someone smarter than me, no Earned Access here since GNAC has only 5 teams, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
        1. Mankato - Easy stretch run. Shocked if they lose a game.
        2. Mines - Should finish 11-0, but not out of the realm of possibility they get stunned by Dixie or Chadron.
        3. Duluth - Ditto their Mankato brethren. Can't imagine them losing.
        4. Tarleton - Cake walk to 11-0 if they get past Midwestern.
        5. Pueblo - Should end up 10-1 if everyone behaves.
        6. Commerce - Hardest part of LSC schedule behind them, but I'd say 20% chance they could slip up against WTAMU or Angelo.
        7. Central Washington - Should be 8-1 in D2 heading into finale against Azusa. Loss to West Texas looming large. If Midwestern beats Tarleton I think the Cats end up on the outside looking in. (Someone smarter than me, no Earned Access here since GNAC has only 5 teams, right?)
        Right, no earned access for the GNAC.

Comment

I feel like if CSU Pueblo and Mines happened to meet again in the playoffs, the Thunderwolves would beat the nerds the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
            I feel like if CSU Pueblo and Mines happened to meet again in the playoffs, the Thunderwolves would beat the nerds the second time around.
            Always tough to beat the same team twice. Pueblo would have to get the OL healthy and find a way to run the ball, they were completely unable to do that in the prior match-up.

Comment

Always tough to beat the same team twice. Pueblo would have to get the OL healthy and find a way to run the ball, they were completely unable to do that in the prior match-up.
              CSU Pueblo had zero passing game against Mines the first time. Brandon Edwards has learned that he needs to stay in the pocket, even if it's crumbling, and get rid of the ball faster. CSU Pueblo also needed to run the read option better, which totally depends on the QB's ability to read the field and I feel Brandon is doing a lot better there as well. I am also glad that AJ is now in there as an experiment and not as a potential starter. Jace Christian passed better in his first start then AJ did most his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                CSU Pueblo had zero passing game against Mines the first time. Brandon Edwards has learned that he needs to stay in the pocket, even if it's crumbling, and get rid of the ball faster. CSU Pueblo also needed to run the read option better, which totally depends on the QB's ability to read the field and I feel Brandon is doing a lot better there as well. I am also glad that AJ is now in there as an experiment and not as a potential starter. Jace Christian passed better in his first start then AJ did most his entire career.
                Zero passing game? Edwards thew for 315 yards. Pueblo only ran for 112 yards on 40 carries, 2.8 yards per rush.

Comment

Zero passing game? Edwards thew for 315 yards. Pueblo only ran for 112 yards on 40 carries, 2.8 yards per rush.
                  Sorry, you are correct and I stand corrected. I still stand by my earlier response.

Comment

I think he was thinking of Mines. They did not pass the ball much in that game, which means if they meet again, CSUP will have to deal with that.

Comment

Assuming Tarleton beats MW and no one else gets upset I'd say:

1. Mankato
                      2. Mines
                      3. Duluth
                      4. Tarleton
                      5. Pueblo
                      6. Commerce
                      7. Central Washington

CWU @ Mines
                      Commerce @ Duluth
                      Pueblo @ Tarleton

This looks about right, if everything holds up as anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                        I think he was thinking of Mines. They did not pass the ball much in that game, which means if they meet again, CSUP will have to deal with that.
                        They tried, but 12/23 for 88 yards wasn't cutting it. I do think Pueblo wins in a rematch. "For the final three quarters the ThunderWolves gave up just 64 yards, totaled three sacks (-16 yards) and forced and recovered a fumble." To have the defensive ability to hold Mines to 64 yards in 3 qtrs is pretty telling. Of course points are what matters but I think Pueblo would welcome that rematch. Especially compared to heading to Tarleton or Duluth. Guess we'll see. Pueblo is currently down 3 starters on the OL so that group needs to heal up.

Comment

They tried, but 12/23 for 88 yards wasn't cutting it. I do think Pueblo wins in a rematch. "For the final three quarters the ThunderWolves gave up just 64 yards, totaled three sacks (-16 yards) and forced and recovered a fumble." To have the defensive ability to hold Mines to 64 yards in 3 qtrs is pretty telling. Of course points are what matters but I think Pueblo would welcome that rematch. Especially compared to heading to Tarleton or Duluth. Guess we'll see. Pueblo is currently down 3 starters on the OL so that group needs to heal up.
                          And not to take anything away from Mayberry's effort on the two long TD runs, but it clearly looked like the Mines coaching staff had something figured out there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X