Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dixie State considering a move to D1

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
    "Reality" proves that recruiting prospects to play at a crappy program like UNC does NOT beget better talent on a bigger scale. It simply means recruiting HS players who "think" they're DI prospects but who in reality do not measure up to talent at that level. For the first time in years, UNC has gone after Colorado kids to fill its needs this 2019 recruitment cycle. Out of approximately 20 kids who have committed to UNC, all but a couple are from Colorado. I'm sure the recruits believe they are genuine FCS level prospects. Truth is, most of them are not. Look for yourself and see. UNC will continue to be the Big Sky Conference's doormat. Dixie will be just as bad, if not worse. When it's all said and done, what bona fide recruit wants to play for a perennial loser with no prospect of getting looks from scouts at the next level? A Colorado kid's chances of getting looks from NFL scouts are better in Pueblo than they are in Greeley. FCS v. DII is not a factor. If a kid is NFL material, the scouts will find him, no matter what level he plays at. Right now, NFL scouts ain't flocking to Greeley. Setting football aside, if a kid wants to go to Greeley primarily for an education, and play on a crappy football team, then by all means Greeley is a fine school to attend. Dixie? hmmm ...
    Marty English is now in charge of recruiting at UNC; which is a good thing. That's why there is more of an emphasis on recruiting in-state.

To stay on topic, I have no idea what Dixie will do with recruiting, but they will need to compete for FCS talent with SUU and Weber.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSkyBears View Post
      Marty English is now in charge of recruiting at UNC; which is a good thing. That's why there is more of an emphasis on recruiting in-state.

To stay on topic, I have no idea what Dixie will do with recruiting, but they will need to compete for FCS talent with SUU and Weber.
      Indeed, Marty English is a very good recruiter. His success over the years bears that out. Nevertheless, this past recruiting class doesn't look impressive. I hope he proves skeptics in the peanut gallery like me wrong.

Comment

Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 02-24-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

"Marty English is now in charge of recruiting at UNC; which is a good thing. That's why there is more of an emphasis on recruiting in-state."

And probably a declining recruiting budget.
          Last edited by RichardNoggin; 02-28-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
            You could always drive to UNLV games. :doh:
            I thought he said he wanted to be in a place that has football....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X